• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

kdoll08

So to the people that are ordering the game on the Japan store is everything showing up in English? I know Mario Kart does not need mcuh but I'm just wondering.

Tsosie

NA Amazon preorder hasn't fucking budged.

Same for everyone, or what?

Same here. I dropped mine a few hours ago. Sad to see the $12 get eaten, but I have since convinced myself that having it digital will be a good choice so I can quickly boot it up for my kids without teaching them how to change carts.

phanphare

Banned
I'm hoping I can just walk into a Best Buy or something tomorrow and pick it up, as I don't like to do the Pre-Order dance with people. Think I'll have any issues picking it up in store?

nah, Best Buy typically has a lot of stock for games like Mario Kart. I never pre order and have been fine. even walked in and out with Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U without issue so for something like Mario Kart 8 on Switch it'll be fine.

Shipped and arriving tomorrow via Amazon. My teddy bear kart is ready for y'all. :D

TheseAgreeableDragon.gif

DisguisedTangibleLaughingthrush.gif

14333560744_a0e489d9f2_o.gif

nah, Best Buy typically has a lot of stock for games like Mario Kart. I never pre order and have been fine. even walked in and out with Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U without issue so for something like Mario Kart 8 on Switch it'll be fine.

Good to know! I'm gonna try and take an early lunch break to slip out and hit em' in the morning. Really looking forward to playing since it has been a while since I've played Mario Kart. And we have a bit of a road trip on Saturday, so perfect timing for that.

ryushe

Has Amazon.jp change the way American credit cards work?

I'm trying to buy this game digital from their site, but I keep getting a verification error. I've bought eShop points in the past (at least two weeks ago) and had no problem, so I'm wondering what the issue is now :/\

So to the people that are ordering the game on the Japan store is everything showing up in English? I know Mario Kart does not need mcuh but I'm just wondering.
Yes. There's only one digital SKU for the whole world.
The game selects the language according to what language your Switch is configured to.

So... I'm trying to select Japan and set up the Japanese Amazon account, but apparently Japan isn't an option for possible countries for the address?

PikkonX

This is the first game I've ever "imported" via an Amazon.jp download code. I only played the Wii U version once, so I can't wait to jump in.

Edit: Was only $2 more than I'd pay with GCU or Prime.

ryushe

Has Amazon.jp change the way American credit cards work?

I'm trying to buy this game digital from their site, but I keep getting a verification error. I've bought eShop points in the past (at least two weeks ago) and had no problem, so I'm wondering what the issue is now :v
Forget it. Got it to work.

Man, getting this digitally for the same discounted price as if I were to buy it physically from Amazon or BestBuy with Prime/GCU is everything I wanted.

God, I love the Switch being Region free!

Will hop in tomorrow when I get it, been a long time since I actually felt challenged at Mario Kart (was nearly banned from playing it with a few friends because I learned green shell sniping from you people, had to stop because a few of them were almost at "YOU FUCK THIS GAME" levels of salt).

Just checking, but do Battle Mode tournament codes have 13 digits, 5 before the first dash? Saw that was the case in the OP and wasn't sure if it was a typo or not.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think it'll update at about 9am PST tomorrow. The wait is agonizing.

Should be up at Midnight EST, 9pm PST tonight.

Nintendo first party games always go up then, third party stuff at Noon EST/9AM PSt.

As more confirmation, I just preordered a digital code from Amazon as I had credit there and it says it will be avaible at midnight EST.

Oh no, am I gonna be looked down upon if I use Dry Bowser?
He was my main and favorite back on MK Wii and I was looking forward to using him again.

linnu5

So the Amazon.jp verification went through, it took 2 hrs or so. Bought it using my Brazilian credit card and a Japanese address without any issues. I was charged for R$173 (US$54) while the physical game is being sold here for R$279 (US$88).

Just redeemed the code on my main account doing the region hopping thing.

I just have one question. What about game updates? Will I have to region hop to download them as well or they will download automatically even if I switch back my region to US?

Solobbos

Oh, seems that the game launched at 00:00 here in Finland (it's 00:26 atm). Convenient! Going to go buy the physical version tomorrow, however.

Rayis

Tomorrow as soon as I'm out of work I'm bolting to GameStop to get my pre-ordered copy, I'll see you all tomorrow! I'll be the best Isabelle player!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Posting this again to get a solid answer since the game is out in the wild now:

keeccFk.jpg

Does the game really force individual players onto single Joy-Cons during multiplayer? A pair in a grip doesn't work?

SeanR1221

Nintendo first party games always go up then, third party stuff at Noon EST/9AM PSt.

As more confirmation, I just preordered a digital code from Amazon as I had credit there and it says it will be avaible at midnight EST.

I'm going to pay for it tomorrow, but I'm staying up to download it.

jariw

For those of you who played MK8, do you feel that the visual upgrade in single player (docked) is considerable moving to 1080p? Do you "feel" the difference? If so, how?

maxcriden

I think it'll update at about 9am PST tomorrow. The wait is agonizing.

Don't eShop games usually go up around 6-7am the day of release, not midnight?

For some reason I thought it was now midnight time zone by time zone but I'm probably just thinking of the switch console launch. But yeah first party games go up at midnight EST for sure. :)

ghibli99

For those of you who played MK8, do you feel that the visual upgrade in single player (docked) is considerable moving to 1080p? Do you "feel" the difference? If so, how?
It will all depend on distance, but I definitely noticed the resolution at 720p when I was playing it a couple years ago (sitting about 2' from a 27" monitor).

I'm now sitting about 2.5'~3' from a 43" 4K TV, so I'm sure 1080p will be much appreciated on the Switch version (won't know until tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll be noticeable for me).

maxcriden

NA Amazon preorder hasn't fucking budged.

Same for everyone, or what?

Someone earlier said it shipped for them. Mine hasn't and I'm getting ready to cancel.

Same here

Same on amazon. I canned decided to just goto target in morning

Same here. I dropped mine a few hours ago. Sad to see the $12 get eaten, but I have since convinced myself that having it digital will be a good choice so I can quickly boot it up for my kids without teaching them how to change carts.

Sorry to hear it all. In my experience Amazon is not always great for release day delivery but it's been a while since I've tried and I've heard from some it has improved. Might be worth contacting Amazon to see if they'll still get it to you by end of day tomorrow (unless you plan to play it sooner). I know with Best Buy at least they sometimes ship it the night before or I think sometimes maybe even the morning of and it arrives on release day.

Top Bottom