• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to introduce new Sirloin Third Pound burgers for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Remember when Carl's Jr had the Six Dollar Burger, but then they had to change the name because instead of a clever marketing gimmick, it was just an accurate description of the hamburger.

Didn't they take an axe to their menu because it was overcrowded? This will sure help.

Sill mad they got rid of Chicken Selects.

why do people go to Mcdonalds for $5 burgers? I can get a much better fresh burger from a local joint for that price.

Fast food is all about those cheat days where you get like 8 things off the $1 menu imo.

No it's about finding one that's open 24/7 and you and your drunk friends need something to eat at 2 in the morning. And only if you can't find a Whataburger.

I think people saying that customers don't know about good, local burgers places are crazy.

Customers know, they just don't care. They aren't interested in local burgers places, they just want to drive through for cheap. They have no interest in quality at all...most people.

It's one of the reasons McD's can't sell premium food; their customers have no interest in it.

Sill mad they got rid of Chicken Selects.

No it's about finding one that's open 24/7 and you and your drunk friends need something to eat at 2 in the morning. And only if you can't find a Whataburger.

yeah but when you are drunk at 2am you arn't ordering a premium burger, you ordering a bunch of cheap shit.

Malreyn

Mushrooms, on a burger?

puking_rainbows_gravity_falls_looped.gif

And not quite buying the, "premium steak", I wonder where they got the Stirloin beef from though.

What's wrong with Mushrooms on a burger?

RPGCrazied

And yet when you get it, it won't look anything like those pictures. Maybe its my Mcdonalds, but it never looks like the commercials or pictures.

TheExodu5

Banned
First off, Angus is a type of cow. Sirloin is a cut.

Second, sirloin is a terrible cut to use for burgers. Lean and tasteless.

Fox Mulder

They need to be making their menu smaller not bigger though.

Their new menu is so dumb and shows how little variety they actually have.

Other places are stomping their ass with premium limited items like at Wendy's, McDonalds definitely needs to do this too. The fucking mcrib doesn't count.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Ok people you tell me where I can go and get food in a few minutes at a local place? All fast food is pretty much terrible for you, so I'm not entirely sure why McDonalds gets so much flak.

Ok people you tell me where I can go and get food in a few minutes at a local place? All fast food is pretty much terrible for you, so I'm not entirely sure why McDonalds gets so much flak.

Grocery store or Deli, that's where I go now. I either bring my lunch with me to work (which is really the way to go) or I go to the grocery store and go to the deli section. I get a salad of a wrap they have ready or sometimes some wings.

Making your own lunch is my top recommendation. It took me a long time to move away from buying lunch every day. I had to find something I like and want to eat. I find time on the weekend of the night before to make something I can bring in portions.

Right now I'm bringing in 2oz of almonds for a day snack and some chicken and cabbage dish I threw together.

people don't believe mushrooms can be on a burger? wtf?

They sound interesting, but if the wooden paddle is the norm and not for a launch preview or press event, that's pretentious as fuck. It's Mickey D's, sit down.

ReAxion

Grocery store or Deli, that's where I go now.

With a drive-thru?

I work in a business park. The closest possible place to eat that isn't a gas station is a McDonalds. I have only 30 minutes for a lunch break. If I don't bring a lunch, my only option is fast food.

With a drive-thru?

I work in a business park. The closest possible place to eat that isn't a gas station is a McDonalds. I have only 30 minutes for a lunch break. If I don't bring a lunch, my only option is fast food.

Then bring your lunch. Either that or eat crap I guess. I'm not trying to say there is always a perfect solution. but To people saying my only option is bring lunch or eat crap at McD's, you should bring something. Hell a burger you cooked the night before would be better than McD's.

Not judging people for eating there at all. I think the post I started with said 'where else should I eat? People call McD's crap but it's all crap for fast food.' Yeah it kind of is all crap.

I'll go to subway. I don't love it but I'll get some turkey and tomatoes in wheat and I feel better than if I ate one of these burgers.

I'll try it. I liked jack in the box's sirloin burger, but their buttery burger now isn't bad too. I feel like taking a shower after eating one though.

ReAxion

Then bring your lunch. Either that or eat crap I guess. I'm not trying to say there is always a perfect solution. but To people saying my only option is bring lunch or eat crap at McD's, you should bring something. Hell a burger you cooked the night before would be better than McD's.

Not judging people for eating there at all. I think the post I started with said 'where else should I eat? People call McD's crap but it's all crap for fast food.' Yeah it kind of is all crap.

I'll go to subway. I don't love it but I'll get some turkey and tomatoes in wheat and I feel better than if I ate one of these burgers.

I clearly said "If I don't bring my lunch" and your solution is to bring my lunch. Thanks?

I clearly said "If I don't bring my lunch" and your solution is to bring my lunch. Thanks?

Np. You also said 'where else can I go?' and then said there isn't anything else near your work park you can go to.. Sounds like you already had your answer?

ReAxion

Np. You also said 'where else can I go?' and then said there isn't anything else near your work park you can go to.. Sounds like you already had your answer?

So now you know there are real world scenarios for why someone would go to McDonalds. I hope this has been an enlightening experience for you.

So now you know there are real world scenarios for why someone would go to McDonalds. I hope this has been an enlightening experience for you.

As if I didn't hedge my comments with 'I know there is no perfect solution' enough. Why is this coming at me btw? I never said there is no reason to eat there. I said they serve garbage. That's still true. I eat there sometimes...still garbage

ICPEE

I'm losing my mind here. Why in the world would mushrooms on a burger be gross? Unless of course you dislike mushrooms to begin with.... But, seriously, mushrooms and cow meats go together better than anything. You put mushrooms on your steak, why not a burger? It's delicious.
Mushrooms are fucking awesome. I always have them when I eat out with my girlfriend.
Oh and fuck McDonalds. A friend here in South Africa found maggots in her McNuggets just last week. I aint setting foot in any McD's again.

Fox Mulder

WTF?

Put sautee'd mushrooms on any burger, and it's instantly better. It's only gross if you're at Red Robin, and they give you way too many mushrooms, but in moderation, they taste amazing.

I love mushrooms, just maybe not on a mcdonalds burger. mcdonalds had cheap ass rubbery mushrooms that were often drowning in mayonnaise on their salty angus burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom