• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Big Trouble in Little NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the many poor elements that add up to making this a pretty dumb show. When he first spars with Colleen at her dojo, she literally can't lay a finger on him. But then he's getting taken out by random security guards.

And then later he's taking on multiple trained Hand members like they're nothing. His strength/skill fluctuated like crazy and made no sense whatsoever

Zekes!

I finished the series tonight. My biggest gripe was with the writing. It was just all over the place, and stupid.

The ending teaser of Davos talking with Joy made no sense. Why would she want to eliminate Danny? A couple scenes prior she felt her dad owed him and was upset that he set Danny up.

Also, between this and Luke Cage, I think I dislike Claire now. Her self-righteousness was so grating. I know she's supposed to be the moral voice that keeps these characters in line with their "no killing" rules that exist in the comics, but like...c'mon it feels so outta place in these shows. She even criticizes the criminal justice system in one scene, then advocates for the leader of a very secret, and powerful, and far reaching ninja clan to be handed over to the cops a few minutes later. Like, really?

Apt101

Eleven episodes in and he's still struggling with whether not he can consistently make the fist, whether or not he is Iron Fist, whether or not anyone is his friend? Good lord the writing goes more and more to shit as the season stretches on.

This is the first Netflix show where I think the best thing they can do is drop it and forget it ever existed. Maybe even kill the character off in The Defenders and replace him with some other street-level character for Defenders s2.

I finished the series tonight. My biggest gripe was with the writing. It was just all over the place, and stupid.

The ending teaser of Davos talking with Joy made no sense. Why would she want to eliminate Danny? A couple scenes prior she felt her dad owed him and was upset that he set Danny up.

Also, between this and Luke Cage, I think I dislike Claire now. Her self-righteousness was so grating. I know she's supposed to be the moral voice that keeps these characters in line with their "no killing" rules that exist in the comics, but like...c'mon it feels so outta place in these shows. She even criticizes the criminal justice system in one scene, then advocates for the leader of a very secret, and powerful, and far reaching ninja clan to be handed over to the cops a few minutes later. Like, really?

The very best of that was "you're a billionaire, Danny. You're a flight risk. They'll never let you out. The justice system is terrible."

Yeah...does anybody have it harder than white corporate billionaires?

Dunlop

Eleven episodes in and he's still struggling with whether not he can consistently make the fist, whether or not he is Iron Fist, whether or not anyone is his friend? Good lord the writing goes more and more to shit as the season stretches on.

This is the first Netflix show where I think the best thing they can do is drop it and forget it ever existed. Maybe even kill the character off in The Defenders and replace him with some other street-level character for Defenders s2.

Defenders had already wrapped, before the horrific reviews so no chance of Danny being gone.

I've started re watching Daredevil and it really emphasises how terrible the writing and production value in Iron Fist. It's crazy

Moon Knight's time has come.

MoeDabs

The very best of that was "you're a billionaire, Danny. You're a flight risk. They'll never let you out. The justice system is terrible."

Yeah...does anybody have it harder than white corporate billionaires?

My favorite was his line about him being owed his family's inheritance. Super relatable.

giphy.gif

Yup this summed up my thoughts. I was actually thinking that just as Davos said it!

I enjoyed it but it is sad that the least interesting character in Iron Fist was the Iron Fist. The fighting was lack luster mostly and by the end people doing dumb things got annoying. If there is no season 2, I would be ok.

V_Arnold

So uhhh why is Joy suddenly against Danny and even wants to kill him?

Cause every single Marvel TV show has to have a stupid female character as well.
(To clarify: A *stupid*, not "a stupid female", before people get any ideas.... I think the strongest in this show is Colin)

farisr

Watched it, enjoyed it.

I thought the writing was fine and really enjoyed the stuff they did with Ward and Harold. The "what now" or"really" and"oh come on" looks/reactions they had at various point throughout the season (particularly Ward) were hilarious.

Only issue I'll have is if Joy at the end is actually seriously against Danny rather than just basically trying to figure out what Davos's plan is. If she has somehow turned against him, that is just plain bad writing.

The action was fine especially compared to standard Hollywood fare and compared to Jessica Jones/luke cage. Could it have been better? Yes, absolutely. But it wasn't bad.

I actually think this is the most consistent marvel season after daredevil's first one.

There just want a really really standout character/performance (to the likes of Fisk, punisher or Kilgrave), so I'd probably have to rate this as the weakest marvel season overall despite it being more consistent and not having a dropoff.

I enjoyed it somewhat. Obviously he fight scenes are mostly bad. The MVP is Ward, who is by far the most interesting character and actually has an interesting arc. He saves a lot of episodes of the show honestly.

Alucard

Banned
What a weird ending. Hand were killed but the way is closed? Joy is "listening" to Davos about wanting to remove/kill Danny? Weird.

I liked it overall. 3/5. First two episodes were super rough, especially the first, but Ward and Harold's arc kept me intrigued, Colleen's skills kept me engaged, and I felt it got better once it hit the midpoint of the season. So yeah, watchable and not terrible like so many are making it out to be. Still better than most action stuff on TV IMO. Hard for it to live up to the excellence of Daredevil.

If they do season 2, I hope Danny isn't as much of an overly emotional child who is easily manipulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom