• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

So the Braves are going with a Gattis/Heyward/J.Upton outfield in the playoffs. Elliot Johnson is also going to be the starting 2B. With Reed Johnson already confirmed, a lot of people are wondering if B.J. Upton is even going to be on the playoff roster.

Braves expected bench will be R.Johnson, Schafer, Janish, Laird, and Uggla. B.Upton expected to be left off roster for NLDS.

Braves will have $13 million in salary on the bench and $15 million in salary not even on the damn roster.

geeko

Gonna miss the Giants. They had a rough summer but september looked good. Looking foward to 2014. I hope Dodgers lose in the first round. F LA!!

Ethier is injured too hey? I don't know what to expect with this series.

If the Braves starters can match up with theirs and get it to the bullpens, the Braves should have the advantage. But who really knows? I don't know what to expect either. Kemp and Ethier being out helps.

Chris R

Is TBS going to have a live stream of the game available? Game starts while I'm still at work, would be nice to have it up on my second monitor or at least get the audio going.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The new season of Amazing Race starts tonight, and Kim Dejesus is a cast member for any interested parties...

cube444

Has it been mentioned yet? I noticed that there wasn't a single MLB player this season with 200 hits.

When's the last that has ever happened?

clemenx

Banned

CygnusXS

Just looked over the whole playoff schedule, feels so spaced out. The Wildcard games have to be on separate days? And there's so much time between the end of the NLCS and WS.

Nothing new I guess, except the WC stuff, but still frustrating.

Projected Braves/Dodgers lineups

Braves
1. Jason Heyward - CF
2. Justin Upton - RF
3. Freddie Freeman - 1B
4. Evan Gattis - LF
5. Brian McCann - C
6. Chris Johnson - 3B
7. Andrelton Simmons - SS
8. Elliot Johnson - 2B

Dodgers
1. Yasiel Puig - RF
2. Carl Crawford - LF
3. Adrian Gonzalez - 1B
4. Hanley Ramirez - SS
5. Mark Ellis - 2B
6. Juan Uribe - 3B
7. A.J. Ellis - C
8. Skip Schumaker - CF

Wilson's career numbers against the Braves:

0-2 with a 4.05 ERA in 12 appearances. 6 ER in 13.1 innings. 5 saves in 7 chances, including a blown save in Game 2 of the 2010 NLDS.

So after this season TBS and TNT will lose their broadcasting contract for the playoffs and next year they'll be on Fox Sports 1 right?

So after this season TBS and TNT will lose their broadcasting contract for the playoffs and next year they'll be on Fox Sports 1 right?

MLB signed extensions with ESPN. FOX, and TBS last season. TBS has postseason rights through 2021.

One of the rules of the new extension with FOX is that Saturday FOX games are no longer blacked out on MLB.TV as long as the game is not in someone's geographic blackout location.

well, the Yankee era is over (kinda was for a while but..)
with mariano and Andy retiring and Jeter a walking corpse this particular era is over.
now hopefully a new one will begin.

So would it be too much of a knee-jerk reaction on my part to begin assuming that Kemp is a former PED user? I mean... how else are we supposed to look at this now?

Malo

Banned
with mariano and Andy retiring and Jeter a walking corpse this particular era is over.
Our farm system was terrible this past season and with the $189 mill budget for 2014, I don't like their future. We're going to be bad,

CygnusXS

Are you comfortable with multiple years of losing, with the outcome being a restocked farm system?

Malo

Banned
Think Jeter might give up playing short and move to 1B or DH? What's the deal with Youkilis coming off of surgery.
Texieria will be back next season, so first base is out of the question, and he should play the majority at DH and some games here and there at SS. Yankees need to find a full time SS this upcoming off-season.

Youk was signed to a one year deal and he'll be a free agent. He won't be back.

Oue farm system was terrible this past season and with the $189 mill budget for 2014, I don't like their future. We're going to be bad,

can't be good forever.

Are you comfortable with multiple years of losing, with the outcome being a restocked farm system?

I am. unfortunately I do not own season tickets and many, many, many idiotic mouth breathing Yankee fans do and pressure from them may ( I say may) make the front office do rash decisions.

CygnusXS

I would be completely fine with this and the process shouldn't be as long for them since we have a shit ton of money.

The Cubs and Dodgers are already running the international market. If the Yankees started to invest at a similar rate... makes me kind of glad about the international spending pool limit.

Malo

Banned
The Cubs and Dodgers are already running the international market. If the Yankees started to invest at a similar rate... makes me kind of glad about the international spending pool limit.
That's one place they fucked up. They should have had IFA on lock before the limit was implemented.

2014 draft order:

1. Astros
2. Marlins
3. White Sox
4. Cubs
5. Twins
6. Mariners
7. Phillies
8. Rockies
9. Blue Jays
10. Mets
11. Blue Jays (compensation for failing to sign 2013 #10 pick Phil Bickford)
12. Brewers
13. Padres
14. Giants
15. Angels
16. Diamondbacks
17. Orioles
18. Yankees
19. Royals
20. Nationals
21. Reds
22. Rangers or Rays
23. Rangers or Rays