• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

iel8v.png

nmQK3.png

And courtesy of Sanjuro:

oNTKw.jpg

EVERYONE:

Come join the MLB-Age IRC channel: Postseason Edition!

Mibbit Link: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-age&server=irc.wiicafe.com

Info for IRC clients:

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: X-Chat Aqua (highly recommend), Linkinus
Browser: http://mibbit.com (MLB-Age link above)

iOS: Colloquy, Rooms
ANDROID: andChat, AndroIRC

(If you need any help with any of the clients, PM me here on GAF and I’ll try to help you out.)

Come join the conversation! ...and don’t join for 2 seconds and leave. It’s IRC, you should leave it open for a few minutes and see what happens. While you’re watching the game on your laptop, just leave Mibbit open in another browser and check back from time to time. Or, have a tiny client running in the background while watching the game on TV.

Jangocube

Banned
Just glad to see Camden Yards filled with fans again.

Would love to see the O's carry through far into the playoffs though! Hopefully our high grit, swag, and magic ratings hold up into the playoffs.

rekameohs

Banned
O's over Rangers
O's over Yankees
A's over Tigers
O's over A's

Braves over Cardinals
Nats over Braves
Reds over Giants
Nats over Reds

O's over Nats

This is Birdland, bitch!

Go Yanks!

Gonna be pulling hard for the Braves on Friday.. don't want Chipper's career to end against some undeserving team in Bud's gimmick game. That and a Braves/Nats series would be hot stuff in this here thread, believe.

I don't watch that much regular season baseball, but a team winning a ton of games despite barely scoring more runs than their opponent like the Orioles did almost never happens, right? And does it say anything about whether they're a pretender in the playoffs or does margin not really matter in postseason prediction?

Meier

Re-posting from the other thread (r.e. Dickey over Kershaw for the Cy Young).

Heh, I like how we each think the other team's guy will win.

I think the allure of Dickey's win advantage is going to be too much for voters to ignore. I think Gio is a legitimate candidate as well TBH but he obviously won't win.

Kershaw really had a helluva lot of games he should have won that ended in NDs that I think will prevent him from winning it again. 5 games of 7+ IP where he gave up 1 run and 5 hits or less but received a ND.

clemenx

Banned
Let's go Yankees! Get Ichiro that ring.

I feel so dirty :(

If not, I wouldn't mind any AL team winning... Fuck NL teams, except for the Reds. They cool and I have a good feeling about them.

AL WC

O's over Rangers

ALDS

Tigres over A's

ALDS

Yankees over O's

ALCS

Yankees over Tigers

NL WC

Braves over Cards

NLDS

Reds over Giants

NLDS

Nats over Bravos

NLCS

Reds over Nats

WS

Reds over Yanquis.

Can't decide whether I want to root for Oakland or Detroit

Seeing the A's succeed is awesome to watch, although them winning it all might mean another Moneyball movie which I hated!

And then there's the Tigers and their success is the only shot I have at actually attending a World Series game if they make it that far (which in likelihood will not happen)

Decisions, decisions

I can't wait for my grades to plummet after watching the Yankees' 14-inning extravaganzas!

Go Tigers! I'm sure Miggy won't mind losing out on MVP. All his tears will be flushed away with champagne.

rekameohs

Banned
This has been a fantastic baseball season. If the Yankees win the World Series, it will have not been a fantastic baseball season.

Re-posting from the other thread (r.e. Dickey over Kershaw for the Cy Young).

I think the allure of Dickey's win advantage is going to be too much for voters to ignore. I think Gio is a legitimate candidate as well TBH but he obviously won't win.

Kershaw really had a helluva lot of games he should have won that ended in NDs that I think will prevent him from winning it again. 5 games of 7+ IP where he gave up 1 run and 5 hits or less but received a ND.

Just two years ago Felix beat out Sabathia for the Cy despite eight fewer wins and five more losses. It's certainly possible that Kershaw pulls it out, though my vote would go for Kimbrel if I had one. Kid was unreal this year.

dmag1223

ALDS:

Rangers over Yankees in 5
Tigers over A's in 4

NLDS:

Cardinals Over Nats in 5
Reds over Giants in 5

LCS:

Tigers over Rangers in 7
Reds over Cards in 6

World Series:

Reds over Tigers in 6

Yay playoff baseball!

McNei1y

Sanjuro, you drunk, drunk man. I love you. We both drink and play NHL!

Anyway's, I don't care about the rest: O's vs Nationals World Series with the Nationals winning in Game 7.

guncelebgifg0awh.gif

iVI072dxcMKLb.gif

ibeik9gxTCO6kf.gif

Top Bottom