• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta

Maybe I missed something. Why are the Yankees making thumbs down gestures?

giphy.gif

During the Yankees vs Tampa game this fan had this for Frazier.

Toth

Maybe I missed something. Why are the Yankees making thumbs down gestures?

It's a joke based on GG Martin look alike giving Frazier a thumbs down after he hit the HR against the Rays.

Haven't seen the offense so explosive in a while. Feels good.

3N16MA

Banned
It's a joke based on GG Martin look alike giving Frazier a thumbs down after he hit the HR against the Rays.

Haven't seen the offense so explosive in a while. Feels good.

Yanks have scored 6 or more runs in half their games dating back 3 weeks.

zulux21

For as pedestrian as his second half has been Judge still has a pretty solid MVP case.

if you ignore the existence of mike trout and especially José Altuve I guess I could see that.

but i mean José Altuve should be the MVP with ease.

edit: indians magic might finally be out... bases loaded and 1 out and couldn't even put the ball into play. two foul fly outs to end the inning.

zulux21

indians put in a 21 year old that had never played above A ball before this season in order to try to keep the inning alive.

and he some how manages to take ball one lol.

and swings at ball two even more inside.

grounds out on a fielders choice..... last out for the indian's magic.

zulux21

TIED F'IN GAME

on a deep fly that the outfilder couldn't time that bounced high off the wall.

winning run on second with 2 out.

worst case it is going to take at least 10 innings to kill the indian's streak.

zulux21

I never want the Indians to lose again.

I just want them to continue until their last win of their win streak is the one that clinches.

to be fair if they win tonight and the angels lose that will clinch a playoff birth for them.

in other thoughts... that ball just kept going back lol.

zulux21

so I wonder what would put more pressure on a player.

being up in the bottom of the 9th/pitching to hold the game going for win 22

or

the same situation in the first game of a playoff series. (I figure late in a playoff series would be more pressure but early could make for a good debate)

Joei

so I wonder what would put more pressure on a player.

being up in the bottom of the 9th/pitching to hold the game going for win 22

or

the same situation in the first game of a playoff series. (I figure late in a playoff series would be more pressure but early could make for a good debate)

It's gotta be going for win 22. While the other situation you presented would be stressful, it's kind of an expected or hoped for stess. Players can hope to be in that situation. I don't think anyone fathoms being the last out of a freaking 22 game win streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom