• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of None Season 2 |OT| Aziz Ansari's Show Finally Returns (May 12th - Netflix)

Ledbetter

rbqUk7J.jpg

After traveling abroad, Dev (Aziz Ansari) returns to New York to take on challenges in his personal and family life, a new career opportunity, and a complex, developing relationship with someone very meaningful to him.

Release Date: All 10 episodes will be released on Friday, May 12th.

Official Trailer.

Reviews:

Alan Sepinwall - Uproxx
Look, I can’t pick just one installment from the new season as the best and/or most representative, because they’re all great, and because most of them are great in incredibly different ways, as if Ansari and co-creator Alan Yang were determined to prove they’d transcended the “jack of all trades, master of none” cliché that provides the show with its title.

Matt Zoller Seitz - Vulture
Maybe the best description of this series that I’ve heard comes from a friend who keeps recommending it to others: “When I describe it to you, it sounds like one of the sitcoms where you would say ‘nothing happens.’ And it kind of is. But somehow everything is important.”

Jeff Jensen - Entertainment Weekly
Framed by the opener’s themes, the second season tells a well-designed story of character-driven comedy about the demeaning lengths we’ll travel and sink for livelihood and connection. The show now leads a new wave of artful, ribald cringe-coms — Catastrophe, Love, You’re The Worst — that work blue and bluesy to survey not just modern romance but the ethics of modern living.

Cast:

aziz-ansari-master-of-none.jpg

- Aziz Ansari as Dev Shah.​

Zpon0hC.png

- Eric Wareheim as Arnold Baumheiser.​

9Pi9cen.png

- Lena Waithe as Denise.​

Z8TeITk.png

- Kelvin Yu as Brian Cheng.​

aziz-ansaris-parents-are-simply-amazing-in-master-2-14881-1447089713-0_big.jpg

- Fatima and Shoukath Ansari (Aziz's real parents) as... Dev's parents.​

About Spoilers:
Because Netflix is releasing all the episodes at once, please use spoiler tags to discuss anything related to the story. (I don't know for how long this will be, if anyone can help me with this one haha).

There you go. Enjoy.
b0839e02-a40c-4a87-868e-70d8d35b0328_text_hi.gif

Luke_Wal

I'm so unbelievably excited for this. Season One is one of my favorite seasons of TV ever - I can't wait to dive into this this weekend.

JTripper

Just learned this new season is releasing tomorrow. Absolutely loved the first season so knowing this drops tomorrow makes my weekend. Pumped.

Tankard

So freaking excited. Master of None was one of the biggest surprises of last year, these reviews got me even more hyped to watch the new season later.

Ledbetter

Wow, wait, judging from the cast list Noel Wells actually left the show? Wow.

I actually haven't found any information about her returning the show. I want to believe that there's going to be a surprise about it, but in 3 hours we're going to find out.

Basically the chemistry between Dev and Rachel is what made S1 great. But with or without Noël, it seems from the critics that this season is good too.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Hm, it's pretty much midnight, but I think I'll sleep this one off until tomorrow morning. I'll read some of you guys' impressions too.

Boogs31

2 episodes in and I'm really liking it. So far it's on par with season one. Really funny script, great chemistry between the cast, beautiful scenery, delicious looking food.

Episode 1 had a really fun homage to "The Bicycle Thief".

Really was digging the electronic soundtrack in episode 2.

Thought season one was pretty damn bland (besides Indians on TV and Parents).

Besides those two episodes, it's just another show about a late 20s/early 30s millennial.

Jake.

i loved the first season, but really hated his supporting cast of friends. none of them can act (including eric, sorry) to save their life.

edit: wearing $5k YSL jackets, head to toe BoO, etc when you're supposedly a struggling actor also bothered me a bit.

I had to sledge through the second half of season 1. The cast was just a dull blob of ho-humness with no energy and forced interactions.

Ill give season 2 a try but im not expecting something grand.

nOoblet16

I'm liking this season, it's very different from the first and each episode is its own little thing. Episode 6 was a bit random and strange and I didn't see the point of it tbh.

Also Francesca is very cute.

Damn, his italian is very very good. A bit goofy, but that's the way he is, and far better then 99% of the time someone pretends to be italian in a US movie.

SamVimes

Damn, his italian is very very good. A bit goofy, but that's the way he is, and far better then 99% of the time someone pretends to be italian in a US movie.

The script in Italian didn't sound natural at all though. Talking about the first episode, which is the only one I've watched.

Karu

Not done yet, just finished the Thanksgiving Episode, but so far this season has been crazy good. The dating app ep was ridiclious.

Auctopus

Wow, wait, judging from the cast list Noel Wells actually left the show? Wow.

The message that was trying to be communicated at the end of S1 was for Aziz to live for himself/follow his streams. That's what's Noel Wells character did so it would be sort of weird for her to just come back unless they've been filming in Tokyo as well.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Hehe I gotta admit I marked out a little at the
WWE reference
in Episode 4.

That character was great!

ep6
I liked the intention of this, in giving voice to lots of little people in NYC but it just wasn't that entertaining until the final group.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This season felt a bit like the "Woody Allen" season of Louie, particularly in the second half. I'm not sure which season I liked more... although episode 6 is pretty great.

Top Bottom