• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

Portman

As far as I know from recent purchases they will put a hold on the card for the amount and then it will clear after a few days. The only except that I want to point out is when I bought my recent consoles from them they renewed the hold on the card weekly until it was shipped which made the charge post to the card.

RedStep

Does Best Buy charge you immediately? Or are they like Amazon and don't till it ships?

Need to know this too before I do it.

Best Buy's setup is a little weird - they authorize your card immediately, and used to do so periodically after (though I haven't seen this in the last 6-12 months), but don't actually charge until it ships.

If your card takes off the balance for an authorization, and if that's a concern, Amazon is safer.

How can I cancel my pre order on GS? (I'm getting it on Best Buy now) I don't see an option to cancel it.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out how to do it.

I bought one PS4 version (for me) and one Xbox One (for a friend). $171 authorized directly to the card.

Best Buy's setup is a little weird - they authorize your card immediately, and used to do so periodically after (though I haven't seen this in the last 6-12 months), but don't actually charge until it ships.

If your card takes off the balance for an authorization, and if that's a concern, Amazon is safer.

Thanks for the info. Just got it.

Fucking Best Buy. They took 20-30 minutes to send me a verification code for my account while the CE was sitting in my cart. Finally went through and went to check out, and boom, no PS4 version available for preorder.

So yeah, PS4 version is no longer available. XBO is still up.

D-Stubbs

Nice, was able to pre order an Xbox One version from Best Buy. Man I love GCU. Yeah noticed they charged me right away but with the 20% discount and I get it day one makes it all worth it. Guess I can cancel my Amazon order now.

Karamsoul

Nice, was able to pre order an Xbox One version from Best Buy. Man I love GCU. Yeah noticed they charged me right away but with the 20% discount and I get it day one makes it all worth it. Guess I can cancel my Amazon order now.

I'd wait to cancel your Amazon order. Best Buy has been known for canceling especially limited editions runs of games. They tend to over-promise on projected inventories.

kubus

DutchGAF / BelgiumGAF:

I'm on mobile and too lazy to link but the Collector's Edition (PS4/XONE) is up on Game Mania website. You have to do a pre-order instore (with deposit) though, no reservations through the website. Price is €99,99.

Edit: overcame my laziness
PS4
Xbox One

Glad I preordered w/ Amazon when I got the opportunity. Was hoping to get it from Best Buy w/ my GC discount, but didn't want to chance it. Heard so many horror stories w/ limited edition versions at Best Buy.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I really hope my GameStop pre-order doesn't get cancelled. I got it in after it went OOS and then became available again. Wish I could've gotten it from Amazon, or BB with GCU, but I'm grateful to have a pre-order nonetheless.

Heartfyre

Gamestop Ireland finally put the Collector's Edition up for pre-order...for a not-so-sweet €139.99.

It may not be significantly off GAME's exorbitance, but it remains high above the €99.99 featured on the continental Amazons and, y'know, the press release.

Just for the sake of comparison, that comes to the equivalent of $92.27, admittedly without sales tax, which'd probably knock it up around the continental European price. Regardless, I'm sitting here puzzled trying to figure out why two island nations off the coast of the continent somehow have to pay €40 more than the rest of the world.

Has anyone been able to order the LE through Konami Style with a US credit card? I keep getting a message that authentication is failing but I know I'm entering my info correctly. Haven't had this issue before, been ordering stuff from Japan for ages using services like Tenso, though this is my first Konami Style attempt.

EDIT: Looks like they don't accept US cards: https://twitter.com/junkerhqnet/status/573290139763531777 . He used FromJapan successfully, but their form fails when I try to place my order; sent them an email. We'll see. This is the second round of pre-orders, I missed the first one because I was dragging my heels. Won't make the same mistake twice!

Top Bottom