• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line after seeing Doyers above Houston

vkeWlW3.gif

*tokido raging demons Line*

if the brewers make any trades it should be for long term assets or short term cheap assets.

maybe they make it this year, but while they are looking decent they have to know they aren't a great team.

that and the cubs likely will make a few more trades and are likely going to get hot. The cubs have a couple year window here and it makes sense for them to trade for pieces that fit that couple year window.

........ say what? the plan all along has been to build this for the long run and get as many chances as possible at the postseason for the better part of a decade. with the amount of young controlled talent they, the increasingly large payroll (that has tons of dead weight coming off the books this offseason), and the front office they have, there's no reason to think this is some kind of short-term window. i know some of their younger bats had a rought first half, but you're the first person i've seen suggest something like this. obviously there are no guarantees, but there's no reason to think the cubs aren't going to be around for a while.

if i'm the brewers, i'm seizing this opportunity to win. i'm not saying to go all-in on high priced rentals, but they should absolutely be looking to improve the team at the deadline. if they were their production from young organizational guys that might be different, but they're doing it this year mostly based on veterans performing way above projections. i'm not saying they don't have a good system and an interesting future, but with the likelihood of the cubs winning a good amount of games in the coming years and the cardinals inevitably becoming good again at some point, they should be valuing this individual postseason very highly.

Cardinals should trade Lynn and Rosenthal to the Brewers. Help them have a better chance to beat the Cubs this year and weakens their farm

won't happen obviously

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How many toll roads you guys got up in nor cal?

Felt like everywhere i went i had to pay $5 to get across a bridge in the Vallejo area

Solano County is commuter county for a reason, lol. Gotta cross at least one bridge to usually get anywhere else in the Bay from that area. Also could mean paying toll twice in many cases round trip.

Line_HTX

Springer was going to score on the sac fly anyway, but what the hell were those two doing out there? Nearly a drop on a light collision.

Chris R

Springer was going to score on the sac fly anyway, but what the hell were those two doing out there? Nearly a drop on a light collision.

Oh, that's just the Mariners.

And the Astros broadcast got the new graphics package too??? So just ROOT Northwest didn't change it's name, everything else is the same?

Can we call DeJong legit yet because he gets me real excited

Not with that walk and strikeout rate

He's like a worse-defensive Javier Baez who is maybe a bit better offensively

(so still not a horrible player, just not a star)

edit: lol fowler please just move to left field. its gonna happen eventually, might as well do it now.

boxter432

Yankees back to wasting scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity.

they got nuttin on the twins tonight, who have wasted about 5 runs. bases loaded no out and only got 1 gifted run due to pitcher error on an easy play.

and the turds at the bottom of the lineup continue to rake against the twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom