• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'll be happy if this deal is real.

Yadi retires a Cardinal and Carson Kelly gets to spend a year or two learning under one of the best defensive catchers ever and hopefully develops similar skills and some of Yadi's mentality by the time Yadi is done.

It's an overpay of course, but the Cards have money so it's not going to cripple the franchise by paying a few mil AAV more than Yadi would probably get on the market.

I'm not even sure that it's that much more than he would get on the market

A lot of dumb, desperate clubs out there that need a catcher and it's not like there are very many options. I bet there is at least one team that would match this

*Assuming Yadi is healthy through 2017

ReAxion

I'm not even sure that it's that much more than he would get on the market

A lot of dumb, desperate clubs out there that need a catcher and it's not like there are very many options. I bet there is at least one team that would match this

*Assuming Yadi is healthy through 2017

that somebody actually traded something of value for derek norris is a testament to their scarcity.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Shot from behind home plate.

What kind of Bush League crap is this? No flag pole in the outfield?!

And as for the Yadi deal, I'm all for it. Keep him, then move him to the coaching staff, he's a great leader and could probably turn into the next Dave Duncan like resource for the Cards organization.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Fuck the Nationals.

Good post.

2oTgWQp.gif

first off I didn't find them loveable.

second off I would rather not get into a political discussion in the baseball thread again.

let's just leave it at dumb people are more likely to support dumb things :p
First of all it's a commercial- you understand that right? They are trying to play up laughs. 2nd of all what does that have to do with Arrieta? I don't see how you are equating this with him lol.

The Molina deal is too long for my tastes, since Kelly will get minimal playing time due to Matheny.

At the same time, Kelly is only 22 and hasn't even played a full season at AAA

He'd be 25 at the end of the new Molina deal, which is still pretty young. Problem is of course as you said playing time

I'd feel really good about the deal if I knew Matheny would give Yadi/Kelly 50:50 starts in 2019 or 2020, but Yadi is going to start 140 games in both years.

Holiday

Banned
At the same time, Kelly is only 22 and hasn't even played a full season at AAA

He'd be 25 at the end of the new Molina deal, which is still pretty young. Problem is of course as you said playing time

I'd feel really good about the deal if I knew Matheny would give Yadi/Kelly 50:50 starts in 2019 or 2020, but Yadi is going to start 140 games in both years.

Hopefully he does well when he does get opportunities. Has Molina expressed any interest in a mentor role?

Hopefully he does well when he does get opportunities. Has Molina expressed any interest in a mentor role?

Not in the way I would like (which would be gradually moving Kelly into full time by the end of Yadi's contract), but Yadi has definitely mentored him and other young catchers

Still no sign of Yadi wanting to give up playing time.. maybe if he's making $20m a year that'll change his mind (lol no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom