• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

Menitta

I have a PC, so Microsoft's new policies help me out greatly if it's any good. Not my first choice, though.

I would go for PC, but I tried running KI on my PC and, I don't use this word often, but it was unplayable. I don't expect much from Recore or Scalebound.

Teknoman

Great OT.

I actually think the game looks alright, but I didn't back it and only have loosely followed it over the years, it looks janky, but charming enough to me.

The soundtrack is cool and the game actually plays well. Just doesnt look as good as it could have with the money supplied.

Their live stream is proving interesting so far. Talking about how the underestimated the amount of work it would take to develop the content to satisfy all the stretch goals. Considered cutting content. Seems like they are being pretty candid at times.

Adnor

Banned
So... my Ray DLC key gave me the Retro Hero DLC, and the Retro Hero DLC key wouldn't activate because, well... I already have the RH DLC activated.

NeOak

Here's hoping stuff starts working at midnight PST. I hope I don't have to wait a week for them to generate new PSN codes that work.
Ayyyyy

Sorry, you'll have to wait until the store is updated during the afternoon.

You know, like it is always for games that don't have special preorder pages already.

Guys, Keiji Inafune is on the stream right now
Twitch chat riot with virtual tomatoes

Giolon

Inticreates CEO just admitted that they bit off more than they could chew w/ stretch goals, getting caught up in the excitement of the crowdfunding campaign and wanting to please players and backers while still thinking they were able to correctly estimate the size of features, and if they could start over and do 1 thing differently they'd release multiplayer separate (Ben Judd chimed in at this point and said that having experience with lots of publishers, he's never met one that was happy w/ the idea of letting developers release single and multiplayer separately).

Crocodile

Inafune IN DA HOUSE :p

As an aside, they mentioned they wished they could have released the online content later but it seems that Deep Silver blocked them from doing that (at least that's what is implied)? But I guess Deep Silver saw how dumb that was so that's why Bloodstained is being handled differently?

I got my codes. I was meant to get codes for the Ray DLC and the Retro Hero DLC.

...the code they sent under the Ray DLC link is the Retro Hero DLC. They sent me the same DLC TWICE

So... my Ray DLC key gave me the Retro Hero DLC, and the Retro Hero DLC key wouldn't activate because, well... I already have the RH DLC activated.

I have the same problem

THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

Cave didn't know that the Death Label boss rush mode they added to DoDonPachi DaiOuJou could actually be completed until someone pulled it off 7 years post-release.

There was also a true last boss in Dangun Feveron. As long as the player doesn't use a bomb, they're invincible during the fight.

Nobody at Cave knew about the bug, because the development team had never reached that boss.

Zomba13

I got my codes. I was meant to get codes for the Ray DLC and the Retro Hero DLC.

...the code they sent under the Ray DLC link is the Retro Hero DLC. They sent me the same DLC TWICE

Looks like they've done this for everybody who wanted the Steam version. The DRM free version should also be on your humble account now and that has the correct DLC and everything so if you want to play it now (instead of waiting for Steam to release the game) you can do that and have the correct DLC.

That's the joke

ZPXIw.jpg

dity

I have slight dilemma here.

Ok, so I did originally back this game yonks ago. However, I got a refund on my pledge before December 30th 2013 (the cutoff date, they claimed) via Amazon Payments. I then told them on the forum that I pulled my pledge and they banned my account (lol).

So... I just received an email telling me that my Mighty No. 9 backer Steam key is ready on Humble Bundle. The hell? The fuck? How does this happen? What do I do? They just handed me a free key.

drac96

So far this thread has taught me two things.

1. Mighty No. 9 is just as bad as it seemed

2. A majority of people don't know that PSN download codes don't work until the store updates with the game in question.

The email even says the code won't work until the store updates. People are in such hurry to play this masterpiece that they passed it right over.

Teknoman

I have slight dilemma here.

Ok, so I did originally back this game yonks ago. However, I got a refund on my pledge before December 30th 2013 (the cutoff date, they claimed) via Amazon Payments. I then told them on the forum that I pulled my pledge and they banned my account (lol).

So... I just received an email telling me that my Mighty No. 9 backer Steam key is ready on Humble Bundle. The hell? The fuck? How does this happen? What do I do? They just handed me a free key.

So...how is this a dilemma?

So far this thread has taught me two things.

1. Mighty No. 9 is just as bad as it seemed.

How's that?

I've just seen people talking about getting the digital codes, and one comment about how the soundtrack is cool?

SalvaPot

This thread title. Saw it on the Review thread and I knew it was the one.

If one good thing came out of this game, is this for sure. And the salt. The glorious salt.

killatopak

Will buy. I need my megaman fix in whatever form it may be. I will play the bad ones so I can better appreciate the good ones.

Giolon

Inafune just said they underestimated everything and made the mistake of trying to develop all versions at the same time instead of making a base version and porting to the others later. 10 versions is more than even Capcom's ever done at once.

Crocodile

How they fucked up (per Inafune):
-10x Skus worked on all at the same time was dumb in hindsight (Underestimated workload)
-Only 60% of $4 million went into the actual budget

Inafune just said they underestimated everything and made the mistake of trying to develop all versions at the same time instead of making a base version and porting to the others later. 10 versions is more than even Capcom's ever done at once.

what the fuck

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing that will get me to respect them is if they acknowledge the lack of transparency with its backers. The tone deaf trailer isn't on them, that's on someone else isn't it? So that's my biggest hangup right now.

Teknoman

They should've just used WiiU as a base, made sure the PC/Xbone/PS4 versions were just prettier look versions of the WiiU base, and then think about whether or not 3DS and Vita versions would be financially feasible.

It makes me feel weird. Like, if I activate the key am I stealing, or is it just all good?

honestly just take it. you did everything right when you got your refund and if they still sent you a code it's on them

if you don't redeem it give it away. it's not like they will reuse the code if it's not redeemed

Top Bottom