• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish this game unraveled a bit quicker. Chapter 10, probably like 18 hours in, still no available buddies besides horse, still nowhere near being able to develop a non-lethal sniper rifle, only one story cut scene, and already main missions are taking place in the same outposts.

jett

D-Member
BTW, are the Raiden costumes actually in the game or do they unlock way late in the game? Read you got em with your GZ save.

Vex_

Banned
K97OQ2n.png
T6FjSvj.png

They both volunteered at the same time. <.<

FtHTiny

How do you do fob infiltration? I want to try some online but don't know where it is. I'm on mission 13.

You have to advance in the story. I think mission 23 is the tutorial and then it´s unlocked.

It´s a nice idea for a multiplayer but the invading player seems way to good against the npc´s. I haven´t failed an infiltration where no one came to defend and i have lost every invasion that i didn´t see.

eso76

mission 10 stuff

where is malak? i interrogated a bunch of dudes and they never told me where he is.. I extracted two other prisoners but apparently those aren't him

I don't have troubles locating
him, he's on the Jeep that's just about to leave in front of the ruins. But I have absolutely no idea where the other prisoners are being held and they keep being killed as I look for them

SJRB

Gold Member
I almost feel bad for the guy with me having all those materials

No fucking way, you can steal 10,000 fuel??

High level strats:

- steal a fuckton of resources
- spend them all on expanding your Mother Base
- the dude you stole from has nothing to steal back
- profit!

Why would a person named Revolver Ocelot need another nickname? And that nickname would be a hard to pronounce word that is a portmanteau of two other words that require knowledge of their meaning to truly understand the new nickname? Cripes.

I understand there are some optionnal missions related to Quiet and that you have to do something to unlock them. I am currently at mission 20, can someone tell me how to do it without spoiling too much ? Thanks

ezekial45

Banned
I got a few questions;

1. Has anyone been able to try out the FOB content? I keep getting disconnected from the online mode after about half an hour. I haven't had any of the characters mention it at all.

2. Is it possible to visit Ocelot, Huey, or Miller while on Mother Base? I went to the infirmary and met that special character, and I was wondering if there was anything like that on the other sections of MB.

3. I cleared through a few missions in Africa, and I just remembered there were
Child Soldiers in the first mission.
I went around them when I did the mission, but I realize now that fultoning them would give me a bonus. Should I go back and do the mission? I'm wondering if any special cutscenes or events happen if I do so. I recall seeing a scene with one of them during one of the trailers..

4. Is there a specific thing to do to build the bond level for buddy characters? I assumed that the main missions were the big bonuses, but I realize that doing anything seems to boost it. It mostly time based or just being active. Not looking for a way to cheese it, but just curious how it works exactly.

FtHTiny

High level strats:

- profit!

It´s unprocessed material only. So you would have to defend it for as long as it takes to process it and i know right now that when i go to sleep nothing will be left after i come home tomorrow from work. I stole over 30k on every ressource...

SJRB

Gold Member
You have to advance in the story. I think mission 23 is the tutorial and then it´s unlocked.

It´s a nice idea for a multiplayer but the invading player seems way to good against the npc´s. I haven´t failed an infiltration where no one came to defend and i have lost every invasion that i didn´t see.

Can't you beef up security? I tried infiltrating my own [just a command center, no expansions] twice for the tutorial after jacking security to max and I got owned both times.

This was before I recovered security blueprints like
drones and the gun-camera

Facism

High level strats:

- profit!

it's all raw materials, so you have to wait for the game to f2p them into usable resources.

Gloam

Question about Quiet.

I've seen the video where
she shoots the helicopter blades
but cannot deploy her as a buddy, what gives?

Toparaman

Banned
Does anyone know if "Saving..." always saves your current location? Because sometimes it will save because something arrived at MB, but I'm not sure if it's saving your current location on the map as well.

Anyone know where to find the cassette tape in mission 30?
It's one of the objectives but I just can't find it. Searched all the buildings but I'm guessing it's just lying about, not in a radio like the others?
Is it anything good?

It's near the elevator you get on with Skull Face. Obviously you need to get it before meeting him.
It's an awesome tape, too.
HEAVENS DIVIDE!

FtHTiny

Can't you beef up security? I tried infiltrating my own [just a command center, no expansions] twice for the tutorial after jacking security to max and I got owned both times.

This was before I recovered security blueprints like
drones and the gun-camera

I never go for the command center, the ressorces are mostly on the development platform but even with high level defense i had no problem with a tranq pistol and tranq sniper.

Leunam

I got a few questions;

1. Has anyone been able to try out the FOB content? I keep getting disconnected from the online mode after about half an hour. I haven't had any of the characters mention it at all.

I love it.

Infiltration is a challenge because you start from the bottom of one of the platforms and work your way up, which can make tagging enemies difficult. Not only that, but you also have the person you're infiltrating show up personally to end your shenanigans. I had one guy come at me three times in the same session only for him to be taken out and killed every time. I think the last go around he just let me escape. But not before I extracted one of his weapon emplacements.

It was super tense and exciting and now I'm terrified of being invaded myself, even though I've already fought off one guy who got pinned down by my security team.

Side note, you start out with very little ammo.

Ardenyal

I had a really disappointing moment. I was finishing off a side-op, about to tranq a guard in first person. The shot was clear, aim at the head and at a close range but the rounds seem to have hit an invisible wall or an overly large hit box on the wall I was near. I take 1 shot and see that the round didn't hit so I take a tiny side step and the next shot doesn't hit. I'm not able to hit him until soldier himself takes a step to the side.

I recorded it and made a clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QCmwaf974&feature=youtu.be

What the hell?

He had his hand up by his head, seems like you hit the hand.

XaosWolf

Just got done with Mission 31:
Sahelanthropus was a complete pushover. Lost once due to driving out of the tiny mission area. But 2nd time; S Rank go go go.

And shortly after that:
CHAPTER 2!??
Completely forgot about there even being Chapters! D=

Magwik

Banned
So finally got
Quiet
as a buddy
First mission in and
she's not really following me at all, is this normal?

I'm at around 68% and finished all the story missions. I feel so
robbed of an ending. It's sad to think that with Kojima gone I will never get to see the loose ends tied.

Thanks, now I know what to expect. I fixed it for everyone else who don't want pseudo spoilers.

ezekial45

Banned
So finally got
Quiet
as a buddy
First mission in and
she's not really following me at all, is this normal?

She stays at a distance. She goes for high ground and monitors the situation. But yeah, sometimes she won't move at all. If you get spotted and end up in battle, she'll come to the rescue and pick off enemies.

Apathy

I've done 57 side op's, in mission 14, all my mother base platforms are 3/4 avid I still can't get online (ps4).always gives me the 10003 no matter when I try. So odd.

KingBroly

Banned
You know, for an open world game, there sure a lot of 'you can't go here' areas. There are so many mountains that you simply can't get around. I keep looking for cracks to climb, but there aren't any. It's so dumb.

pringles

I don't have troubles locating
him, he's on the Jeep that's just about to leave in front of the ruins. But I have absolutely no idea where the other prisoners are being held and they keep being killed as I look for them
Use D-dog and/or interrogate guards.

Ruff

Did anyones PC drop to like 1 FPS when the
rail gun on Battle Gear was on during the cutscene like it did mine?
(Late game spoiler)

Caode

Shit, I think I'm playing this game too slow or doing to many side missions. I'm still on mission 10 with about 20 hours. Having great time though but may speed things and not try to be perfectionist.

As long as you're having a great time with it, there's no rush,I just hit the 60 hour mark and I'm only on mission 19. I'm having a blast with it, doing side ops, roaming around exploring, recruiting cannon fodder, building and expanding mother base (700 strong now, with another 214 in the waiting room).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I went to the FOB base screen to see what they cost and stuff, with no plans to mess with it yet, and somehow got locked into the menus unable to do anything until I bought a FOB. I even tried closing the game and coming back, no dice, have to buy a FOB.

So I bought the FOB. Now a bit later it's forcing me to do rival tutorial mission or something. FORCING me. I can't just not do it now or wait until later or whatever. It's forcing me to do some shit I don't have any interest in doing.

REALLY angry at this game now. I don't like being fucked with.
Yeah, you're forced to do the FOB stuff unless you somehow trick the game by going offline when the tutorial should happen. It's kind of annoying, actually.

So it seems like your FOB can be invaded by rivals even while you aren't playing / are in offline mode?

I signed on today and was informed my FOB was raided at a time that I wasn't even playing. Made off with lots of resources and staff, had security settings as high as I could get them.

Would have thought you would only show up on the server browser for other players to see while you actually have a chance to defend yourself.
What the hell? I always turn off my Internet connection before launching the game. So, can they still invade and take my stuff? I would never know since I never logon to get the message I've been invaded. This sucks.
Yeah, the game will sync up when you go online, so there's really nothing you can do there. I think my fear is that when you finish the game and leave the game for a month or whatever, you'll come back and find that everything has been stolen. lol

This is why KojiPro needs to explain it. People are not sure if it's the ENTIRE staff of Mother Base that defends invasions or the Security (which the tutorial hints at?) Team. Either way, it doesn't solve that a lot of people don't want this headache and would rather turn it off.

I love how they were like "oh yeah it's optional" but if you login online after mission 22 for the daily bonuses on Konami's servers, you're FORCED to make a base and do the tutorials explaining the mode. It's so stupid.
I saw someone that said they lost an interpreter from an invasion, so unless they were lying, it seems like it just draws from the pool of whatever platform they happen to be attacking. I wish there was a way to just opt out of FOBs entirely... really don't want to be in the middle of a long mission only have to abort it because of the FOB stuff. And going offline only means you're giving away your staff/resources since the AI is pretty bad apparently.

Viexi

Banned
I'm just entering the 40's here now and I'm a bit concerned about the story of the game.

The last few episodes of
chapter 1
were really gearing up to some sort of
heavy hitting conclusion that never seems to really happen
and now I'm getting these
subsistence, extreme and total Stealth
missions and I'm just wondering...
Where exactly does most of the Elegia trailer come in?

I feel like after 80 hours, I've
missed a quarter of the game
. Please tell me that things... Change.

TsuWave

sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between deploying during the day or the night?

i know that at night visibility is lower therefore you're harder to get spotted so i don't see the benefits of deploying during the day? i keep going at night. I thought it would be something like during the day its easier to spot you but to balance that security is a bit more relaxed (less guards around etc) but that doesn't seem to be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom