• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

zulux21

Just hit me again: the fucking A's won the division.
im still stuck on
dropilton.gif

jog_hamilton.gif

just remembering it gives me a good laugh.

man no one cares about the white sox lol

oh well :p

zulux21

That trot back is what makes it.

I want to know what he was looking at... as he is clearly looking to the right of the ball and not the ball...

I know errors happen... but his response is absolutely uncaring that he missed the ball which is mind boggling for a guy playing in a game that determines if his team wins the division or not.

McNei1y

I want to know what he was looking at... as he is clearly looking to the right of the ball and not the ball...

I know errors happen... but his response is absolutely uncaring that he missed the ball which is mind boggling for a guy playing in a game that determines if his team wins the division or not.

Maybe he's looking at the RF?

Being in Michigan, it's amusing to put on my Facebook "I still say Trout should get MVP" and seeing people's heads explode like a popped pimple.

zulux21

Maybe he's looking at the RF?
that's possible, but why would you be looking at the RF during that play... though I suppose the RF could be screaming stuff about how stupid he was that he missed that ball and he was glaring at him lol
I wonder where his 2012 destination is going to be. Don't want any part of his cancer at Fenway.

most likely places to me for josh next season to me would be the red sox (to replace crawford), the rangers (to obviously replace himself), or the cubs (they love to sign players at the end of their prime to long contracts... though maybe that will have changed with the new owners)

McNei1y

that's possible, but why would you be looking at the RF during that play... though I suppose the RF could be screaming stuff about how stupid he was that he missed that ball and he was glaring at him lol

I was thinking more along the lines of the RF hustling his ass off to pick up that ball and Hamilton just happens to see him in the corner of his eye but I like your reasoning better.

MonkeyDKenshin

Neo Member
Was at the game in the Bronx tonight and Monday. I've been to 8 games during the last month stretch run and after stressful game after stressful game, it was unbelievably relieving to be able to relax and watch them clobber a minor league team.

Say what you want about the Yankees' spending habits, they had to go through a lot this season and still came out on top. #28 here we go.

Oh and on an unrelated note: Trout for MVP. Triple Crown's great and all, but it's not the be all end all. Trout was easily the better all-around player this season, racking up a flat out stupid 10.3 fWAR (higher after game 162, hasn't updated). The post-season argument will always be present, but in this case it's just ridiculous. The Angels had a better season than the Tigers, including the best record in the AL since Trout was called up, and were just unfortunate to be in a good division, unlike the Tigers. On the other hand, Cabrera was robbed by his own teammate last year and arguably should have also won in 2010, so I guess I am ok with him finally winning it... as long as Trout and Robbie Cano follow right behind him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
That news from Pat Neshek absolutely crushed me. He's a great guy, and he was one of my favorite Twins. The Twins did him fucking dirty. Even with all the terrible shit Smith did to their roster, the way he treated Neshek is one of the things I hated the absolute most that he did. I was glad to see him make it back, and be good.

He and his wife are definitely in my thoughts.

Press is already writing us off. We have the MVPosey on our side. Fucking bring your A game Cinncy. We know what it takes to win.

MonkeyDKenshin

Neo Member
Being in Michigan, it's amusing to put on my Facebook "I still say Trout should get MVP" and seeing people's heads explode like a popped pimple.

Simple fact of the matter is you're right. I don't know how much people here buy into advanced stats, but if you put any stock into WAR, Trout was worth a full 3 more wins for his team than Cabrera in a month's time less. Should be a no brainer, but people can't look beyond the Triple Crown.

Simple fact of the matter is you're right. I don't know how much people here buy into advanced stats, but if you put any stock into WAR, Trout was worth a full 3 more wins for his team than Cabrera in a month's time less. Should be a no brainer, but people can't look beyond the Triple Crown.

That and I'd take a triple crown over an MVP award any day. So everyone can be happy! =P

zulux21

That and I'd take a triple crown over an MVP award any day. So everyone can be happy! =P

if you want everyone to be happy then
miggy- triple crown
trout- ROTY
Cano-MVP?

I think the A's can get to the World Series as long as they don't face the Yankees :p.

yankees are hands down the team I wanted to face if the white sox made the playoffs lol
Texas was right up there as well they were pretty easy for the white sox to beat this year lol
O's A's would not be my ideal first choice for post season opponent... but alas my white sox aren't there which for next season might be a plus since Konerko is getting surgery tomorrow lol

Sanjuro

I don't see the need on bringing back John Farrell. Denial or not, I see Jason Varitek being a viable option for manager.

Malo

Banned
Was at the game in the Bronx tonight and Monday. I've been to 8 games during the last month stretch run and after stressful game after stressful game, it was unbelievably relieving to be able to relax and watch them clobber a minor league team.

Say what you want about the Yankees' spending habits, they had to go through a lot this season and still came out on top. #28 here we go.

Oh and on an unrelated note: Trout for MVP. Triple Crown's great and all, but it's not the be all end all. Trout was easily the better all-around player this season, racking up a flat out stupid 10.3 fWAR (higher after game 162, hasn't updated). The post-season argument will always be present, but in this case it's just ridiculous. The Angels had a better season than the Tigers, including the best record in the AL since Trout was called up, and were just unfortunate to be in a good division, unlike the Tigers. On the other hand, Cabrera was robbed by his own teammate last year and arguably should have also won in 2010, so I guess I am ok with him finally winning it... as long as Trout and Robbie Cano follow right behind him.
Welcome to the yankees council, friend.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I still want Bobby back. Fuck the Pink-Hats.
I don't care for his bullpen management. just from the other day, bringing in Bailey vs. all the LHBs? He seems to be stuck in the mentality that the 9th = closer etc.. (although a lot of managers are)

zulux21

A Yankee's fan happy? What is this nonsense, leave. Obviously Hamilton for MVP. That trot me did today moved mountains.

:p Cano just happened to be the first person I thought of... I mean given the debates going around I can't imagine MVP going to anyone but miggy or trout lol

also please tell me you weren't implying I was a yankee's fan with "A Yankee's fan happy?" :p

MonkeyDKenshin

Neo Member
if you want everyone to be happy then
miggy- triple crown
trout- ROTY
Cano-MVP?

Honestly if we go off of WAR like I have been, Cano actually should win over Miggy... The fact is Trout should beat both, screw making everyone happy. Cano had a career year and as a Yankees fan I would love to say that he should win MVP, but the season Trout had was just unreal. More valuable than 5 of Babe Ruth's seasons with the Yankees. He essentially had a Ruthian season. That's insanity.

Sanjuro

I don't care for his bullpen management. just from the other day, bringing in Bailey vs. all the LHBs? He seems to be stuck in the mentality that the 9th = closer etc.. (although a lot of managers are)

That was kind of weird, but at that stage of the game he isn't going to micro manage. I actually enjoyed his managing style more than Francona. He still had a NL mentality, but it worked in most cases...before the pitchers bled runs.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Honestly if we go off of WAR like I have been, Cano actually should win over Miggy... The fact is Trout should beat both, screw making everyone happy. Cano had a career year and as a Yankees fan I would love to say that he should win MVP, but the season Trout had was just unreal. More valuable than 5 of Babe Ruth's seasons with the Yankees. He essentially had a Ruthian season. That's insanity.
Cano and Cabrera are too close in fWAR to mean anything. Cabrera leads in batting and Cano's numbers are propped up by defense and UZR has never liked him before this season. I'd go with Cabrera on this one.
That was kind of weird, but at that stage of the game he isn't going to micro manage. I actually enjoyed his managing style more than Francona. He still had a NL mentality, but it worked in most cases...before the pitchers bled runs.
I honestly didn't watch the red sox enough to really judge him, but just from that instance alone I know I would be complaining about him if he were managing the braves lol.

Top Bottom