• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Would be interested in hearing how people like the single player for this.

I'm having a good time unlocking parts and doing battle against my CPU nemeses. Obviously gonna get online tomorrow but three starring the cups, time trials, and even battle mode with bots are all fun for me.

VanWinkle

Would be interested in hearing how people like the single player for this.

I've only played the Wii U version, but it's just picking cups and racing the three levels. I have fun with it personally, but it couldn't be more barebones. This is unfortunately nothing like, say, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, with a proper world tour.

Man, I forgot about that game. What a game. I would have loved to see MK8 do a "campaign" like that. It actually gives you a feeling of progression, and some variety.

Sega, release SAASRT on Switch with 60fps.

Oh god. I put the switch in sleep mode for 10 minutes. Turned it back on just to see how much faster it was. Was at 34%. I put it back in sleep mode, waited 20 minutes...

34%

In the minute I typed this post, it went up 7%. I think I woke the console and entered sleep mode so fast, the console forgot to reactivate the wifi. Why Nintendo lol

Mr Swine

Banned
Woowowowow Mario Kart 8 looks so freaking amazing on the Switch portable mode! My jaw dropped to the floor when I played my first online race. And the gameplay feels heavier and better than from Wii U version and. I love the new Dual Item gameplay! Also how do you turn of the new driving helper thingy on the cart?

Alienfan

I haven't played Mario Kart since the 2005 DS game. I was about 6 at the time and it was probably one of my most played DS games, but I eventually got bored playing the same tracks over and over,and the modes were very limited. I was wondering how much the series has evolved since then? Should I wait for a price drop? Is there a lot of content?

molnizzle

I haven't played Mario Kart since the 2005 DS game. I was about 6 at the time and it was probably one of my most played DS games, but I eventually got bored playing the same tracks over and over,and the modes were very limited. I was wondering how much the series has evolved since then? Should I wait for a price drop? Is there a lot of content?

Buy it.

ciD_Vain

When choosing the different kart parts, what are those options that pop up after pressing -/+? I'm talking about the L Y R buttons

Just to throw my hat on the Amazon conversation, I've never had a preorder problem with then until this year when they cancelled my Persona 5 preorder. Aaaaand now my MK8, still hasn't shipped. My roommates who also haven't ever had an issue with them received their Switch and Breath of the Wild on the tuesday after release (they're partially responsible for Zelda outselling actual switches rofl)

So uh yeah, I think I'm gonna check out best buys deal. $30 for two years seems pretty sweet, and the deals for games are better anyway.

Delio

Had some fun races. Got back into my groove with Villager but i need my slick wheels. Putting it down for now so the Switch can rest.

Dipship31

Just added a whole bunch of your FC's. Mine if anyone wants to add:

SW-2125-4039-8133
Dipship31

I'm a super beginner now though, first MK really since MK64. What are some tips for basically a super newbie now?

meanspartan

I've only played the Wii U version, but it's just picking cups and racing the three levels. I have fun with it personally, but it couldn't be more barebones. This is unfortunately nothing like, say, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, with a proper world tour.

Man, I forgot about that game. What a game. I would have loved to see MK8 do a "campaign" like that. It actually gives you a feeling of progression, and some variety.

Or make a sequel.

B00TE

Omg it looks so good docked/undocked. Need to sleep nowish but I don't wanna, just as excited to play more as I was when it released originally.

DarkKyo

I have release-date delivery for Amazon but it still says "shipping today".... I'm not getting it today, am I? :(

East Coast US here.

Finished my download in 40 min. That 5G Wifi.

And wow, a lot of people skipped Wii U because nobody is using any of the shortcuts. This crown is getting snug.

Schnozberry

Wired internet is the way to go if you're close enough to a router or network switch. I was able to download and install in about 30 minutes.

That said, the game is still great. My daughter is going to freak out tomorrow after school.

ZeroX03

Banned
For my general bitching about MK, I gotta say, game looks phenomenally crisp at 1080p. Even on handheld mode, the 720p is really nice and sharp, even with four players it stays looking great even though the framerate drop is noticeable. It's visually a stunner no matter how you play.

Also there was some confusion over controls, but for two player you can do two joy cons in a grip + pro controller for two player on one Switch. The weirdness only comes in with multiple Switch units.

rec0ded1

Finished my download in 40 min. That 5G Wifi.

And wow, a lot of people skipped Wii U because nobody is using any of the shortcuts. This crown is getting snug.

I had the Wii u version and never really learned the shortcuts. Learned to love those Ls instead ¯_(ツ)_/¯

69wpm

How do you change NAT types?

Using a router and setting a DMZ, Nat Type will be A (perfect). But it's restricted on mobile networks because you usually share ip addresses. That wouldn't be a problem with ipv6 but my stupid carrier doesn't have ipv6 yet so I'm out of luck.

im_dany

Spread the love for the Sonic Kart series.

Picking up my copy later today, can't wait. Skipped WiiU and barely played the 3DS one, I'm basically doing the Wii-Switch jump. Going to test it on split screen asap, but I need the second Joycon pair.

TZchassis

Just launched MK8D on handheld mode. It looks amazing. I keep forgetting the fact that switch is a handheld and get impressed whenever I buy a AAA Nintendo console game.

Top Bottom