• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

$19 + $2 top for my last run.

Two draft Bud Lights.

I've not seen a hot dog man for days. Please write to my dearest Martha if soggy meat flavor does not reach my colon.

Sanjuro

It's super creepy when they have the dancing camera in between innings.

They'll go from some woman living out her delicious stripper fantasy, then cut to a six year old kid.

Sanjuro

$7.75 for hot dog. The girl behind me laughed due to the meat to bun size. The hot dog guy told her he had the biggest weenie around. 😥

Qnu7RGm.jpg

nnex

Neo Member
https://www.reviewtrackers.com/fan-sentiment-best-baseball-stadiums/

This article is pretty interesting. They used an algorithm to analyze stadium reviews and rank the stadiums based on data from keywords in the reviews.

If you survey fans about stadiums, fans respond to the structured questions you provide. You design the survey and, potentially, your questions can impose biases — and might imply that all stadiums are judged by the same standards. A survey does not allow for the fan to speak as freely as they might do so in an online review, where there is no structure and where feedback is more immediate.

If you listen online, instead, to what fans are saying about each stadium experience, you let them tell you what’s important. You let them guide the conversation. And one of the things you discover is that fans judge some stadiums differently than others — and because we’re able to look across all stadiums, we can spot outliers, and identify which stadiums are doing something exceptional.

For what it's worth, that fantastic looking hot dog Sanjuro posted is the 9th best in baseball, according to this. Regarding the #1 hotdog... well, let's just say you'll probably be seeing some ketchup .gifs posted.

Line_HTX

Brian McTaggart‏ @brianmctaggart 22m22 minutes ago

Mike Fiers received a 5-game suspension, undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing a pitch in the area of head of Valbuena on Wednesday

They should tack on more games for saying stupid shit about bat flips. Enough of this stupidity.

alemmon

Brian McTaggart‏ @brianmctaggart 22m22 minutes ago

Mike Fiers received a 5-game suspension, undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing a pitch in the area of head of Valbuena on Wednesday

They should tack on more games for saying stupid shit about bat flips. Enough of this stupidity.

And yet I am sure Valbuena had some great bat flips as a member of the Astros, Bat flips are fun and fans love them just as much as watching a pitcher get pumped after striking out someone in a high stakes situation.

Line_HTX

Jake Marisnick is gone for 6-8 weeks because he fucked up his thumb diving onto a base.

We do not need any more injuries from production guys, FFS...

Toth

Frazier is making a very strong case to return next year. If he can just get that average up a bit. If Headley comes back as a backup 1st / 3rd baseman, they could have a really solid infield next year.

Sanjuro

Is it Tie Dye?

THE HELL?

...in 2017?

YUP. Not tie dye though. :/

https://www.reviewtrackers.com/fan-sentiment-best-baseball-stadiums/

This article is pretty interesting. They used an algorithm to analyze stadium reviews and rank the stadiums based on data from keywords in the reviews.

For what it's worth, that fantastic looking hot dog Sanjuro posted is the 9th best in baseball, according to this. Regarding the #1 hotdog... well, let's just say you'll probably be seeing some ketchup .gifs posted.

I've got to be honest, it might be in the upper tier of stadium dogs I've had. When they switched to Kayem brand, they ditched whatever the hell they used to serve years ago.

Malo

Banned
Frazier is making a very strong case to return next year. If he can just get that average up a bit. If Headley comes back as a backup 1st / 3rd baseman, they could have a really solid infield next year.
I don't see it. He's going to want to start and the Yankees can't guarantee that.

What would be really great is if Matheny gets fired and Mozeliak tells the fans we're rebuilding next year cuz clearly Matheny ain't cutting the mustard anymore

Velcro Fly

To be fair the Mets roster is not much different than the Cubs having a battery of Tseng-Davis. Even at 3-0 they were never out of it.

Velcro Fly

That's the most bullshit rule in baseball right there. You steal second, beat the tag, you're fucking safe. Who cares if you come off the bag?

Replay being used to screw people in unintended ways is some of the worst shit ever. Just sitting there holding the tag on a guy after he's called safe in case he comes off the bag is fucking crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom