• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Yeah my Amazon order says I'll be notified when they have a shipping date so I may just be going digital with this one.

It's kinda one of those "always have ready to go" on system kinda games anyway.

VanWinkle

Mine on Amazon still says shipping soon, too. Ever so slightly worried, but I have never not gotten my game from them on release day, and I would be shocked to see it happen this widespread. Maybe they're just at a lot more warehouses.

Guess we'll see what happens.

mulac

Woke up early this morning to download directly from the estore and was hoping to have a few races on the train into work.

Man the Nintendo estore is SLOW - whats with no preordering or paypal? Took ages downloading aswell so sadly will have to wait to tonight.

Still...Hype!

So the Amazon.jp verification went through, it took 2 hrs or so. Bought it using my Brazilian credit card and a Japanese address without any issues. I was charged for R$173 (US$54) while the physical game is being sold here for R$279 (US$88).

Just redeemed the code on my main account doing the region hopping thing.

I just have one question. What about game updates? Will I have to region hop to download them as well or they will download automatically even if I switch back my region to US?

Ha. I just tried the same thing, waiting on my verification using a made-up Tokyo address.

B00TE

I caved and got eshop money so I could go digital for this and get it at midnight. Given how much I played the Wii U version (also digital there), it was super handy to always have that on the system itself. Them slightly faster load times will be nice. Just under six-ish hours now!

Currently downloading. Can't wait to get into the game again, Switch is going to be perfect for this. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing this much more often than on my Wii U. 20%... 21%... hnnnng.

Amazon Japan came through for me!
So much cheaper than the price plus tax of a Canadian copy.

Thinking about doing this here in Canada, too...can you redeem the code with a Canadian eShop account? Will it still be the English version of the game? Sorry if this has been explained before, I'm coming in late here.

Exentryk

Gorgeous OT, and an amazing title! Great work, Roo!

How are the normal items balance, with 2 items? Guessing we're testing these before Frantic?

That's us when we get the games tomorrow. :)

mfVaUwk.png

Haha, let the salt flow!!!

AGoodODST

So tempted to go digital if it's up at midnight. It's the perfect game to have always available.

On the other hand that box art is awesome...

mrk8885

Banned
Will I be restricted in any way by downloading a European copy vs an American? (As an American)

Not at all. It's the same game. In fact, if you buy the EU or JP version and go to the US eShop, it'll say already purchased.

I suppose there's a hypothetical future risk if Nintendo changes and only allows a single account on a device. For example, the PS Vita only allows one account. So you have to reformat and re login if you have purchases from other accounts. But as of now, should be just fine.

Seems like the store is getting hammered(EU).... bought the game but it is not downloading and now I cant get back into the store.
See you all tomorrow for some multiplayer :)

Roo

Gorgeous OT, and an amazing title! Great work, Roo!

How are the normal items balance, with 2 items? Guessing we're testing these before Frantic?

Haha, let the salt flow!!!

First of all, thanks. Appreciate it :D

As for the items, Deluxe normal races seem to be even more stupid that frantic from the Wii U version.

First place can get freaking bombs lol
Lost count of how many times Nathan got rekt an hour or so ago >.>

Can't wait for tmrw to pick it up.

Sorry if this been asked but is the servers for online multiplayer already up? Is it stable and not laggy?

Nope i figured everything out and got my code. Do i need to download it on my japanese account on my system or change the region on my main account?
you can do either :)

i would just create a new account, i don't think you can change region if you have any balance remaining in your account currently.

Top Bottom