• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

I think everyone should bet against the Yankees again. It worked all season when God tore his ACL, and when Arod and Tex were out, and when Andy broke his leg, and when Pineda's arm melted, and when Robbie succumbed to the Kansas City curse, and so on.

Yankees over Giants in 5 games for the World Series.

Girardi's going to have to change his jersey number again.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I was drunk last night while making that. Sober tonight.

Makes the Ron Washington picture even better.

Brinbe

Simply rooting for O's-Nats like everyone else. Seeing the Reds/A's in there wouldn't be too bad either.

Okay MLB-GAF, rank these historic baseball events that happened in your lifetime

Option 1: Red Sox win 1st World Series title since 1918
Option 2: White Sox win 1st World Series title since 1917
Option 3: Giants win 1st World Series since 1954 (when they were still the New York Giants)
Option 4: Miguel Cabrera becomes first Triple Crown winner since 1967

Sanjuro

Simply rooting for O's-Nats like everyone else. Seeing the Reds/A's in there wouldn't be too bad either.

i4J2LgtRuFZL3.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Okay MLB-GAF, rank these historic baseball events that happened in your lifetime
Option 3: Giants win 1st World Series since 1954 (when they were still the New York Giants) cheaters
Option 4: meh

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Option 3: Giants win 1st World Series since 1954 (when they were still the New York Giants) cheaters
Option 4: meh
Dat Defense

On MLB Network, Greg Amsinger is debating with Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac about the AL MVP. Amsinger is saying it's Trout and Reynolds and Plesac are saying Cabrera gets it because of the triple crown.

Amsinger asks "Do you both agree that team performance has something to do with this award?" Both agree. He says "Do you agree that Cabrera should get this award for the Tigers going to the postseason?" Both say it helps.

Amsinger says, "Well, by that logic, you both agree Trout should get it. The Angels finished with a better record. If the Angels played in the AL Central, they would have won the division by one game over the Tigers. How is it Mike Trout's fault for what division he plays in?"

Reynolds went on a rant about, "Hey, sometimes your teammates let you down" or whatever. Plesac was getting fucking pissed, lol. "You're just trying to stir stuff up. You were wrong in 2009 and I hope you're wrong now. Cabrera is the MVP. Triple crown. End of story."

Corran Horn

On MLB Network, Greg Amsinger is debating with Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac about the AL MVP. Amsinger is saying it's Trout and Reynolds and Plesac are saying Cabrera gets it because of the triple crown.

Amsinger asks "Do you both agree that team performance has something to do with this award?" Both agree. He says "Do you agree that Cabrera should get this award for the Tigers going to the postseason?" Both say it helps.

Amsinger says, "Well, by that logic, you both agree Trout should get it. The Angels finished with a better record. If the Angels played in the AL Central, they would have won the division by one game over the Tigers. How is it Mike Trout's fault for what division he plays in?"

Reynolds went on a rant about, "Hey, sometimes your teammates let you down" or whatever. Plesac was getting fucking pissed, lol. "You're just trying to stir stuff up. You were wrong in 2009 and I hope you're wrong now. Cabrera is the MVP. Triple crown. End of story."

Luckly its an easy choice for NL
HBZeB.jpg

Sanjuro

I thought the asterisk was for an unclean Colon.

I don't give a shit about players using drugs. Funny thing here is Oakland is doing the right thing by leaving Bartolo behind (Not sure if they would even be able to unless they are WS bound), while San Francisco are morons for keeping Melky off the postseason rooster.

zulux21

You weren't on the list! NOBODY was on the list. Only cuevas's head. I assume he is in jail by now.

oh I know about the list, I was around when the list was made but wasn't able to get on it :p
regardless I will always be a white sox fan during the regular season (and the post season if they make it)

now I am an O's, A's, tigers and Nats fan lol

Nah, I'm like Billy Joel: "They're always Lifelongers to me." (lol, I'm just kidding. I find the "lifelonger" hate to be a frustration-inducing hilarious concept)

They can claim they liked Oakland since Mike Moore was good;
They can boast that Baltimore was always their hood;
They can toast 'bonjour' to the Expos of past;
They may just be new members, but they're always lifelongers to GAF

They can display their goggles like Chris Sabo wore;
They can show you their photo with Maddux once more;
They sat in the old Busch Stadium with their dad;
They may post like The Frankman, but they're always lifelongers to GAF.

Oh, they take care of themselves
they can post if they want, been a fan all their life,
Oh, and they had an account
they never got in, approved just in time

They can show off a rare Paul O'Neill signed bat;
They have ticket stubs from when the Tigers were bad;
They idolized Arod when they were a lad;
And the most they will do is look down on you,
but they're always lifelongers to GAF.

zulux21

Rest who the hell cares. baseball champions every year, Triple crown once in 47 years.
before that triple crown it was only 1 year which makes it way more frequent then the Sox (red or white) winning chapionships from 1917-2005 :p
plus technically there was a triple crown last year... it was just for pitching :p

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

Rest who the hell cares. baseball champions every year, Triple crown once in 47 years.
And I'm sure Tigers fans will remember fondly the year they were unceremoniously bounced out of the playoffs after barely winning a shitty division with a $130 million payroll in which an asshole drunk had a good season at the plate.

Fuck the Giants.

GO FIGHTIN' SHOWALTERS!!!!!!

HarryDemeanor's 2012 MLB Playoff Predictions

AL Wild Card:
Fightin' Showalters over Rangers.

ALDS:
Fightin' Showalters over Yankees.
Tigers over A's.

ALCS:
Fightin' Showalters over Tigers.

NL Wild Card:
Braves over Cardinals.

NLDS:
Nationals over Braves.
Reds over Giants.

NLCS:
Nationals over Reds.

World Series:
Fightin' Showalters over Nationals.

Sanjuro

And I'm sure Tigers fans will remember fondly the year they were unceremoniously bounced out of the playoffs after barely winning a shitty division with a $130 million payroll in which an asshole drunk had a good season at the plate.

What!? Harold Reynolds told me they were the best playoff team in the AL!

Corran Horn

Curious to see how our starting pitching will be this postseason. Im still shocked Zito got 15 wins this season. He should win cy young just because of that alone...lol

Top Bottom