• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I wonder what people would say if one day, a player lost a limb in some freak accident. and through science he got a replacement prosthetic that actually worked a lot better than his old limb. would that be considered cheating then?

dmag1223

The local ratings are in the toilet nation-wide, but I don't know about the national ratings. That said, I'm sure more people are interested in baseball than fucking training camp. I'm not even talking about live games, just the amount of time spent with the talking heads

I think you'd be surprised. There is alot of baseball hate out there. I can't count the amount of times I hear the summer being called "the dark period" for sports, and about how they can't wait for "real sports" to start. Obviously, this is anecdotal, but I think the declining ratings for baseball kind of bare this out.

sangreal

wait, David Ortiz made a statement that its okay to do PEDs once but doing it more is a problem? lolololol

HAHAHA

edit: HAAHAHAHAHAHA

I think you'd be surprised. There is alot of baseball hate out there. I can't count the amount of times I hear the summer being called "the dark period" for sports, and about how they can't wait for "real sports" to start. Obviously, this is anecdotal, but I think the declining ratings for baseball kind of bare this out.

Americans are just getting more and more bloodthirsty and impatient. Baseball is a game about patience.

i watch more epl reruns than baseball nowadays, and thanks to nbcsports i can watch any epl game i want.

soccer will be #2 in this country after football prett soon. baseball has had a sure slide into irrelevance

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
OT3 - Fuck the Dodgers
fletch-new.gif

alstein

I wonder what people would say if one day, a player lost a limb in some freak accident. and through science he got a replacement prosthetic that actually worked a lot better than his old limb. would that be considered cheating then?

Folks made that argument about Pistorius.

yasielpuigadriangonzalfusa.gif

I just watched Dempster's hit on A-Rod. It took him 4 pitches to hit Alex, with two of them right at his body. He doesn't get thrown out for those pitches? What a joke. Girardi had every right to be pissed.

Strasburg got thrown out for less Saturday , though it was understandable given what had happened before in the last two series. That said, I'm kinda surprised A-Rod isn't screwed by the umpires every chance they get realistically from now on.

Talon

Strasburg got thrown out for less Saturday , though it was understandable given what had happened before in the last two series. That said, I'm kinda surprised A-Rod isn't screwed by the umpires every chance they get realistically from now on.
Strasburg already hit Upton squarely in the body in the first inning. Then he threw behind Simmons twice at an at bat.

I don't know in what world that constitutes as "less."

alstein

Strasburg already hit Upton squarely in the body in the first inning. Then he threw behind Simmons twice at an at bat.

I don't know in what world that constitutes as "less."

I really think something was wrong with him. I'm not buying it was intentional.

He plunked Upton- the Braves biggest name-value player.

One if he was going to go after someone else, the only argument I could make for Simmons is that he's the most important player the Braves have.

Two- none of those pitched looked that close to Simmons. If Strasburg wanted to hit Simmons- I'm sure he would have. It looked well behind, and he gave up a run due to this.

Talon

I really think something was wrong with him. I'm not buying it was intentional.

He plunked Upton- the Braves biggest name-value player.

One if he was going to go after someone else, the only argument I could make for Simmons is that he's the most important player the Braves have.

Two- none of those pitched looked that close to Simmons. If Strasburg wanted to hit Simmons- I'm sure he would have. It looked well behind, and he gave up a run due to this.
Intent doesn't really matter here (mostly because we can only divine it so much), we're going by action. He threw behind Simmons twice in the same at bat after already having hit an opposing batter.

I don't know how you can say both pitches weren't "that close." The second was definitely closer than the first.

alstein

yeah last one was close, but given the last two- I still don't think it was intentional. Not saying he didn't deserve to get tossed (if you're that wild you should be), but if you're throwing at someone, you don't really wanna be sneaky about it.

Top Bottom