• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Shea‏Verified account
@JohnSheaHey
Follow
More
There's a Red Sox bag in the locker between Belt and Crawford. That didn't take long.

It appears that a wild Pablo Sandoval has appeared in San Francisco

big ander

That wasn't even really an easily winnable one. I mean birds took the lead first but it came despite Lester striking out 10. And it wouldn't have been easy for anybody, let alone an exhausted wainwright and the bullpen, to shutdown the cubs big hitters. Wasn't easy for either side, was just a damn fine game of baseball

I consider it an even trade from yesterday.

Not really. You lost yesterday because your bullpen was a dumpster fire and gave up like 9 runs before even getting an out. You won today because Mike Matheny is the worst manager in the MLB and decided to let Wainwright stay in way past when he should have been in.

It happens every time and he never learns. The rest of the NL Central is lucky to be playing against him as manager.
please fire him

That wasn't even really an easily winnable one. I mean birds took the lead first but it came despite Lester striking out 10. And it wouldn't have been easy for anybody, let alone an exhausted wainwright and the bullpen, to shutdown the cubs big hitters. Wasn't easy for either side, was just a damn fine game of baseball

Win expectancy was 85% after Grichuk's HR. Two innings from a bullpen would have been easy, but Matheny decided to let Wainwright stay out there way too long. Like he always does.

bebop242

Not really. You lost yesterday because your bullpen was a dumpster fire and gave up like 9 runs before even getting an out. You won today because Mike Matheny is the worst manager in the MLB and decided to let Wainwright stay in way past when he should have been in.

It happens every time and he never learns. The rest of the NL Central is lucky to be playing against him as manager.

So, honest question, has the Cards Bullpen been doing pretty good lately?

So, honest question, has the Cards Bullpen been doing pretty good lately?

1.99 ERA/2.91 FIP in July, 1.86/2.84 in past 7 days. But even an average bullpen is better than Wainwright after 95+ pitches. Maybe even a bad bullpen is.

You could *maybe* let him start the 8th (I don't, but whatever), but you certainly don't let him face Zobrist with a man on first. Especially since he hit for himself the previous inning.

bebop242

1.99 ERA/2.91 FIP in July, 1.86/2.84 in past 7 days. But even an average bullpen is better than Wainwright after 95+ pitches. Maybe even a bad bullpen is.

You could *maybe* let him start the 8th (I don't, but whatever), but you certainly don't let him face Zobrist with a man on first. Especially since he hit for himself the previous inning.

Cool thanks for that. Yeah should have went to the bullpen.

RBH

ketchup_hotdog_head.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom