• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
jaime garcia trade said:
8:24pm: Minnesota is “very likely” to take over all of Garcia’s remaining salary (about $4.7MM), per 1500 ESPN’s Darren Wolfson (via Twitter).

7:42pm: For what it’s worth, Garcia is still in a Braves’ uniform tonight, Kevin McAlpin of the Braves Radio Network tweets. Of course, that doesn’t mean the deal isn’t nearing completion; he isn’t scheduled to start until tomorrow.

6:44pm: It’s possible the Twins will be receiving an additional player in the deal, per LaVelle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune (via Twitter), though it seems that’d likely be a lower-level player of some kind.

6:12pm: It seems the swap is done except for the formalities. It’s being finalized right now, tweets Jon Heyman of Fan Rag, while MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger adds on Twitter that the sides are currently waiting on medical assessments. Atlanta will be receiving a minor-league player in return, he adds.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/twins-braves-engaged-in-talks-on-jaime-garcia.html

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
At least you've taken ownership of your ketchup curse!

Ketchup curse still in effect

fyUwZF2.png

Time for a reunion.
Hell sign Lincecum and Brian Wilson too.
And bring Zito and Vogey out of retirement.
Why stop there let's put Bonds in a uniform, he probably can still hit and probably better than the scrubs we currently have in our lineup. Lol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Time for a reunion.
Hell sign Lincecum and Brian Wilson too.
And bring Zito and Vogey out of retirement.
Why stop there let's put Bonds in a uniform, he probably can still hit and probably better than the scrubs we currently have in our lineup. Lol.
Bring back the machine.

Chris R

Did the Marlins state no takebacks??? Because we need to tear this shitty team apart and get some fucking bats, as nice as it is to have a semi-competent defense :\

SRTtoZ

I know we have Drob now but they really need to figure out Chapman whether its surgery or giving him time off. He still aint right.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
From last night:

@JonHeyman 14h

not hearing if any serious talks with astros and a's on gray. houston appears to be looking elsewhere at moment.

@JonHeyman 13h
astros don't love that verlander deal (28M this year & 2 more, plus vesting otpion). not seeing houston as real alternative for JV.

Duke called up as well.

Don't forget Grichuk!

Clearly the Cardinals season is saved. (let's showcase Duke for a trade)

No idea why Carson is being brought up. He's clearly ready, but I would think he benefits more from starting in the minors than by backing up Molina. Whatever. Maybe Matheny won't start Molina for like 20 games in a row now.

Please do. This ownership needs to wake up.

Marco Gonzales to the Mariners?

Bummer, always liked Marco. No real spot for him though and he was gonna have to be a bullpen arm next year with the amount of starters the Cardinals have waiting. Think he'll do well with the Mariners.

Skeptical about O'Neil with the K rate but whatever.

Getting a top 40 prospect for Gonzales seems like a huge win

O'Neill was top 40 last year, missed the cutoff for top 100 this year on most lists

Still, a pretty good trade for both sides IMO. Think Marco will do well in Safeco and they'll have him until 2023. O'Neill might not be anything, but could be something special which is what the Cardinals need right now.

Please do. This ownership needs to wake up.

Marco Gonzales to the Mariners?

Tyler O'Neill is coming the other way. Tell me about him Mariners GAF.

I love O'Neil. He's a classic power hitter who has improved every season. Felt like the only real prospect above A ball.

Mortemis

Banned
Looks like a shitty trade to me. If this guy isn't going to make an impact this year, I don't get why you wouldn't just wait until the offseason where there isn't a huge premium on starting pitching as it is now. I'm not really high on O'Neill but it feels like paying extra for a guy who's not really much. Basically Jerry's MO here, but whatever.

O'Neill was top 40 last year, missed the cutoff for top 100 this year on most lists

Still, a pretty good trade for both sides IMO. Think Marco will do well in Safeco and they'll have him until 2023. O'Neill might not be anything, but could be something special which is what the Cardinals need right now.

He had a bad start this year but really started to catch fire in June, so he's been killing it for the last month and a half. He's only 22 in AAA so I think people shouldn't put too much weight into his bad start.

Rommel

Looks like a shitty trade to me. If this guy isn't going to make an impact this year, I don't get why you wouldn't just wait until the offseason where there isn't a huge premium on starting pitching as it is now. I'm not really high on O'Neill but it feels like paying extra for a guy who's not really much. Basically Jerry's MO here, but whatever.

He had a bad start this year but really started to catch fire in June, so he's been killing it for the last month and a half. He's only 22 in AAA so I think people shouldn't put too much weight into his bad start.

I HATE this trade... Hope you know what you are doing Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom