• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friggz

I'm fine with giving up Rutherford in the right deal, but I don't think this was it. That being said, he was essentially blocked in the org and his power has all but vanished despite putting on 15 pounds of muscle last winter.

That being said, I'm wondering if the Yankees are going to make room in anticipation for Harper? (Complete speculation). Judge, Frazier, Harper will do just fine.

really don't know what is low about him aside from his average. he is getting on base plenty despite the average, has power, and fields a decent third.

he isn't an elite bat but he is far from bad.

His OBP is league average to below average.. Career he's well below league average at getting on base.

Malo

Banned
I'm fine with giving up Rutherford in the right deal, but I don't think this was it. That being said, he was essentially blocked in the org and his power has all but vanished despite putting on 15 pounds of muscle last winter.

That being said, I'm wondering if the Yankees are going to make room in anticipation for Harper? (Complete speculation). Judge, Frazier, Harper will do just fine.
I'm honestly thinking they go for Machado instead. They have a surplus of OFs even after this trade and don't forget about Hicks. He was in the midst of a breakout season before going down.

zulux21

Levine tweets that there are four players going to the White Sox in the deal. Sherman adds that the fourth player will be another prospect, so it doesn’t seem as though anyone else on the big league roster is in the deal.

so the last player won't be another salary dump form the MLB roster for the yankees.

though that was expected.

3N16MA

Banned
The Yanks have been treated kindly recently when they have moved a reliever. Basically helped build the farm. Their turn to move a piece in order to get pen help.

D-Rob is back home.

Velcro Fly

It could be them and the Nats again, so no. The universe will break having to decide which will advance.

DC teams don't play for conference/league titles. It just doesn't happen.

If it can't be the Cubs I'd rather it be the Dodgers. Kershaw is amazing and I'd like to see him get one.

So apparently it's Frazier,Kahnle and DRob for Rutherford, Clarkin, Polo and Clippard.

I would have liked a better final piece than Polo (Mateo or Abreu maybe?) but after the A's traded both Doolittle and Madson for a sub-par return and JD Martinez netted the Tigers basically nothing; I have to commend Hahn for getting creative to get a really good headliner for this deal.

I think it's a good deal for both sides.

edit: Moncada getting called up. Not sure if I like it, would have preferred to give fringe prospects like Delmonico a shot to audition.

Friggz

yankees traded kids in A ball for Major League pieces. With concerns over rutherfords lack of power becoming a hot topic this season, im not overly worried about losing him.

Clarkin and Polo were rule 5 eligible at the end of the year, good way to get maximum value for them.

good riddance clippard. =X

I have too many jumbled thoughts to write a coherent paragraph about this trade. but I never get the Yankees thinking, is Cashman saying he is confident this team can go deep in the playoffs this year? is the team still rebuilding or just dicking around waiting for free agency? what's the plan?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
This Rays team is something else. 9th inning 2 out rally to tie in Oakland, Brad Miller on third now

Now the Rays take the lead 4-3 in the 9th, all with two outs. This team is wild.

3N16MA

Banned
Fair deal for both teams.

I'm seeing some Yankee fans hating it.

Pitching (SP) is a concern for this team and recently they have lost a few games because of the pen. This helps alleviate some but not all of those concerns. I think some are looking at Rutherford's ranking and don't want to let him go.

It's not a steal for the Yanks but neither team got burned. At least Clippard is gone and Clarkin is in minor league injury hell.

zulux21

So apparently it's Frazier,Kahnle and DRob for Rutherford, Clarkin, Polo and Clippard.

I would have liked a better final piece than Polo (Mateo or Abreu maybe?) but after the A's traded both Doolittle and Madson for a sub-par return and JD Martinez netted the Tigers basically nothing; I have to commend Hahn for getting creative to get a really good headliner for this deal.

I think it's a good deal for both sides.

edit: Moncada getting called up. Not sure if I like it, would have preferred to give fringe prospects like Delmonico a shot to audition.

Moncada is the start of the new talent he is being brought up in hopes people show up to watch him play.

3N16MA

Banned
I have too many jumbled thoughts to write a coherent paragraph about this trade. but I never get the Yankees thinking, is Cashman saying he is confident this team can go deep in the playoffs this year? is the team still rebuilding or just dicking around waiting for free agency? what's the plan?

I think he believes they can get into the playoffs and and the team that smacked the cover off the ball the first couple of months shows up.

SP can't be fixed completely (they need a starter) but the offense and RP can be standouts. We will see how far that gets them.

Friggz

I also cant help but this trade was orchestrated by Hal in an effort to play meaningful games in september.

Malo

Banned
It's about both this season and the future. Robertson is controllable through next year and Kahnle through '20. Rutherford has a ton of upside and is only 20, but there's a lot of OFs who were ahead of him (Frazier, Judge, Fowler) and Florial's breakout made it easier to trade Rutherford, who like friggs said, was struggling a little bit this season.

Also, the Yankees still have the 4th best run differential in MLB and have been underperforming. They now have the best bullpen in MLB and have upgraded at first. Frazier has posted a .895 ops since June 3rd.

Still need a sp, but that sp might come from within in the form of Chance Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom