• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Watching this guy...I don't even know what to compare it to. Judge has just been so much better than expected. And he could theoretically be even better than this as he gets more time in the Majors?

There's nothing really comparable. I hope we see more dudes with his body type getting into baseball. So fun.

zulux21

Watching this guy...I don't even know what to compare it to. Judge has just been so much better than expected. And he could theoretically be even better than this as he gets more time in the Majors?

I mean any rookie could theoretically get better.
that being said they could also figure out weaknesses in judge's swing and exploit that and if he can't adjust this could also easily be his only notable season.

either way, I want him at every home run derby.

Caja 117

Crazy to think that had Judge just kept using the Cream and the Clear after the ASB he's probably not only past Stanton now but he probably would have broken 62.
I think it has to do with Having Joe Torre working for the comissioner, MLB probrably told him to lay low for a while with the Steroids, it seems Torre cleared him to start using it again, Im so happy everything got solved and Judge is destroying baseballs again!

Stanton never goes off the juice, Ortiz gave them the good stuff undetectable
Wasnt Manny that helped Ortiz out?

Friggz

Judge, Sanchez, Bird today: 5-for-11 with 4 HR, 1 2B, 1 BB.

Yankees are going to be a juggernaut for so, so, long. Poor baseball.

Malo

Banned
Baseball Reference

Aaron Judge is hitting .296/.436/.831 in September. His 1.267 OPS would be his highest in any month this year

Better than ever.

Marz

Yea Bird has pretty impressive power if he can just put a full season together him, Judge, and Sanchez can all hit over 30 in a season.

Joe

screenshot_245.png

jman2050

If Judge continues his insane stretch and ends the season with 55+ homers I think it'll be pretty hard not to at least seriously consider him over Altuve.

Though obviously Altuve could have his own hot streak to end the season. Fun race this may end up being after all.

Crazy to think that had Judge just kept using the Cream and the Clear after the ASB he's probably not only past Stanton now but he probably would have broken 62.

you know how rookies get all scared they'll get caught.

Yeah, fuck Altuve for being more consistent, isn't that right?

*Watt Goldberg spears Mort after catching the fly ball

Judge had a pretty bad month but he's still having a monster season. consistency means nothing.

clemenx

Banned
If Judge continues his insane stretch and ends the season with 55+ homers I think it'll be pretty hard not to at least seriously consider him over Altuve.

Though obviously Altuve could have his own hot streak to end the season. Fun race this may end up being after all.
Its a toss up. I absolutely love that 2 radically different players can offer pretty much the same value. Baseball is awesome.

The only bad thing about this awesome Judge month is that now Yankee fans are going to act like its the world's biggest travesty if he doesn't win the MVP when they're probably gonna end up pretty much tied in value.

zulux21

Too many analysts picking the Indians to win the WS. Don't like all the attention

lol.

congrats on the first round exit :p

Its a toss up. I absolutely love that 2 radically different players can offer pretty much the same value. Baseball is awesome.

The only bad thing about this awesome Judge month is that noe Yankee fans are going to act like its the world's biggest travesty if he doesn't win the MVP l.

Judge could have hit .050 with a single home run in sept and they would still be whining if he didn't win.
I mean they are like the kings of players winning awards they don't deserve.

*looks at Jeter and his gold gloves*

:/

Malo

Banned
lol.

congrats on the first round exit :p

Judge could have hit .050 with a single home run in sept and they would still be whining if he didn't win.
I mean they are like the kings of players winning awards they don't deserve.

*looks at Jeter and his gold gloves*

:/
Everybody knows Jeter was the second best SS on his own team when he won those gold gloves.

Wait, so y'all saying Altuve for MVP are serious?

Jesus, thought you guys were just joking.

Like, Altuve is great. But Judge is great AND a Yankee. Judge is also better in the stats old men like.

Altuve for MVP. El. Oh. El. C'mon now.

zulux21

If I'm Cleveland, I really don't want to face this Yankees team in the division series.

Also, shout out to Tony Clark and the Players' Association for this statement this morning.

it's good that the indians will be facing the twins then :p

Miguel Caberea's done. and the Tigers still owe him $184M over the next six years. ouch.

I'm not seeing anything about him quitting baseball.

if you are just referring to his performance, well he has been hurt for a while. Despite being out of it though the tigers are forcing him to play just to help sell tickets.

I mean I see https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017...agnosed-with-two-herniated-disks-in-back.html

but that isn't career ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom