• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to introduce new Sirloin Third Pound burgers for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/mcd-sirloin-burgers/

McDonald's has announced a new line of premium burgers: the Sirloin Third Pound burgers. The burgers will be hitting McDonald's menus later this April. Like it's spiritual predecessor The Angus Third Pound burgers, the sandwiches will this time feature sirloin meat rather than Angus.

McDonald's three new burgers will be the Steakhouse, Bacon & Cheese and Lettuce & Tomato. The Steakhouse will feature sautéed mushrooms, white cheddar cheese, grilled onions and a creamy peppercorn sauce. The Bacon & Cheese boasts bacon, red onion, white cheddar, pickles, mustard and ketchup. Finally, the Lettuce & Tomato is made up of red onion, lettuce, tomato, white cheddar, mayo and mustard.

All of the burgers will sport a 1/3 pound 100% sirloin patty.
The biggest burger offering McDonald's has since they discontinued the Angus line.

Unlike the fairly expensive Angus burgers, the new line of Sirloin Third Pound burgers will cost about $5 each (prices may vary depending on the franchise). This is due to the many complaints McDonald's customers had about how pricy the Angus burgers became back in 2013.

The Sirloin Third Pounders will be at participating McDonald's locations for a limited time only.

LAavbbz.jpg

I am disappointed your tag doesn't involve something about food considering how on top of it you are at telling us about food stuff.

As for the burgers I wonder how how different these will taste compared to the Angus ones which I wasn't all that impressed with.

Like it's spiritual predecessor The Angus Third Pound burgers, the sandwiches will this time feature sirloin meat rather than Angus.
Angus is a type of cow. Sirloin is a specific part of the cow. It is possible to have it both ways.

why do people go to Mcdonalds for $5 burgers? I can get a much better fresh burger from a local joint for that price.

Fast food is all about those cheat days where you get like 8 things off the $1 menu imo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
THE KING HAS RETURNED.

No, not shitty McD's "premium" burgers but fast food threads from the best in the business.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll give it a try. The Angus Burgers were the only reason I went to McDonalds if I was feeling fast-foody.

mackattk

why do people go to Mcdonalds for $5 burgers? I can get a much better fresh burger from a local joint for that price.

Fast food is all about those cheat days where you get like 8 things off the $1 menu imo.

Yep, 2 McDoubles and thats all you need. Half the cost of these premium burgers anyway.

entremet

They really are doubling down on premium burgers, eh?

People don't go to McDonald's for premium burgers when other chains do it much better.

It's all about McDoubles if you hit up Mickey Ds for your burger fix.

Well...I wonder if this is the same meat as the Angus Burgers...if so, I wonder if they use the Angus seasoning for these as well. Since that was what really differentiated the flavor of the burgers previously.

bigkrev

I loved the Angus burgers, and basically have stopped going to McDonalds since they killed them. Will be giving these a try.

rambis

Banned

Not everybody has "local joints" and cooking can be time consuming.

Kriken

I miss the McDonald's angus burgers, I'll try out the bacon & cheese one and hope it can be a suitable replacement

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Not everybody has "local joints" and cooking can be time consuming.

I travel to a lot of small towns in Texas and virtually every single one of them has a mom and pop burger joint of some kind. I don't think a single one of them made a burger that was significantly worse than McDonald's because it's not hard to get some cheap fatty burger meat and fry it up fresh for people.

I just realized that they call one of the burgers "Lettuce and Tomato" isn't that almost implied when talking about a burger?

Starviper

McD's premium burgers are actually pretty damn good.

And what's with you people and mushrooms? Have none of you heard of Mushroom & Swiss?

Just had the steakhouse and it was fucking terrible. I was hoping for great things after the fantastic Angus mushroom swiss.

RDreamer

Mushrooms, on a burger?

puking_rainbows_gravity_falls_looped.gif

And not quite buying the, "premium steak", I wonder where they got the Stirloin beef from though.

I'm losing my mind here. Why in the world would mushrooms on a burger be gross? Unless of course you dislike mushrooms to begin with.... But, seriously, mushrooms and cow meats go together better than anything. You put mushrooms on your steak, why not a burger? It's delicious.

This was on the menu last week at a local McD and I decided why not and tried the Steak/Mushroom. It was good and filling (just got the sandwich not the meal). Maybe have another down the line...but McDonalds is usually just about grabbing a $1 coffee through the drive-thru on the way to other things.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I can usually get a giant pile of coupon books for McDonald's every other month or so, which includes multiple BOGO large sandwich coupons. They were great for when the Angus burgers were still around, but lately I usually just end up giving away most of the coupons. Maybe a Bacon Clubhouse once in a while, but the castrated menu just bores me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom