• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
This is incredible:

Jeff Sullivan

He hit a dinger the other way, at 107.3 miles per hour. For Judge, this year, that’s his 95th-fastest batted ball. It’s also faster than any ball hit this year by Adrian Gonzalez, Scooter Gennett, Ben Zobrist, Victor Martinez, Jonathan Lucroy, Brian McCann, Jed Lowrie, Didi Gregorius, Matt Wieters, or Alex Bregman.

zulux21

That's the hope!

Will the Yankees even need to overpay for Harper at this rate?
Yes

actually that one will be an interesting one.

the white sox might go surprisingly big for harper.

age wise he will fit in nicely with a rebuilding club in 2019. they will have a ton of free money unless this off season goes really weird. and the white sox could use a RF.

zulux21

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the twins have always been super pesky in one game playins.

I would bank on that history in a one game playin rather than the Vs yankees stuff.

I'm going to call a 2-1 victory for the twins right here.

and when I am wrong you can all laugh for me :p

zulux21

Only I get to shit talk the Twins, pal.

I'm going to be so insufferable if they win, guys.

I mean it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
twins
indians
yankees
red sox.

it's cute to dream but the al champs this year will be the astros.

and if the cubs end up making it as well, they ideally will get their revenge against chicago for 2005. Even if it is the other chicago team :p

Malo

Banned
Only I get to shit talk the Twins, pal.

I'm going to be so insufferable if they win, guys.
I'm so fucking nervous about that one game. The Yankees are objectively a better team than the twins, but it's one game.

If we do lose, I hope Buxton goes supernova.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I mean it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
twins
indians
yankees
red sox.

it's cute to dream but the al champs this year will be the astros.

and if the cubs end up making it as well, they ideally will get their revenge against chicago for 2005. Even if it is the other chicago team :p
They won 59 games last year. All of this is gravy. If they beat the Yankees it's going to own listen to people whine about not getting to see Judge in the post season. They'd probably get bodied by Cleveland, but they're 5-1 there so far this year so who fuckin' knows. Chip, chair, chance, etc. I'm just excited for the game.

I'm so fucking nervous about that one game. The Yankees are objectively a better team than the twins, but it's one game.

I feel like Buxton is definitely the key to them winning. He's so good defensively. I feel like if he makes a highlight reel catch, it'll lead to a great at bat or two. Who knows. I was going to be happy with 75 wins this year!

Astros would be lucky to make it past the Red Sox, they're playing much better.

Although if Tall4Life goes anywhere near one of the ballparks I completely take that back.

You should be nervous. The wild card game fucking blows. they need to change that shit to 2 out of 3.

Mrbob

personally I am rooting for Q to throw a perfect game, and the cubs to lose the series 3-1 with the other 3 games being complete blow outs :3.

that being said, it's not like I didn't say around the all star break that I expected the cubs to come to life in the second half, take the division, and then go crazy in the playoffs :p

Go crazy means the Cubs win the world series? I'm down with that.

Cubs have been pretty hot the second half of the year. 43-45 at the break and right now 44-23 post all star break. Their second half run has been over shadowed by what the Indians have done but I'm ok with that. Let the team run a little under the radar before the post season starts. Cubs need to win at least the divisional round because I don't want to see the team to go out against Dusty Baker.

Sports Illustrated posted an article today showing how much better the team has been playing the second half of the year:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/09/25/chicago-cubs-nl-central-playoff-picture

Chris R

You should be nervous. The wild card game fucking blows. they need to change that shit to 2 out of 3.

I liked the double header proposed.

WC1 hosts a double header. They have to win 1 game to advance. Win G1, it's over.

WC2 has to win BOTH games, on the road, on the same day to advance.

Granted, it only really makes sense when the teams are split apart like this year. Would suck to need to win TWO games to play the playoffs when you are like 2GB of the WC1 team.

It's baseball 1 game or 3 games even 10+ games will always be unfair to the 162 sample size. Don't lose too much sleep on it.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but best of 3 is still better than best of 1.

WC1 hosts a double header. They have to win 1 game to advance. Win G1, it's over.

Granted, it only really makes sense when the teams are split apart like this year. Would suck to need to win TWO games to play the playoffs when you are like 2GB of the WC1 team.

I like this better that what we currently have at least.

zulux21

I'm alright with this idea.

gives an advantage to the first wild card team, but is still a punishment to the wild card teams in general when going into the actual playoffs.

would give more purpose to being the top wild card team, and make it more likely that the team with the better record is more likely to make the playoffs.

Unfortunately it still seems a talking point..

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...a-lackey-cubs-playoff-rotation-447202123.html

Lackey could barely last 5 innings in last years playoffs. I'd rather roll the dice with Quintana. Though if Lester doesn't stop sucking it won't matter anyway. The Cubs aren't repeating with post all star break 5.11 era Jon Lester. As good as the offense was last year the starting pitching locked down many games in the playoffs.

some random sports schmuck sharing a hot take doesn't meant this is a real conversation. this is not an argument, come on now.

Judge-Harper-Trout will be the OF of dreams.

HTTP3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcmFwZ2VuaXVzLzEzNzU3MzU5NDVfYmxhY2stZ3V5LWxhdWdoaW5nLW9uLWJvYXQtZ2lmLmdpZgloglog.gif

Beckx

Tadahito Iguchi, member of the 2005 White Sox, retired from baseball in Japan over the weekend. Hit a game tying HR in the 9th, which is a pretty good note to end a career.

He's going to throw the first pitch for the White Sox on Thursday, which is a pretty cool gesture from the team.

zulux21

Tadahito Iguchi, member of the 2005 White Sox, retired from baseball in Japan over the weekend. Hit a game tying HR in the 9th, which is a pretty good note to end a career.

He's going to throw the first pitch for the White Sox on Thursday, which is a pretty cool gesture from the team.

I totally forgot about his existence lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom