• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

If the Brewers could get some slightly better pitching, I think they'd actually be a pretty dangerous team. It's gonna be tough staying above .500 if you have to score 8 runs a game in order to win. But man, yesterday during that big rally against the Mets you could just tell that the Brewers dugout was confident. They have a little bit of that "they're begging to believe" swag.

Matheny actually makes sense when he talks about the slide rule

“As a manager I need to keep my guys on the field,” he explained Sunday in the dugout. “You’re not going to soften (baseball). The true toughness of the game is playing every single day. That’s what separates us from every other sport. It’s not the collisions. It’s not the impact at second base. That’s not what the challenge is. Our challenge is to get back out there every single day. There is enough of a grind that no other sport has had to deal with. For us to put guys intentionally in a situation where they can get hurt just doesn’t make sense.”

It's a rarity, but I guess anything can happen!

I hope the Mets promote Rosario soon so I least have something to look forward to besides watching Conforto.

Speaking of Conforto, will anyone be surprised when Cespedes comes back that Conforto's playing time will be reduced in some fashion?

It's amazing how the Mets supposed vaunted pitching has turned into one of the biggest farces for different reasons in baseball.

In the offseason they could/should be looking for a new C, 1B, 2B, 3B, and maybe CF as well to go along with constructing an entirely new bullpen. I'm sure they'll get all that done, no problem.

RBH

Trea Turner is a solid young shortstop with great upside for the Washington Nationals. He's just 23 years old, he's batting. 255 and he has a pretty sweet bobblehead.

Sunday was Turner's bobblehead night at Nationals Park where the first 25,000 fans in attendance for Game 2 of the doubleheader would receive one of those sweet, sliding bobbleheads. The process to obtain that bobblehead, though, led to total mayhem at the stadium.

Seriously, look at these lines.

C3DpKPqW8AAH9Ca.jpg:small

C_0iP29XcAYgJLc.jpg:small

C_0dlPbXoAAChx-.jpg:small

C_0gE9sWsAEGBab.jpg:small
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/lin...parks-trea-turner-bobblehead-night-photos-mlb

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
odd that they would only use the center field gate. i went to a harper bobble head day last year (scherzer 20k game) and you could go to any gate and get the bobble head.

opening day this year they gave you the free giveaway on the way out of the park (CF gate) with no real organization. That was a mess as well. At least i can understand that, it made the crowds managable on the metro.

edit: wait, i see that the line from the 1B gate. so i guess people just got there really early.

Parch

Was the Jays sweep of Seattle really breaking out of the slump? Or just Mariner suckage?
They should be getting back some injuries soon so perhaps the Jays horrible start is history and not the seasonal trend.

Lexxism

Was the Jays sweep of Seattle really breaking out of the slump? Or just Mariner suckage?
They should be getting back some injuries soon so perhaps the Jays horrible start is history and not the seasonal trend.
They are currently with 3 straight series win. It could be breaking out of slump or its just that Mariners is bad. I hope it's the former.

I was really surprised to see he has a wife. I guess she's content knowing he definitely cheats on her. You don't just go from having sex with different women every day to monogomy overnight lol

Well, the joke was "****ing your bed."

But, yes, I wonder if he still asks his wife for her hopes and dreams.

5 hits and 0 runs. Classic Marlins!

ESPN broadcast is beyond garbage, it's like they forgot they were supposed to be calling a game.

Edit: There you go Yelly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom