• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to introduce new Sirloin Third Pound burgers for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

bBUCzKw.jpg

19 cents more for quality.

$7.99 for a burger!?

I'm in.

Oli

bBUCzKw.jpg

19 cents more for quality.

Funny, most people I know think Shake Shack is too expensive for the size of the sandwich. They are a bit smaller than your average burger, but I honestly think it's one of the better I've had. I have two spots nearby me so I have to resist going too often.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
lol

They're all over now. Haven't seen a line like that in two years, with the exception of the one near Times Square.

Dyno

I've been to that one the last time I was in New York. You know, that big line-up moves surprisingly fast. Around twenty minutes. They are very organized and it was a pleasant experience in the park.

It was also worth the modest wait. Those burgers and fries were tasty. Went down real nice with their beer. I'll go back for sure!

6955116080_14d466a509_z.jpg

Shake-Shack-Line.jpg

2009-03-14shackline.jpg

I'll eat at a airport Taco Bell Express before I wait 30 minutes for a damn burger.
It's RARELY that busy anymore. Not to mention they have a lot more locations now throughout the city and the picture you posted is when the new one popped up by Time Square and the Chrysler building. Wait time is usually 5 - 10 minutes depending on when you go to eat at the other locations spread out through the city.

BigDug13

I laugh at McDonalds' upper tier meal "deals". When your McDonalds value meal is over $7, it's time to look at other restaurants. I'll go for bacon mcdoubles or buffalo bacon ranch mcchickens though for $2 each.

Krassus

Shake Shacks in Miami are Christ like, the custards are locally designed it seems. We have one on the UM Campus that has the custard with crumbled Spanish sugar cookies (polverones) + condensed milk.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
When your McDonalds value meal is over $7, it's time to look at other restaurants.

Yep, at that price range I'd rather go to my local diner and spend a dollar or two more and get an awesome made-to-order burger with a huge basket of garlic fries. Or just head to Red Robin and grab their cheapest burger and binge on their fries.

jwk94

So I just had one of these as night. The pattie was dry and the mayo was too thick. I thought it was just my place and the time so I looked at reviews and saw they said the same thing. I then realized why I hate McDonald's burgers: their patties are always dry. Why is that?

Also, despite the dry pattie, I'm going to get another here in a few hours.

So I just had one of these as night. The pattie was dry and the mayo was too thick.

I just had the same experience.

Had a coupon so went it and tried one.

It was a waste of 750 calories.

- Pattie was dry and over-salted, IMO (you could see the seasoning on it).
- Bun was a bit too dense
- Mayo was put on this thing in absurd quantities probably to make up for the dryness of the pattie. Would have been better with more fat in the meat and less added on top.
- Cheap, school bus yellow mustard
- Mustard and mayo squirting out of this thing as I'm biting into it

I want my 750 calories back.

PreFire

Is this the limited time burger with the cringeworthy ads with that unfunny son of a bitch, Max Greenfield.

I won't eat that shit just because of those weird, dumb commercials. Fucking hipsters. Trying way too hard.

If you guys want a good burger, no-scratch that, a fantastic tasting burger.. Try one at PJ Clarkes (there's a couple here in NYC, idk about anywhere else).. It not that fast food garbage and you could throw a fried egg on top (trust me, it's delicious)

Or Peter Luger's before 3pm. They use porterhouse beef and it's soooo fucking good.

Lol at "premium beef".. From McDonald's? Ha!

mcdonalds-steakhouse-sirloin-steakhouse-burger-02.JPG

I wouldn't eat this if I was starving

Lunar15

Shake Shack burgers are just ok. I think they're a bit overpriced compared to other options in the area.

That said, all of their custard stuff is downright amazing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Who is this Max guy!? He's fucking awful and unfunny. The commercials are cringeworthy.

Who at McDonald's marketing approved this shit fest series of ads?

kess

Well, I tried one of these, it was kind of weird. Think a marginally better McDonald patty marinated in a vinegary A-1 sauce of some kind. I like mushrooms on burgers, but the burger is lacking a quality cheese to make it all come together.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Five dollars for a McDonald's burger? You can get a third-pound burger at Fuddruckers for that much.

zma1013

The mushroom sirloin burger is okay but it pales in comparison to their angus mushroom swiss burger they used to have. Damn that was a good burger.

Bacon

Who is this Max guy!? He's fucking awful and unfunny. The commercials are cringeworthy.

Who at McDonald's marketing approved this shit fest series of ads?

Yeah the new ads are really bad. It's like KFC and McDonalds are trying to top eachother in the terrible tv advertising department recently

Camwi

I eat these once in a while, mainly because I have a BOGO coupon that lasts a year. They're good, but they're nothing spectacular.

Blows my mind that this is the most creative thing they could come up with, though.

Highwind

Wish I knew of more burger joints in the UK (specifically in the North London area).

All I see these days are burger vans (which taste like cafe burgers) and McDonalds with the odd Burger King.

Don't know why anyone would bother with a "premium burger" at McDonalds of all places.

Bring back the Chocolate Donut you bastards! >:[

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah the new ads are really bad. It's like KFC and McDonalds are trying to top eachother in the terrible tv advertising department recently

I almost don't mind Darrell Hammond, tbh. They're quirky and stupid. He's portraying a character. It's supposed to be a little dumb and campy.

But Max is just...hurl inducing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom