• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't Big Rigs or anything. I feel you're going to be disappointed if you buy it to see how "awful" it is. So far it just seems to be a really average game.

I know. Being facetious more or less.

I have to ask, do the other Mega Man games require you to dash into EVERY enemy? That just seems...like a strange design choice.

Crocodile

RIP Kickstarting Video Games after this.....like why would anybody ever back a game after this?

Because there are a bunch of really good games that have come out or that are in the works that wouldn't have existed without Kickstarter. MN9 the game may be meh but if the Kickstarter had failed, Bloodstained and Shenmue 3 probably wouldn't exist.

So uhm, this twitch stream where you are watching them play the game just as it launched. Then the stream is delayed and then basically them trying to excuse all the game's development hell and shortcomings and saying the reviews are too harsh.

Edit: THE NEOGAFS

REPRESENT!

FOUR MILLION DOLLAS!!!

What do you want them to do? Commit seppuku live on stream? :p

vareon

Does anyone here backed the game but hate it enough now they have a spare Steam key?

Just.... You know, checking lol.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You know, I honestly never could have imagined when I backed the game almost 3 years ago that when it came out, I wouldn't even be excited to play it.

I mean, I still want to believe this is a good game -- the gameplay looks like something I'd like. But everything around it has just been such a buzzkill.

Maybe this weekend.

Compsiox

Banned
dAmq8jE.png

PNG Template for everyone!

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Because there are a bunch of really good games that have come out or that are in the works that wouldn't have existed without Kickstarter. MN9 the game may be meh but if the Kickstarter had failed, Bloodstained and Shenmue 3 probably wouldn't exist.

I expected them to talk about the actual development experience or vaguely elude to it, that sort of thing, rather than directly acknowledge the bad impressions on stream.

NeOak

Inafune just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MN9 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Inafune's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Inafune has alienated an entire market with this move.

Inafune, publicly apologize and cancel MN9 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Ranmo

Honestly from what the stream is outputting. The sound design sounds like the strongest part of this game. Kind of excited for that actually.

We'll see once I'm playing it though.

With the games overall quality that's not much, but it sounds good, probably just nostalgia though. Very arcade like sounds.

Eusis

RIP Kickstarting Video Games after this.....like why would anybody ever back a game after this?
Maybe because many of us Kickstarted other games and were rewarded for it? Or inversely had worse happen (so Godus isn't ever going to be "complete" huh?) It's as much doomed as pre-ordering is, and look at where that is.

RIP Keiji Inafune on Kickstarter though!

Ibuki

Banned
Everyone is going to keep asking, but PSN codes won't work until your region's store updates.

It's in Sony's hands, not the devs.

Inafune just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MN9 for any system, nor will they purchase any of Inafune's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Inafune has alienated an entire market with this move.

Inafune, publicly apologize and cancel MN9 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This never gets old. Thanks for the laugh!

Crocodile

...did he? I could hardly hear the other guy speak? Did he even address them?

I feel like he's about to but they've kind of been talking about other stuff. They seem keen on eventually getting to it though. To be frank, they didn't have to do this stream. They could have hid in a bunker with their tails between their legs. Answering questions now is too late but better too late than never. If we had more of these streams with a look at development over time (just better communication in general) I think things would have gone better.

So the EU Wii U codes have been delayed? I only have the DLC code. Ugh

Yes, Wii U Europe and Australia versions have been delayed.

Coming Soon:

Nintendo 3DS (All regions)

Coming VERY Soon:
Nintendo Wii U (Australia & Europe)
Xbox 360
Mighty No 9 Soundtrack

Digital rewards such as the Mighty No. 9 Art Book will be available on your original backer page.

To access this, simply navigate to the Humble Order Re-sender and enter the email you backed the campaign with.

https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

At this time the Vita version of Mighty No 9 is still in development. However, your product key for Mighty No. 9 will unlock the game on your Playstation account. The code is cross-buy compatible so backers who chose PS Vita will be able to play the game on PS3 and PS4 while they await the release of the PS Vita version of the game.

If you have any questions or concerns not addressed in the FAQ (link above), please email Comcept at mightyno9@comcept.jp for additional assistance.

Sadly I kinda wanna play this.

However, I know I'll regret the purchase.

At least I didn't back it. I feel horrible for those that did, honestly. I was close to donating myself but I was too nervous to pull the trigger.

JD_Lars

Here's hoping stuff starts working at midnight PST. I hope I don't have to wait a week for them to generate new PSN codes that work.

Top Bottom