• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Ponn

Banned
Snagged a copy over at Best Buy. Knew from experience that I wasn't getting it @ launch from amazon unless I've preordered at least a couple weeks in advance lol.

More than that. I ordered mine on March 8th apparently with release date delivery and it finally switched to delivery next Wed this morning. This is the third release date delivery that was missed in 6 months. I'm not mad, especially since they haven't yet messed up any LE preorders for me, but I'm getting disappointed.

I'm just about to beat Persona 5 and was looking forward to this for the weekend to jump back on Switch. I may end up getting it digital, it's a game type I normally would opt for digital but hesitant to on previous Nintendo consoles. I feel safer with Switch digital purchases though so probably will, miss that 20% Prime discount though.

Lkr

Thinking about trading in Wii U smash and getting this. Not sure though I just got puyo and not sure how much time I would spend on this. Although portable mk8 online play sounds killer
I assume they shipped enough carts that I can get one without a preorder but I also kinda want to go digital. Although I guess knowing I'll probably get ~$30 for smash it reminds me that physical Nintendo games usually hold in terms of value

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Playing in portable now since I'm house sitting, but I'm gonna throw this bad boy on my OLED when I get home. can't wait to see how it looks.

Wait....it's eclipsed all-time sales of ZELDA already on Amazon? How is that possible? JFC.

In terms of sales, the Zelda series isn't even remotely in the same universe as Mario Kart. It's mostly popular among the hardcore.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe lifetime sales will likely eclipse BotW by a significant amount.

13ruce

Banned
Playing in portable now since I'm house sitting, but I'm gonna throw this bad boy on my OLED when I get home. can't wait to see how it looks.

Looks pretty good on my 4k tv not stretched at all and the sound is amazing with surround.

Should look very good on yours too.

Zedark

Oh my god this game is amazing! It's my first time properly playing a MK game, and it is simply stunning! The track design is out of this world, the mechanics are great and the characters are lovely. Having an absolute blast with it!

VanWinkle

First off, the game is so gorgeous. How am I playing this on a handheld?! Best looking handheld gave ever, bar none.

Second, WHY on EARTH would they have that Smart Steering thing turned on by default?! It made me end up losing the last race of the cup at the last second. I was trying to steer into a shortcut and it moved me away and then I got hit by a car and went off the track.

I decided that auto accelerate is amazing and I love it. Can play without joycon hurting my thumb. Lets me focus on drifting. I always hold down accelerate anyway now I don't have to.

13ruce

Banned
MK8's audio is seriously underrated.

Agreed it's fantastic, when i heard shy guy falls again it put a huge smile on my face.

For some people i MK 8 Wii U there was a problem where the music sound was lower it seems to be fixed now because i hsd the same issue. Anyway it's fantastic best MK soundstrack imo.

Is there any downside to using auto-accelerate? I've really enjoying it, but I'm not a top tier online player so I'm not sure if there's a disadvantage. I don't want to get used to it and then have to go back for some reason.

I'm not seeing any disadvantage but I'm not top tier either

Man I don't think I played the second DLC pack that much. The more I see people playing on Twitch the more I don't recognize some of these tracks.

My copy was done downloading a little bit ago and just did Mushroom cup on 200cc. Runs super smooth, and the visuals are amazing! Having so much fun already!

nubbe

It was definitely worth buying it digitally on Switch even though I own it on Wii U
Already did a 4p mobile at Work!
Joycon hype

Am I crazy or do none of the tournament codes in the OP work?

They should work

The online seems to be more stable now, i did like 6 games with a group before being disconnected. Anybody having issues ?

We started playing in the gaf room and we got no disconnects. Playing with randoms we were getting alot of disconnects and joining friends was next to impossible most of the time.

Top Bottom