• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

mrblonde2099

Neo Member
Looks like PS4 is out but I was able to secure one for XB1. (Would've loved it on PS4 but oh well.)

EDIT: It's back up for both systems again.

I got one. I never pre ordered anything on Amazon. Do i get charged now or when it comes out? And can i cancel it if i want? I would really like to get it from Gamestop if possible because of the random stuff they usually give out at releases. Stupid i know, but i love Metal Gear.

Palocca

Man, I've never seen Amazon cut in and out like this for a pre-order. I just went through a roller coaster of emotions in a span of minutes.

Big_Boss9293

Neo Member
I got one. I never pre ordered anything on Amazon. Do i get charged now or when it comes out? And can i cancel it if i want? I would really like to get it from Gamestop if possible because of the random stuff they usually give out at releases. Stupid i know, but i love Metal Gear.

They charge when they ship and you can cancel at any time.

Moonkeis

Amazon does not charge until it's shipped out. You can cancel anytime before it's shipped out.

LurkingFear

going to cost an arm and a leg.

AsR18d5.gif

Savitar

In case others don't check the other thread it's up for us Canadians on amazon.ca as well.

Get it while the getting is good.

Silk04

Just pre-ordered from amazon. Got a feeling that something will happen closer to release day. Hate being at work preordering. Like to preorder face to face at stores.

For those that want a game featuring "The Boss" set during the 1940s...

Why?

How much fun could that possibly be? I could be wrong, but that just sounds like a bad idea. It gives me Tomb Raider vibes for some reason.

I want MGSV:TPP to be the last game in the saga. After everything that Hideo Kojima has created for the saga thus far - it's time to end it. For anyone else like me that has been following the series since it's inception in 1987 you have to agree - it's time.

packy34

Why?

How much fun could that possibly be?

I've wondered the same thing for a long time. The Boss is an interesting character, but her own WW2 game? I don't get it. And that would come with the baggage of the Cobra Unit, which, let's be honest here, were generally terrible/uninspired bosses, aside from The Sorrow and The Fury. The Pain and The Fear were comically bad.

Woke up to see they refilled their stock or perhaps prematurely posted in the first place. Either way, a lot of happy people lol. Hopefully all the Gaffers that want one get it!

Toparaman

Banned

Why?

How much fun could that possibly be? I could be wrong, but that just sounds like a bad idea. It gives me Tomb Raider vibes for some reason.

I want MGSV:TPP to be the last game in the saga. After everything that Hideo Kojima has created for the saga thus far - it's time to end it. For anyone else like me that has been following the series since it's inception in 1987 you have to agree - it's time.

I just hope Kojima keeps his word this time and no longer works on MGS. That way people can have their silly "extended universe" games, and I can feel no obligation to play them.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I just hope Kojima keeps his word this time and no longer works on MGS. That way people can have their silly "extended universe" games, and I can feel no obligation to play them.

Yeah. This is totally going to be Kojima's last Metal Gear game. Also I've got some swamp land I'd like to sell you...

Gameboy415

It looks like the CE comes with the regular game case and a steelbook case? It's usually one or the other.

The Metal Gear Rising CE came with both cases so I'm hoping this one does too.
I'm not a huge fan of Steelbooks any more because they're too heavy for my flimsy shelves, haha.

I just got home, checked my funds to see if I could do a few more in case other Gaffers missed their chance, but it looks to be gone again. Any word from Konami on other retailers? I have a friend who's only willing to buy it at gamestop for some reason.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Looks like Konami Style is still offering PS4 Premium Package. I currently have 5 on order from different sites but more than likely cancel 3 as they are still highly available from Konami Style which means they are not so limited -_-

I will let you all know when and from where I cancel so if someone is still looking to buy one on an external site they can once I cancel mines.

Betty

Banned

Why?

I think I'd be okay if it's the last game in this current saga (though I would like a Metal Gear 1 + 2 remake but I'll live if that doesn't happen)

However, if Kojima wants to start a new storyline, with new characters set inside this universe after the event of 4 and ignoring Rising, I'd be all for it.

Whatever he chooses I'll be along for the ride.

Sushigod7

came from work and...

WTF? did i miss it?

XB1 is still there you could always get that sell the XB1 copy and buy the PS4 copy. These are probably going to get flipped by scalpers like crazy. Its a pain but cheaper than buying 2nd hand.

You missed an entire day when it was freely available.

Thats harsh man, I've worked jobs where I'm up at 5am and don't get home until 8pm. Never make a statement like that when you don't know someone's circumstance. It's also entirely possible he never saw it in the first place. Point being no point in being antagonistic.

labx

Banned
You missed an entire day when it was freely available.

Yes exactly... I have to work.

Thats harsh man, I've worked jobs where I'm up at 5am and don't get home until 8pm. Never make a statement like that when you don't know someone's circumstance. It's also entirely possible he never saw it in the first place. Point being no point in being antagonistic.

Thanks man... You really know what is to work hard... Comments like those are nonsense.

Betty

Banned
Yes exactly... I have to work.

Still, that's what happened, it was available then unavailable then available and now unavailable again.

They did seemingly get extra stock in earlier when it ran out in a couple of hours, it could happen again.

Salaadin

No worries man its not gone up at any of the other retailers yet you should be able to get it in store or online with Gamestop too.
My GameStop said they don't know when it's available but to call everyday. Probably a good idea for everyone to talk to theirs

Antagonistic? He asked what he missed, and I answered. The straightforward truth is harsh now? I'm confused.

Top Bottom