• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to introduce new Sirloin Third Pound burgers for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bms2993

Banned
Still doesn't beat the ghost jalepeneo chicken sandwich I had today. I even took a photo of it before I ate it. Looks as good as it tastes:

CCfJpx6UEAAHeR5.jpg:large

im eating my secd 1/3 pound sirloin burger right now and it's amazeballz, I'll tell ya...one thing they could do is put some real fucking cheddar on them, I cooked mine on a traeger and did mostly standard toppings, fuck red onions though...needs to be white, then lettuce, tomato, mayo and stone ground mustard, of course ketchup and then some A-1 and horseradish. Last but not least some 5 year old chedder, this one was Australian and my god it had just the right kick to it, you know...like real Cheddar does.

Wow, those look pretty small for 1/3rd pound patties. Maybe they're thinner and wider than I make mine.

The better to overcook them, I suppose.

"We took the Angus burgers, and replaced them with a different kind of meat. Also the Angus-*coughcough* I mean Sirloin Deluxe will use Swiss/White Cheddar (I can't tell the difference based on the pic) instead of American. BRILLIANT!"

way more

Still doesn't beat the ghost jalepeneo chicken sandwich I had today. I even took a photo of it before I ate it. Looks as good as it tastes:

CCfJpx6UEAAHeR5.jpg:large

Just you you know jr., we like to include receipts in "pick-up" posts to verify it's not a stock picture. Not a big deal but just for future knowledge.

pharmx

Just you you know jr., we like to include receipts in "pick-up" posts to verify it's not a stock picture. Not a big deal but just for future knowledge.

I know I'm just a lowly jr. too, but is that really a thing?

DOWN

Banned

I know I'm just a lowly jr. too, but is that really a thing?

I am not sure I understand or know about this being a serious thing or not either. Do people really go that far?

pharmx

How can we tell someone really bought something or is just shilling a company's product here or worse, pirated the product?

I mean, I understand but...if it's a stock photo, couldn't someone easily be called out on it? Sometimes when I go through drive-thrus I don't even keep the receipts. I do understand what you're saying though.

way more

I am not sure I understand or know about this being a serious thing or not either. Do people really go that far?

I was banned after being accused of using another persons picture of MGS HD Collection. I didn't photo the receipt so my protests were useless.

Log4Girlz

I really wish McDonald's had one burger that was indisputably top notch. And I mean, compared to anything at any price. It'll probably have to be small to be profitable, but would be nice.

I just can't shake the feeling that spending more at McDonald's is a good thing when they make cheap food. It's this weird line of feeling like you are paying for quality at a higher price from the 99 cents store.

It just doesn't feel right. Like everybody else, most would probably spend their money somewhere with a better reputation for the money if the burger cost that much but what if it's actually good?

Weird tbh

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Haven't been to McDonalds in years for anything other than a McFlurry, apple pie or Peppermint Hot Chocolate, all of which they do well. I felt like eating shitty, was inspired by the thread and went to get a burger and fries. (To be fair - even when I was overweight I found their food too greasy compared to other fast food places.)

Possibly the worst cost to taste ratio in the world. Large fries and the Steakhouse cost roughly $10 and the burger tasted like eating rubber. In addition to the meat having no flavor, I had to keep chewing for it break down more than I've possibly ever chewed in my life. The mushrooms were the only good part.

If you're spending that much for a burger and fries, you're better off going to Shake Shack, Five Guys or In-N-Out. I couldn't imagine that the cheap fast food joint would release a "premium" burger that tasted worse than their 99 cent option. I went in with low expectations and got something even lower.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't have faith in McDonlds to serve me a premium sandwich, so no thanks. It's always prepared poorly regardless of ingredients. Maybe if I start to hear really good things about it.

iKhayal18

We already have similar burgers in Spain, they are called "McExtreme" and they supposedly have meat that comes from Extremadura. I think it tastes like the rest of the classic burgers they have always offered... Just a different kind of lettuce and onions, but the meat, even if it is a little bigger piece, it's just the same as the rest of Mcdonalds meat. Not premium at all. They are even offering now a new one that they call "BIBO" and is designed by a Spanish chef with two Michelin stars (Dani Garcia). Again, the same, but with a different hamburger bread, a new sauce and another type of lettuce.

oferta-hamburguesa-grand-extrem-gratis-mcdonalds.jpg

home_716x398.jpeg

TheExodu5

Banned
dude a couple years ago in japan i ate a mcdonalds mushroom and truffle burger called "quarter pounder jewelry BLACK DIAMOND". it cost 1000 yen ($12) and was on sale for one day only.

was pretty good!

1.jpg

I went to Japan a few months ago and tried the Prosperity Burger. It was pretty terrible...I think it was chicken. It was smothered in some sickeningly sweet sauce.

bms2993

Banned
I was banned after being accused of using another persons picture of MGS HD Collection. I didn't photo the receipt so my protests were useless.

Wait who are you calling Jr.? Oh wait.. Yeah that month ban I had.. Right... Well in any case, that's ^ just silly. I never keep my receipts of fast food purchases. Ha ha

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
why do people go to Mcdonalds for $5 burgers? I can get a much better fresh burger from a local joint for that price.

Fast food is all about those cheat days where you get like 8 things off the $1 menu imo.

Any worthwhile local joint isn't charging you $5 for a burger. Most places range into the 7-12 range for burgers now. Any good places, anyways.

I went to Japan a few months ago and tried the Prosperity Burger. It was pretty terrible...I think it was chicken. It was smothered in some sickeningly sweet sauce.

i think prosperity burger is a malaysia/maybe china thing. maybe you had the teritama, which comes around every spring? it's a teriyaki chicken burger with egg. not my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom