• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

buy the ps4 version ce, buy the regular pc edition and sell the ps4 disc?

But then I don't get the REX helmet for MGO :p

Uhg... I may just break down and get it... maybe i'll be well enough off come september I can just giveaway everything but the arm...

Well either that or i'll have bought a PS4 for No Mans Sky by then :p

I really wish there was a collectors edition for the PC release...

I mean you could easily flip the disc for 50-60 but like, those codes go un-used...

Maybe I should buy a PS4 :p

Honestly I really really want it on PC. However, I feel like the multiplayer community is going to be so much healthier on the PS4. So I'm going with the PS4.

tensuke

I thought it was confirmed it wouldn't support modding?

Might not be on steam workshop but you can always replace files yourself. There's plenty of modding on GZ (as limited as it is), and they're both FOX Engine so no reason I can see why it'd be different. Maybe harder, but idk.

hirokazu

AUS being oceanic are you guys getting premium editions or is that just the cost of the normal CE?

Edit: It's definitely the normal CE. Why do I still act suprised by the rediculous game prices for you guys in OZ.
Konami just decided they'd fuck us over along with the UK.

Here's the price for the CE in each region converted to AU$:
US $130
EU $140
UK $200
AU $250

It's incredibly frustrating trying to get a hold of this at a reasonable price. :/

US $130
EU $140
UK $200
AU $250

It's incredibly frustrating trying to get a hold of this at a reasonable price. :/

You guys can't have nice things can you :/
That's such an unbelievable markup. Obviously this isn't just tariffs at work, so how do they determine your pricing?

Mifec

You guys can't have nice things can you :/
That's such an unbelievable markup. Obviously this isn't just tariffs at work, so how do they determine your pricing?

Stuff like this happens in Croatia too, we get steam games at the same price as countries like Germany aka 60 euros and console games cost 110$. You'd think we'd have prices that are a bit higher than one in the Russian zone but nope.

Thankfully I'm well off so I don't have to worry but most of my friends get fucked.

BBboy20

I've wondered the same thing for a long time. The Boss is an interesting character, but her own WW2 game? I don't get it. And that would come with the baggage of the Cobra Unit, which, let's be honest here, were generally terrible/uninspired bosses, aside from The Sorrow and The Fury. The Pain and The Fear were comically bad.
Pre-4. I'd guess so going by that comment Kojima made in some interview. Post-4...I just want to move on...

There is an interesting interview of the man himself Kojima it was actually a sad read felt bad for the guy.Its on Game Informer hes basically saying the fans are so die hard (which i believe) that they keep pulling him back into the driver seat for MGS or suffer the wrath of fan boys.

I recommend all MGS fans read it.He even says his closest friend is Gilermo DelTorro the director of Pacific Rim.He said this before the announced Silent Hills colab and i swear i wouldnt shut up wishing they worked together.I do hope he can finally move on from MGS and have it given a fair chance and not be seen with spite.
...did like nobody figured the game was screaming "THE END! THE END! THE END! THE END!" when they revealed the game on the PS3 and appeared a Solid Snake that was old? Nobody still figured the game was screaming "THE END! THE END! THE END! THE END!" with all trailers and interviews? Did these die hards didn't figure out the game was screaming to them "THE END! THE END! THE END! THE END!" while they played the game themselves on that very summer? Like, you're fucking telling me that these die hards weren't exhausted after all the trails and tribulations Snake and co. went through during that title and what it accumulated to!? And Kojima fell to them anyways!?

Maybe he really should have checked out The Unofficial Site...or maybe not after the game was released...

So, the CE was not available in America until a few days ago and they were sold out on the same day?

megazone

Neo Member
I'm in the US and I would rather have an art book than a steel-book case any day...
The art book that came with the HD editions is possibly the best premium item ever. I know there eventually will be a few art books released in japan I can get, but alas...

labx

Banned
Guys, someone is offering me the CE US edition at 155 dollars... should I buy it? Do you think that is a lot o money?

wiibomb

its out already?

of course its only preorder...

I think it's hard to say, because as I'm seen now, the CE seems to be selling way too quickly.. if this goes on the same on the other retailers, then we will see a big price hike the closer we get to release...

the question is always, at how much will the price hike..

Chris R

B_QlOjbUQAErRKg.jpg

Wow, best looking PS4 yet.

labx

Banned
Uhhh....whats your region/try preordering at a store first.

of course its only preorder...

I think it's hard to say, because as I'm seen now, the CE seems to be selling way too quickly.. if this goes on the same on the other retailers, then we will see a big price hike the closer we get to release...

the question is always, at how much will the price hike..

Yes, thats my thought about it, but how much... I don't know, thats why I'm asking for some objectivity

FrankWza

He pre order it, but its willing to sell it. He pre order like 5.

I'm from Colombia. Thats the thing :(. In here, the difficulty to acquire those kinds of items is very high.

yeah I was messin around. but kinda implying to wait. he has a preorder. you can still possibly get 1 of your own from a more reliable source. maybe even here on the gaf forums. it would suck if you though you had 1 and then he ends up not being able to secure 1 himself. or someone may offer him more miney and he could tell you that he didnt receive. you still have some time.

SpecX

Still available for Xbox One on Amazon.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I pre-ordered 1 JP premium edition, 1 US collector's edition, 1 MGS V: TPP PS4 console edition
And still waiting for that WIRED × METAL GEAR SOLID V PHANTOM PAIN watch from Seiko to goes up for pre-order.
Did I miss anything? xD

Are people not interested in the X1 copy or did they make way more than the PS4 version?

Went to my local gamestop and ask if they had preorders up, they told me they didn't but they told me that if I put $25 down on the regular version as soon as the CE opens for pre-order they'll call me and switch it over the phone.

wiibomb

Went to my local gamestop and ask if they had preorders up, they told me they didn't but they told me that if I put $25 down on the regular version as soon as the CE opens for pre-order they'll call me and switch it over the phone.

that's like the best option you have now if you want the CE, I'd say you go for it..

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
I think this whole CE affair is handled very poorly. The CE edition, at least the EU/US one, don't seem a limited quantity thing at all since

The CE edition, while limited, isn't limited to just Amazon. Each retailer has their own timetables, and more CEs will be made available once retailers place them within their systems.

I suggest you keep checking retailers for available pre-order copies.

Khort

I wish there was an intermediate edition with a steelbook box and an OST or something else not taking too much space... oh well maybe retailers will do that for konami!

I'm just curious as to what is causing the hold up, I would have thought that this would have been ironed out before the announcement (but I could be wrong on how it works). Guess it's either a retailer issue or something on Konami's end.

I'm just curious as to what is causing the hold up, I would have thought that this would have been ironed out before the announcement (but I could be wrong on how it works). Guess it's either a retailer issue or something on Konami's end.

Agreed. It's confusing to me as how other countries have already started theirs, but the U.S. is a clusterfuck for getting certain companies to just start the pre-orders already. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer. :( I have my Amazon pre-order set, but I would REALLY like GameStop to start theirs so I can move it over to them.

US $130
EU $140
UK $200
AU $250

Consider yourself lucky. The AUD and NZD are pretty much the same right now but guess how much the CE costs here?

NZ$340

lol, go fuck yourselves Konami Europe. I feel like buying the game second hand in response.

leng jai

Consider yourself lucky. The AUD and NZD are pretty much the same right now but guess how much the CE costs here?

NZ$340

lol, go fuck yourselves Konami Europe. I feel like buying the game second hand in response.

That's a truly hilarious price. I guess they're going with the premise that the CE is a weak effort and that the people who really want it (collectors) are going to pay whatever the price is.

Top Bottom