• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Just take 2 seconds and cancel it so someone else can take it.

In the past, they've actually told me to just never pick something up when I ordered it to be picked up but wanted to cancel the order after it was waiting for me. It's something in their system where it's either impossible to cancel the order once the item is waiting for you or it's just easier for them if you never pick it up.

Huh. Well, saves me enough time. I would cancel it like EBF said, but you can't once it's ready to pickup. I'll call in a bit, maybe they'll free it up for someone or not.

13ruce

Banned
You can't do pink boost while smart steering but if you want more casual play it's nice, because you don't have to worry about messing up on turns or falling off the track.

So it's not a bad tradeoff and you can still win online.

Pyrokai

Quick question about Miis for MK8D:

I have transferred my 3DS Mii to my Switch via amiibo.

I have a whole bunch of Miis of people I know IRL (that don't have Nintendo consoles--just people I play Mario Kart with) that I'd like to transfer to my Switch from my Wii U. What's the best way to do this? I have them on my Wii U Mii Maker thing. Am I out of luck and have to recreate them? AFAIK, to transfer via amiibo, they have to be a User on Wii U or 3DS, which isn't going to fly, lol.

I like having actual people-based Miis instead of generic ones for when I play Mario Kart with others. Thanks for the help!

This game plays so well in handheld mode. Absolutely worth double-dipping for even at full price IMO.

I'm gonna play it mostly docked but just booted up in handheld mode and yeah, damn does it look good.

Put so many hours in the Wii U version but with all the extra polish it feels like a brand new experience.

phanphare

Banned
Once again I don't actually feel HD Rumble or a difference to regular rumble. *shrugs*

as weird as it sounds this is music to my ears as well. I don't like when the hd rumble is implemented in a way that supersedes everything else. it's best when it's subtle and mixes in naturally with what's happening on screen. I remember people responding to my Splatoon 2 post about hd rumble saying they couldn't feel it.

Once again I don't actually feel HD Rumble or a difference to regular rumble. *shrugs*

I really don't see how you can't. The joycons 'click' as you go through drift stages, upon release they shake a bit in the middle of the joycon and increase in intensity as it works it's way to the bottom to simulate the boost. Smacking a wall while turning will send a rumble on either side of the joycons. Smacking a wall head-on results in rumble starting a the top of the joycon and it gradually jolts its way down to simulate the force experiences when...well...smacking a wall.

as weird as it sounds this is music to my ears as well. I don't like when the hd rumble is implemented in a way that supersedes everything else. it's best when it's subtle and mixes in naturally with what's happening on screen. I remember people responding to my Splatoon 2 post about hd rumble saying they couldn't feel it.

Jumping in and out of ink (and doing the same for water in Blaster Master) feels exactly like smacking a water balloon. It doesn't even feel like rumble. I've read those comments too and always wondered what controller those people used in the past? The rumble from the Xbox 360 pad feels absolutely nothing like this.

Hallowed

Game is still beautiful and so crisp, I love playing in portable mode. Dark-skinned squid girl is my new main - sorry biker Peach!

Huh. Well, saves me enough time. I would cancel it like EBF said, but you can't once it's ready to pickup. I'll call in a bit, maybe they'll free it up for someone or not.

It's definitely worth a shot to ask if they can cancel it so someone else can get it, but they haven't been able to in the past and it doesn't seem to affect your account in any way.

I swear Amazon never offers me shit for fucking up my order or shipping. They are always just like "Sorry it happened, is there anything else I can help you with today?" I hear of people (even my roommates) all the time getting extra Prime months, $20 credits (like on here lol), or whatever... but they never do anything for me. Do yall complain and ask for compensation or you just get lucky with really nice reps?

Just played the vs-mode with a friend.
It blew our minds how good and fast that game plays in splitscreen.
Also the first time both joycons were used for separate players.

Jake2by4

I swear Amazon never offers me shit for fucking up my order or shipping. They are always just like "Sorry it happened, is there anything else I can help you with today?" I hear of people (even my roommates) all the time getting extra Prime months, $20 credits (like on here lol), or whatever... but they never do anything for me. Do yall complain and ask for compensation or you just get lucky with really nice reps?

Complain about being a prime member in the nicest way. It has always gotten me something in the past

charpunk

They have always offered at least one month of prime without me even saying anything. Last time they gave me 3 months of prime and took money off my horizon ce order.

Haven't called them about this screwup yet.

We've been getting alot more disconnects than we'd like sadly. Also it seems much harder to connect to a friend's game, keep not being able to"connect to console" and "target device cannot accept any more connections".

The games that do work are fun though. Never had a problem with our connection before.

conpfreak

They better give me a $20 credit lol. I've been on hold with them now on live chat for like 10 mins. *shrug*

Did you ask for some compensation or they just offered?

I just kept complaining about how it was a major inconvenience. Guess that worked without explicitly asking.

That means you're missing out on SNIPPERCLIPS (GOAT)

Eh

tenor.gif

DSPEED

Add me to the list of Amazon not shipping out on time. First time I've had this happen with them. Going to pick up on digital instead.

VanWinkle

Ugh, Amazon has disappointed me greatly. I ended up talking to them again since they said it would ship last night and it's now noon. They are giving me the promotional credit that will bring the digital copy to the same price I paid for the physical copy with Prime discount, but that was after me really pushing it further than I wanted to or should have had to. He was really reluctant but I tried to explain that I was supposed to get the game today and that was what was promised.

Anyway, at least I'll have the game today, and I will probably prefer having it digitally anyway, even though I'm much more of a physical copy collector.

So I've owned Super Mario Kart, and got Mario Kart 7 back in the fall with my 3DS, and usually to casually play Double Dash at the occasional middle school party.

This game is AWESOME. I love the graphics, the simply quick UI, how easy it is to get into a ranked matchmaking lobby, and how much they let you customize your races.
The amount of content, and the speed of 200cc is also great.

Can't wait to start doing pick-up games with folks. I'll start bringing my Switch with my places now.

Pretty excited for this, I didn't play much of the Wii U version at the time so this will feel like a new game to me.
I'll be picking it up from Best Buy soon, I got it for around $40 with the GCU discount plus a $10 rewards certificate.

There's a shirt I've been so tempted to buy where the shirt itself is black, has a big Blue Shell and says "last shall be first and first shall be last"

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ok.. so everyone shows up as player in this game. I have accounts for my wife and my daughter on my switch, and myself, but it doesn't use any of them. How do I get our names to show up? Couldn't you do this on Wii U? Am I missing something?

DavidDesu

Downloading as we speak! The reason I bought my Switch when it launched. As much as it's a MP focused game I do hope it plays well as a single player experience, and I love time trialling in more serious racers, hope that's something that can be enjoyed here too.

RaidenZR

I noticed last night after playing my digital copy of MK8D that the Switch just opted to store it on the SD Card. Is there any way to move the game to the Switch's hard drive? Or is this straight up impossible to manage at this point in the firmware's options?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I noticed last night after playing my digital copy of MK8D that the Switch just opted to store it on the SD Card. Is there any way to move the game to the Switch's hard drive? Or is this straight up impossible to manage at this point in the firmware's options?
impossible. The only way to force a game to save to internal storage is to remove your SD card before you download it.

That being said, I don't really have any problem with SD card on this game. Everything is fast enough. Not sure how much faster the white loading screen would be on internal storage.

Top Bottom