• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I can stomach him managing the Cards after this season. He's long overstayed his welcome in my eyes. Surely, there are better alternatives?

Imagine if they would have hired Terry Francona after 2011

I'd bet we have at least one more ring

(Though, Rosenthal was unavailable last night and the bullpen without him is pretty meh.)

I woke up this morning, and Jered Weaver was still a Padre. Why.

Do you guys realize just how bad Weaver's been? I mean, he's been a funny haha joke for a while. But do you truly recognize the scale of his awfulness?

0-5, 7.44 ERA, 7.99 FIP, 42 IP, 51 H, 35 ER, 16 HR.

MLB ERA losers (minimum 40 innings)
1. Jered Weaver 7.44 (and rising)
2. Kevin Gausman 7.19
3. Bartolo 6.80

👀

3N16MA

Banned
Chris Sale

5 starts that were losses or no decisions:

5 GS 1.43 ERA 11.95 K/9 0.72 BB/9 0.24 HR/9

4 starts that were wins:

4 GS 3.21 ERA 14.46 K/9 2.25 BB/9 0.96 HR/9

RBH

Alex Wood with another gem.

*Waves Hello at RBH!!*
1448.gif

Disappointing that the Cards didn't go all out. It's not like we are adding young talent from anywhere else this year.

(unless we sell at the deadline)

I've been a big advocate of trading both Lynn and Oh since we could likely contend without them, but both have been pretty bad this year so their value is probably not high enough to sell (especially since Lynn will get a QO anyway)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i guess the wind can help pitchers at suntrust park. wind blowing in from left field today, has held up two balls that would have been out yesterday. First time i have seen suntrust park actually helping pitchers.

Oakland's ballpark / fans (not all, I'm sure - but the ones who make themselves obvious, at least) are awful.

At least the Indians have a racist reason to have drums at the game.
For Oakland, there's no reason at all.
And there's never any reason at all to have airhorns at a Baseball game.

The whole environment always feels like people intended to go to a Football game, mistakenly ended up at a Baseball game instead, and just went ahead with their plans anyway.

i guess the wind can help pitchers at suntrust park. wind blowing in from left field today, has held up two balls that would have been out yesterday. First time i have seen suntrust park actually helping pitchers.

This park has been a lot weirder to predict thus far, that's for sure. I expected it to be more of a hitter's park due to Freddie Freeman, but I wasn't expecting this.

I woke up this morning, and Jered Weaver was still a Padre. Why.

Do you guys realize just how bad Weaver's been? I mean, he's been a funny haha joke for a while. But do you truly recognize the scale of his awfulness?

0-5, 7.44 ERA, 7.99 FIP, 42 IP, 51 H, 35 ER, 16 HR.

MLB ERA losers (minimum 40 innings)
1. Jered Weaver 7.44 (and rising)
2. Kevin Gausman 7.19
3. Bartolo 6.80

👀
Welcome to something I call 'The Ubladough Jimenez Sweepstakes'!
Where everyone loses!

SRTtoZ

Incoming trip to DL for Tanaka, he has been pure trash the last two outing.

He's not even coming close is the issue. He can't paint corners, his splitter isnt splitting at all or its splitting 10 feet before home plate which won't fool anyone. Either he's hurt or something is way off that the coaches aren't noticing.

Braves say Matt Adams is on the way to ATL and should be there in time for Sunday's game. They are keeping James Loney in AAA for depth.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i would have rather played the combination of peterson, ruiz and garcia at 1B/3B than trade for Adams. meh.

if Yepez can stick at 3B, then the cardinals have something. At 1B, eh.

Bench should be good next year though, Adams signed till 2018.

i would have rather played the combination of peterson, ruiz and garcia at 1B/3B than trade for Adams. meh.

Someone mentioned that it'll give the Braves more bench depth when Freeman comes back. I can kind of see that viewpoint. I would have still tried Adonis at 1B and split Jace and Ruiz at 3B for a week or two.

Welcome to something I call 'The Ubladough Jimenez Sweepstakes'!
Where everyone loses!

He has an 8 FIP!

He's not even entertaining like Bartolo. He's just this scowly guy with a mid 2000s haircut and a terrible repertoire.

I get the Padres are cheap and are paying the guy $3m but come on!

At least Ubaldo can show signs once in a while, Jered is a corpse out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom