• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

I'm okay with this trade. Welcome home Robertson! Loved him as a Yankee and glad to have him back. His fastball always seemed so hittable but it fools the fuck out of batters somehow. Oh and have a nice life Clippard.

zulux21

It's about both this season and the future. Robertson is controllable through next year and Kahnle through '20. Rutherford has a ton of upside and is only 20, but there's a lot of OFs who were ahead of him (Frazier, Judge, Fowler) and Florial's breakout made it easier to trade Rutherford, who like friggs said, was struggling a little bit this season.

Also, the Yankees still have the 4th best run differential in MLB and have been underperforming. They now have the best bullpen in MLB and have upgraded at first. Frazier has posted a .895 ops since June 3rd.

Still need a sp, but that sp might come from within in the form of Chance Adams.

personally I think people put to much stock in the "go deep into the playoffs."

all that matters is getting there, most of the time the better team doesn't win, it's just who ever is playing better at the time.

3N16MA

Banned
It's about both this season and the future. Robertson is controllable through next year and Kahnle through '20. Rutherford has a ton of upside and is only 20, but there's a lot of OFs who were ahead of him (Frazier, Judge, Fowler) and Florial's breakout made it easier to trade Rutherford, who like friggs said, was struggling a little bit this season.

Also, the Yankees still have the 4th best run differential in MLB and have been underperforming. They now have the best bullpen in MLB and have upgraded at first. Frazier has posted a .895 ops since June 3rd.

Still need a sp, but that sp might come from within in the form of Chance Adams.

The Yanks piled up a huge positive run differential in their first 61 games. They have gone 10-21 in their last 31 games, however they only have a -16 run differential in those 31 games. They have lost a bunch of close games (half by 2 runs or less) and because of it their run differential hasn't taken a big hit.

Thry have also lost 7 of those 21 games after scoring 5 runs or more which just drives home how bad the pitching has been.

personally I think people put to much stock in the "go deep into the playoffs."

all that matters is getting there, most of the time the better team doesn't win, it's just who ever is playing better at the time.

The playoffs are a crapshoot for sure, but teams have also figured out that overall depth is less important than top tier talent in the playoffs. Fourth and fifth starters rarely pitch in the playoffs but your top 3 bullpen arms pitch a ton, unless your bullpen is trash.

MC Safety

Governor Chris Christie caught a foul ball at Taxpayers' Field tonight. And then he caught some boos. (It was a nice grab, too.)

Also, Rafael Montero should be given five more chances, but definitely not six.

Oh, and the Mets are terrible.

White Sox prospect pool is just ridiculous now, major props to Hahn and the organization for blowing up that roster that was never going to compete and getting quality returns

Sanjuro

We won the Asdrubal Cabrera sweepstakes!

Peter Gammons‏Verified account @pgammo

Mets will give Red Spx Astrubal Cabera. SH, 3B-2B, 9 HR, hits LHP

zulux21

so lets see after the trade last night the white sox only have a few pieces of interest left.

Anthony Swarzak
maybe Dan Jennings
maybe Jose Abreu (but they likely keep him to help with the new kids)

maybe get some one to be a sucker and take james shields or derek holland off our hands.
maybe trade Miguel González for a no name A prospect.

and Melky Cabrera might have some minor value.

yeah... this is basically it for what the sox are getting unless they get involved in a three team deal to trade away one of their nearly ready prospects for very good few years away prospects.

Pedroia not getting an error yesterday on that Bautista base hit is hilarious homer shit to keep his errorless streak alive.

Bautista wouldn't have made it to second if Pedroia didn't boot it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
We won the Asdrubal Cabrera sweepstakes!

Peter Gammons‏Verified account @pgammo

Mets will give Red Spx Astrubal Cabera. SH, 3B-2B, 9 HR, hits LHP

Wow, didn't think someone would actually trade for him lol. Glad the Mets kept TJ.

Yeah I'll wait for a second source corroboration.

Gammo's a bloody legend but...that tweet didn't look like it came from someone who has it all there this morning...

BigAT

Whoa, big move. Did not expect to see this get done.

Peter Gammons‏ @pgammo

White Stockings will give Red Spx Cap Anson. RHH, 1B, .334 BA, hits white pitching

Pictured: Tommy Lasorda at Dodgers-White Sox last night

DFEVjzaVYAEPS6q.jpg

It is unknown at this time whether Mr. Lasorda was alive when this picture was taken

Caja 117

So Future HoF choi was DFA as well as Refs to make room for the new players in The Yanks.

Getting frazier is so weird to me, I always tought the Yanks were going to press more for a power Left hander like Alonso, it seems the team doesnt have players to take advantage of that RF porch.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

zulux21

What would they call a World Series between the chisox and cubs?

Armageddon.

followed by a book about how after the white sox won the world series it was the end of chicago. After months of riots there was nothing left. just ashes of the city of chicago.
with millions dead the city was deemed to be uninhabitable with the majority of cubs fans who survived moving to new york to root for the yankees.

big ander

they'd probably call a cubs-chisox WS a crosstown classic championship or something. use one of the many existing nicknames. and I don't actually think it'd get that violent? a world series would amplify it of course but all my life I've generally seen the rivalry as pretty friendly. people rib each other but it's not vicious and unrelenting. like I've known spartan fans who will launch into a rabid rant before you can get every syllable of "ann arbor" out of your mouth, but if you're a sox fan discovering somebody is a cubs fan your reaction is a head shake and some playful insults.

happy to eat crow on this if I wind up running for my life to escape fighting looters and burning buses.
Sprained pinkie day to day.
Phew.

such a relief. would have completely deflated this second half momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom