• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

sleepnaught

You guys are amazing, I don't know how you do it. I feel like I'm on the receiving end of all the weapons with no chance of catching up.

Literally the only reason I stop playing is to do work/school stuff. In a world without responsibilities, Mario Kart may in fact be the only game I'd never get tired of.

Does the game still feel fresh for those of you who already played the Wii U version? This is all new to me, and In having an absolute blast.
I have like 800 hours in the Wii U version.

I'm having a blast.

aparisi2274

I find it kind of ironic that Nintendo shut down MKTV about a year ago and now the game is becoming extremely popular again...

Wonder if they will resurrect that channel...

joesmokey

Nothing like getting triple red-shelled near the finish line of a 3rd race in a cup series.

Had another amazing moment where I green shelled myself close to the finish line.

selo

Played tons today, gonna call it a day.

By the way, is there a way to get an item right away when getting a box? I remember in previous games you would just press the item button and the shuffling would stop, I hate waiting for the shuffling to stop, sometimes I need an item right away :(

aparisi2274

Geez...staying in 3rd for 2 laps, then bam, a barrage of shit tosses me back to last place...sigh

thats the one thing I wish they had adjusted for this rerelease, the barrage of hits you can take when you are in the top 3, especially in later cups where the racing can get pretty intense...

Needham

Played tons today, gonna call it a day.

By the way, is there a way to get an item right away when getting a box? I remember in previous games you would just press the item button and the shuffling would stop, I hate waiting for the shuffling to stop, sometimes I need an item right away :(
I swear you can't stop the item box early when a red shell is coming for you. Otherwise you can stop it early by pressing the item button.

M.W.

thats the one thing I wish they had adjusted for this rerelease, the barrage of hits you can take when you are in the top 3, especially in later cups where the racing can get pretty intense...

There should be a way to time dodging the shells from behind.

I went to a birthday party today for my little niece and I brought my Switch and MK8 Deluxe. I was playing it with one of my cousins and some other woman who is the mother of a child who is friends with my niece had her Switch and MK8 Deluxe and we ended up having a four player MK8 Deluxe tourney. Great fun and I ended up getting her number which was cool. I don't know if I'm up for dating a single mom but she plays games so at least we have something in common.

Btw these Joy Con grips I bought are amazing for MK8!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZ1PCKK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Raptomex

150cc, 3 stars, all gold complete. I jumped straight to it, skipping the rest. I'm glad it stacks. Now to get fucked in 200cc.

Pez

Picked this up today and had a blast.

I do hope they fix some of their online match making problems. It was impossible for a friend and I to join a normal race but having all of those tracks is awesome.

Playing this makes me really excited to eventually get Smash and Super Mario Odyssey. Nintendo is really on to something with this console.

Now let's just get a really meaty jrpg on there and I'll be set. :)

Persona 4/5 port begging begins!

Needham

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I've tried this multiple times, and the kart just honks :(

Could just be laggy races. Sometimes it lags and you can't stop the item box. If you're in first and this starts happening it will only give you coins :(

Top Bottom