• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

I guess Girardi is trying to save the bullpen some work after the weekend?

I mean at least Betances and Warren were available, so its hard to see how could you let this go, unless the plan was this since the beggining even if it meant loosing the game.

He's a starter, but you still think you wouldn't want to strand someone out there on the mound in their major league debut.
Still been there in a jam in a tie game in the 8th inning you would think they will bring someone to get out of that jam.

Solano County is commuter county for a reason, lol. Gotta cross at least one bridge to usually get anywhere else in the Bay from that area. Also could mean paying toll twice in many cases round trip.
I wish i had more time to spend out there. Hotel was down the street from that discovery theme park. Had some functions out in San Rafael to do so it took majority of the weekend.

Line_HTX

There should be a way to whip Lance into staying for bare minimum 6 1/3. Getting real tired of his short starts despite his epic curveball.

And why the fuck are Sipp and Gregerson still on this team, especially Gregerson... Other teams need to fucking make their starting pitchers / relievers available already.

There should be a way to whip Lance into staying for bare minimum 6 1/3. Getting real tired of his short starts despite his epic curveball.

And why the fuck are Sipp and Gregerson still on this team, especially Gregerson... Other teams need to fucking make their starting pitchers / relievers available already.

Lance Lynn would be a good fit for the Astros

Not sure the Cardinals and Astros would ever trade so soon after the hacking thing. Although Luhnow did draft Lynn, so he clearly likes him.

Choomp

Banned
Houston Astros
@astros

Astros have placed Carlos Correa on the 10-day disabled list with a torn ligament in his left thumb. He is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks.

zulux21

Houston Astros
@astros

Astros have placed Carlos Correa on the 10-day disabled list with a torn ligament in his left thumb. He is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks.

I'll trade you Tim Anderson for the injured Carlos Correa :p
I'll throw in david robertson while I am at it :3

*sees the white sox are playing the dodgers.... is saddened as for some reason expects the white sox to sweep the dodgers even though hopefully the white sox won't win another game this season*

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
giphy.gif

zulux21

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

Source: J.D. Martinez is headed to the Arizona Diamondbacks. First mentioned close by @jonmorosi.

wonder what for. by WAR he is worth about the same as todd fraizer so it will be a decent glance as to what the white sox might get from the red sox when they trade him to them.

(fraizer has more defensive worth while martinez has more offensive worth though I suppose martinez missed some games. aka has more upside)

RBH

Four Seattle Mariners minor leaguers had a plan to avoid getting up at 3 a.m. for a road trip: Book a separate flight. Smart.

Except the flight fell through, and the group was forced to take an Uber from Phoenix to Albuquerque, New Mexico, at a cost of $683.52.

Relief pitcher Mark Lowe, infielder D.J. Peterson, first baseman Dan Vogelbach and pitcher Pat Light made the seven-hour journey to meet up with their Tacoma Rainiers teammates for a Triple-A game on Monday, and they didn't seem to mind.

They even gave their driver five stars for his effort.

Tacoma lost the game 6-5. Vogelbach went 1-for-4 with an RBI. Peterson was 0-for-3. Lowe and Light didn't pitch.

Hopefully, the four got some sleep in the car. The Rainiers play a doubleheader Tuesday.

The Rainiers teammates aren't the first athletes to go the Uber route to get to a team event. Last month, Buffalo Bills defensive back Shareece Wright took about a 550-mile and over eight-hour Uber trip from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to the team's practice facility in Orchard Park, New York. That ride cost him $632 -- plus a $300 tip.

The Rainiers players didn't mention how generous they were with a tip. While three of the players have little or no major league experience and probably would take a big hit to the pocketbook on an Uber bill like that, Lowe can probably afford it. He has over 10 years of big league experience, earning over $16 million.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20097988/seattle-mariners-minor-leaguers-take-683-uber-game

DE9-RQWUIAEprxM.jpg:small

zulux21

multiple prospects will head to the Tigers in exchange for Martinez, tweets FanRag’s Jon Heyman. Ken Rosenthal tweets that Detroit secured a package of three prospects, though specific names have yet to be reported.

wonder who.

Malo

Banned
wonder what for. by WAR he is worth about the same as todd fraizer so it will be a decent glance as to what the white sox might get from the red sox when they trade him to them.

(fraizer has more defensive worth while martinez has more offensive worth though I suppose martinez missed some games. aka has more upside)
Lol what

Martinez has played in considerably less games than Frazier has, and Martinez still leads Frazier in fWAR. Martinez should net the tigers a decent haul, whereas the most the white soxs can expect is salary relief and a C prospect.

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

Source: J.D. Martinez is headed to the Arizona Diamondbacks. First mentioned close by @jonmorosi.

What the fuck is Avila doing. The Dbacks have the worst farm system in the league. Why are we selling so low early rather then waiting for the Dodgers get desperate enough they would trade Verdugo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom