• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day with each Mets loss here recently as they can't score without the home run, lose close games late or in extras, the bullpen is worn out on April 22 and blows most of the games, and the team loses multiple players to bumps and bruises per day.

David Phelps is just awful this year. Looks like he lost a lot of movement off his fastball.

At least we scored runs of Brad Hand in the 9th, one of the most unreliable pitchers in Marlins history. Hopefully we'll get to see him more this series.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
7fxFnB1.png

PoZYMaE.gif

Astros have the most wins in the majors right now. Last season the Astros got off to such a bad start to the season they were never able to recover so I'm glad they aren't doing that this year

zulux21

sigh... of course after shields gets off to a good start he gets hurt which will lower his trade value again.

oh well ideally it's a short trip and he continues to pitch well. need more prospects >.<:

Manny is still available.

Get rid of Benintendi, Moreland, Sandoval, bring back Manny, Youkilis, and Kevin Millar.

Also get rid of Sale who clearly lacks the clutch gene as evidenced by his lack of wins and bring back the greatest postseason pitcher in the history of baseball.

48018532.cached.jpg

Profit!

Mets fans wishing the suspensions for their domestic abusers were longer.

Reyes, I imagine he'll bounce around to 2-3 different clubs this year, sign a minor league deal with someone willing to give him an opportunity next season, and ultimately fade into the sunset without many even noticing.

I still believe Familia is more of a setup guy and much more comfortable in that role than a true lockdown closer which leads me to the idea that with the fragility/health issues/pitch counts of the Mets rotation and in combination with a one dimensional offense they, more than any other team, needed to build a "super bullpen" along the lines of Herrera/Davis/Holland, Betances/Miller/Chapman, etc.

It's early and things can turn quickly but this definitely feels like a snowball going down a mountain. I could see this team being in a humongous hole to climb out of in mid-May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom