• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Major_league_ii.jpg

vJ1ZQ2F.jpg

Line_HTX

Fat Albert ain't shit.

What a great night finally for this city. That Altuve play was fuckin' sick.

Always nice to have Brad Peacock start. Hope he goes longer than 6, but he has great command.

Kjs16Ll.gif

Hmmm.

Looking at the Indians schedule, if Bauer -- who has been pitching very very well in his last several outings -- can hold his shit together in the Friday game, 2 of our very best pitchers follow him (Carrasco, Kluber). In that scenario, it is incredibly likely (at great respect to the Royals) that the Indians arrive in Los Angeles for the Angels series with a 25 game win streak and Clevenger on the mound who's been breathing fire and napalm.

If Clevenger does what he's been doing, the Indians really could get a shot at 27 straight, though with Bauer again on the mound (who while playing well is still a box of chocolates). And IF Bauer survives, Carrasco, Kluber and Clevenger are up again. While trying to pencil in wins is silly, 30 doesn't seem totally unrealistic right now. And they would have to go through 3 teams fighting to get into the playoffs to do it. Chasing the Dodgers for #1 overall seed in addition to 27, then 30 straight should certainly provide sufficient motivation for them to keep playing well and focused.

IF the Tribe wins tomorrow, the next week of baseball might be more special than it is even right now.

No matter what happens, I'm screen shotting everything every day until the ride ends.
3AQmK.gif

Looking at the upcoming schedule and pitching probables for the Indians, there's a damn good shot that this streak goes 25-30 games. It would likely require one of our starting pitchers who hasn't had a bad outing in weeks (months?) to have a bad outing...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There was also a rumored new one coming out with Sheen being a pitching coach or some shit.

Those movies sound really cheesy and awful. What, do they have one where someone gets DFA'd? ����

Go watch the first Major League, it's a fucking classic.

Sheen
Snipes
Berenger
Bernsen

Fuckin' Dennis Haysbert!

bgbball31

2 is okay, there's some good parts/lines, but the PG-13 rating ruins a bit of it.

3 is just.. why?

2 was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Which, I guess says something about it, but it still holds a place for me. It certainly isn't as good as the first, but that's hard to top for a baseball movie anyway.

Speaking of baseball movies, Little Big League never got near the credit it deserves.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the Twins bandwagon man. Buxton is a delight to watch
He is. Watching Mauer take at bats like he used to and seeing the kids all clutch up is a joy. I've spent all year trying not to get too hopeful but fuck it I'm all in now.

They'll probably lose the next six in a row but hey.

TS-08

Even then they have another 4 games with the Cubs so its still possible even if they get swept by the Cubs.

Right. Although if the Cards were to get swept, I wouldn't really hold hope for the division, but the Wild Card could still be reasonably in play. But if we get swept and the Rockies sweep, we may effectively be out of the playoffs, if not technically. So that's the only way I could see the Cards' season being decided this weekend.

jbug617

Banned
MLB fined the Red Sox an undisclosed amount for the Apple Watch

NYY fined a lesser amount for other violations (not the ones the Red Sox complained about because the insufficient evidence).

bebop242

I was dozing off watching the cubs game heard the ejection but didnt see it. Searched youtube and my, Lackey's been bounced out of a game quite a bit. Lol.

Line_HTX

MLB fined the Red Sox an undisclosed amount for the Apple Watch

NYY fined a lesser amount for other violations (not the ones the Red Sox complained about because the insufficient evidence).

Insufficient evidence and admission of guilt. They thought they could get a shared amount of fines with the Yankees, ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom