• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX 2014 Sale (Transistor, Child of Light, Beyond Two Souls, Pixeljunk, more)

Toki767

The banner says 60% off PAX sale, and up to 80% off for Plus members. I'd hold off on these games for now....I don't think these are final prices.

uRKuOVm.png

Up to. Not everything is at least 60% off.

Bound by Flame is $25. I might ge--HOLD THE FUCK UP!!!

Danganronpa is $20!?!? SOLD!

I just preordered Goodbye Despair last night. This is fucking awesome.

Toki767

But nothing is. And nothing is even close to 80%. If these prices are final, they should be saying up to 50% off.

Tiny Brains is regularly $20 (maybe $15?) on PS4 isn't it? It's currently $5 as part of the sale. That's 75% (maybe 66%) off. Even without the extra PS+ discount.

Was hoping Transistor would be $10...ah well, guess i'll wait until it hits plus since I can't figure out if i'll like it or not by watching gameplay.

dkopman1

Neo Member
Agh I don't know which to buy Transistor on sale or the newly released Infamous: First Light I only have enough time and money for one. I figure First Light will go on sale by the end of this year but I really loved the gameplay of Second Son. But Transistor looks like an amazing game as well truly a dilemma if I ever saw one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
10% off on the hot ticket items is such a joke. Got myself all excited over the weekend for nothing.

It's not just 10% you know that right? Transistor is marked down from $19.99 to $14.99. PS+ gets an additional 10% off. $14.99 isn't the MSRP.

Toki767

Agh I don't know which to buy Transistor on sale or the newly released Infamous: First Light I only have enough time and money for one. I figure First Light will go on sale by the end of this year but I really loved the gameplay of Second Son. But Transistor looks like an amazing game as well truly a dilemma if I ever saw one.

Transistor will probably also be on sale for cheaper by the end of this year too. Not that that helps with your dilemma. :p

SerTapTap

It's not just 10% you know that right? Transistor is marked down from $19.99 to $14.99. PS+ gets an additional 10% off. $14.99 isn't the MSRP.

PSN does an awful job of indicating discount for non-PS+ sales. I never have any idea WTF the discount is

Cess007

I was confused as well. I though the 10% was off from the regular price, but now i get is 10% off from the sale price already. Hm, not so bad then.

Gxgear

Wait, that game was $20? Ouch. I might give it more thought then, so not spending that much.

That works out to 1/3 off, hmmm.

Jb

Missed out on Don't Starve when it was on PS+, I'll gladly buy it now I know it'll also come out on Vita soon. Awesome :)

SaintR

Transistor is really good ladies and gents. You will not be disappointed in spending your hard earned cash on it.

AHHHHHHHHGH!, you goddamn yanks don't know how good you've got it. I've been waiting on a sale for Danganronpa since the dawn of time, but the price for it refuses to budge over here. I mean, it will not go below £30. And now you guys can buy it for a measly 20 dorrars. That's like, what... 12 quid? Cheap! Cheap as hell!!!

Fuck you Sony for refusing to allow multiple accounts on the Vita.

jcm

Is there any chance I'll like Child of Light if I didn't like the demo? Is it actually representative of the game?

Transistor is a great title. For everyone wondering how it plays, it plays like diablo, it's an isometric hack & slash with stop time type power. Visually it's way prettier than diablo in it's own unique world.

In fact now I want a diablo that looks good as transistor. Loot would look amazing in transistor. Can u tell I've been playing a lot of diablo 3 this week? However transistor is not a long game but it is in my top 5 games I've played this year

Darknight

Bit trip runner 2 worth it for Vita? Is this the cheapest its been?

Also Don't Stave PS3 copy will unlock the Vita version down the road with with the Giants DLC on it already?

Jimrpg

AHHHHHHHHGH!, you goddamn yanks don't know how good you've got it. I've been waiting on a sale for Danganronpa since the dawn of time, but the price for it refuses to budge over here. I mean, it will not go below £30. And now you guys can buy it for a measly 20 dorrars. That's like, what... 12 quid? Cheap! Cheap as hell!!!

Fuck you Sony for refusing to allow multiple accounts on the Vita.

Get two memory cards and u can have a different account on each. That's what I did. Yeah it's super annoying to change the memory card, but then u do get to participate in both sets of sales :)

Jimrpg

So danganronpa I've had my eye on that for a while. But the game on sale is the first one -And the sequel is out next month?

But japan have both games in the same vita cartridge? Any chance that will come to the west? I'd rather get it like that. I assume the Japanese version doesn't have English subtitles?

So danganronpa I've had my eye on that for a while. But the game on sale is the first one -And the sequel is out next month?

But japan have both games in the same vita cartridge? Any chance that will come to the west? I'd rather get it like that. I assume the Japanese version doesn't have English subtitles?

The English versions are the Vita versions. Danganronpa and 2 were originally PSP games, but they got a collection version with extras and stuff. When NISA brought them over, they split the collection version in two and released the games separately. It's understandable since neither game was released here before, and localizing them is a lot of work being text-heavy games and whatnot.

So unless 2 sells way more than any Vita game in the west has sold before, I highly doubt they'll repackage them in a collection version. Just jump on the deal while it lasts.

krpiper

Whats the consensus on don't starve? and if I buy it on the PS4 I will get the DLC and the Vita copy when that comes out next week?

Whats the consensus on don't starve? and if I buy it on the PS4 I will get the DLC and the Vita copy when that comes out next week?

Awesome game. You will get the Vita version regardless of buying the DLC on PS4, you just need the base game for that.

Having said that, buy the PS4 DLC anyway.

Jimrpg

The English versions are the Vita versions. Danganronpa and 2 were originally PSP games, but they got a collection version with extras and stuff. When NISA brought them over, they split the collection version in two and released the games separately. It's understandable since neither game was released here before, and localizing them is a lot of work being text-heavy games and whatnot.

So unless 2 sells way more than any Vita game in the west has sold before, I highly doubt they'll repackage them in a collection version. Just jump on the deal while it lasts.

Sweet! As someone who has an AU and US account this is probably the lowest I've seen so far for this game.

i-Jest

Strike Suite Zero's looking pretty good for that price. Might just bite. How is it though? Will a Robotech fan enjoy it? As for Child of Light, Transistor, and Don't Starve, might just continue playing the waiting game.

Top Bottom