• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

The Cubs have been one of the great draws at visiting parks for decades. Even when they were the worst team in the league. Hard to call them bandwagoners.

Dodger fans... now there are your bandwagon fans. Pink hat Sox fans too. But not Cub fans. Cmon now.

I would argue that even if you have been a fan of the cubs for decades if you can't actually name more than their Ace and their best hitter you are still qualified as a bandwagon fan....
of which... all cubs fans I know would be.

heck one of the cubs fans I talked to last year still thought Kerry Wood was their ace starter.

Well, the Cubs are back to being the Cubs so we can all go back to hating the Yankees anyways pretty soon.

In other news, Barves getting no hit through 3 by someone who pitches for the Padres.

zulux21

Well, the Cubs are back to being the Cubs so we can all go back to hating the Yankees anyways pretty soon.

In other news, Barves getting no hit through 3 by someone who pitches for the Padres.

I will continue to hope that the red sox, yankees, and cubs lose every game they play until they are statistically eliminated from the playoffs like every season.

also decided to buy the mlb.tv deal since being able to stream on my phone from time to time could be useful and I couldn't do that on tmobile.

I would argue that even if you have been a fan of the cubs for decades if you can't actually name more than their Ace and their best hitter you are still qualified as a bandwagon fan....
of which... all cubs fans I know would be.

heck one of the cubs fans I talked to last year still thought Kerry Wood was their ace starter.

great anecdote

zulux21

great anecdote

in the guy's defense after I had a WTF did you just say reaction, it was actually a rather sweet story about how he used to watch the cubs games with his father, but after he moved away from home he no longer watches many games so while he actively calls himself a baseball/cubs fan he does little more than check the standings to see where they are so when he talks to his dad they can casually talk about that... but still :p

SRTtoZ

Damn Fowler thats bad :/

I knew he would get hurt when he went full speed that close to the stands. Its just a foul ball man let it go :(

Malo

Banned
You have got to be kidding me with these injuries. Fowler was just called up, runs full speed into the wall and now can't put any weight on his knee/leg. This doesn't look good. Kid didn't even get to have his first at bat.

Beckx

It's been 10-15° hotter this year in L.A. than normally it is. Dodger Stadium not a pitchers park anymore

That and a smoother, smaller ball with a lower drag coefficient will create a lot of homers.

SoCal weather seems like it's been hell this summer though. I spent several weeks in LA last summer and it was nothing like what people are talking about this year. I was lucky enough to be in Venice area so I guess that's a lot less hot?

zulux21

huh. so jose abreu has 13 home runs on the season (he had a bad april :p)
of those... 0 have been hit at home.

that is just odd.

wonder if he can get to 20 home runs this season without hitting one at home. (if he keeps the pace he has had in

Malo

Banned
Bryan Hoch

Dustin Fowler has an open rupture of right patella tendon in right knee. Will have surgery tonight at Rush U Med Center in Chicago.

Heartbreaking.

zulux21

Judge unloads another one....
or not.

white sox announcers thought he hit one.
it was a good 5-10 seconds before it became clear he didn't lol.

zulux21

Judge, judged not worthy to win the game for the yankees.

sox yankees split the series 2-2.
I'll take it as the worst team in the AL lol.

Caja 117

Ugh Im just catching up to what happemed to Fowler, Im feeling sick, this season is turming out to be a nightmare season 2 prospect lost for the year due to injuries wtf.

Malo

Banned
Ugh Im just catching up to what happemed to Fowler, Im feeling sick, this season is turming out to be a nightmare season 2 prospect lost for the year due to injuries wtf.
It's been three, you're forgetting about Kaprielian.

SgzJsLh.jpg

That's the electrical box Fowler's knee hit. There should have been padding there.

RBH

So the Braves didn't fare too well against one of CosmicQueso's teams (Padres)

Maybe they'll do better against his other team this weekend (A's)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom