• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX 2014 Sale (Transistor, Child of Light, Beyond Two Souls, Pixeljunk, more)

ZeroX03

Banned
Child of Light not low enough... especially since it's a prime candidate for a PS4 Plus game.

Ratchet Nexus, maybe.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Truly some powerful hyperbole going on here... Have about 10 hours in so far and it's already a ton better than Symphony. Music isn't outstanding, but it's passable. The only real thing I dislike is the fact that there doesn't seem to be a big open world. Instead everything is focused tightly on one little corner. It feels like you're handling border disputes and and political bickering instead of going off and saving the world.

Its not hyperbole. The music is awful. The dungeons are incredibly boring and feature tons of palette swapped monsters and palette swapped environments. You march back and forth to lhant at least five times in the first 10 hours of the game. The characters? I can't. Uniformly awful. Assbell the retarded, Richard the docuhe, cheria the obvious animumu jail bait, Sophie the...fucking weird thing...

Symphonia is also not good.

Dear god I have no idea why I play these games.

lt519

Eh, I have too much to play right now for Transistor. I want it but I can wait to see if it's free for PS+ soon or just buy it in 5-6 months for full price when I have time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Disagree re: Graces, it's pretty good. Music's weak and so are Asbel and Cheria but the rest of the characters are fine. Future arc skits are great. Gameplay is fantastic. Skippable cutscenes too, so you can just go straight to the best battle system in the series. Can change battle music too. Dungeons + asset reuse was far worse in Xillia. At least you could differentiate each area in Graces. Backtracking is an issue I guess, but Lhant felt like a 'Hub town'. Once you get fast travel you just go for story.

Easily worth $10. I paid full price and managed to play through twice (more than I can say for Xillia so far).

i-Jest

Strike Suite Zero's looking pretty good for that price. Might just bite. How is it though? Will a Robotech fan enjoy it? As for Child of Light, Transistor, and Don't Starve, might just continue playing the waiting game.

GAF. What say you?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Its not hyperbole. The music is awful. The dungeons are incredibly boring and feature tons of palette swapped monsters and palette swapped environments. You march back and forth to lhant at least five times in the first 10 hours of the game. The characters? I can't. Uniformly awful. Assbell the retarded, Richard the docuhe, cheria the obvious animumu jail bait, Sophie the...fucking weird thing...

Symphonia is also not good.

Dear god I have no idea why I play these games.

At least Graces f has a nice battle system?

MrBS

Hmm.... I think I'll wait for Beyond to go cheaper. Hold out a bit longer to see if the PS4 rumour amounts to anything.

Phreak47

Was hoping they'd put CODG PS4 version on sale, I might have considered picking it up on the cheap. Everything in the sale was for PS3 except the season pass.

Arthos

That Olli Olli price is not even a discount, at least the Vita version. Sucks. :(

Anything worth getting on the Vita?

Shinta

Banned
How much content does Trials have without the expansions? I don't really want to get the DLC stuff.

I'm sitting on the PSN store at the moment waiting for some feedback!

Anyone played through Trials? Is it worth it if I skip the DLC? How is the DLC so far?

I'm sitting on the PSN store at the moment waiting for some feedback!

Anyone played through Trials? Is it worth it if I skip the DLC? How is the DLC so far?

I thought there was lots of Trials to play, pretty fun game. I didn't play the other ones, for reference sake.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Disagree re: Graces, it's pretty good. Music's weak and so are Asbel and Cheria but the rest of the characters are fine. Future arc skits are great. Gameplay is fantastic. Skippable cutscenes too, so you can just go straight to the best battle system in the series. Can change battle music too. Dungeons + asset reuse was far worse in Xillia. At least you could differentiate each area in Graces. Backtracking is an issue I guess, but Lhant felt like a 'Hub town'. Once you get fast travel you just go for story.

Easily worth $10. I paid full price and managed to play through twice (more than I can say for Xillia so far).

I wouldn't compare it to xilia considering most people think that game is egregious with its content reuse. Better than a criminal offender doesn't mean much IMO.

sikkinixx

Snagged a Child of Light since I had $5 in credit on my account anyway. It was a toss up between that and Transistor but I wasn't HUGE on Bastion and since Transistor from most accounts isn't as good as that I figured it can wait for another sale.

BadHand

I'm flip-flopping over whether I should buy transistor.

On one hand it looks awesome and on the other hand I have a huge backlog of other good games I want to play.

Grimsen

On one hand it looks awesome and on the other hand I have a huge backlog of other good games I want to play.

I'm in the same boat, and decided to bet on it being a PS+ freebie in the future.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Looking to buy Transistor, and it's saying I'm adding the Transistor Digital Pre-Order to my cart... is that right?

Seems odd for it to still be doing that 3 months after release.

Kinda on the same both with this. But I think if I'm not going to play it now I shouldn't buy it. It will get cheaper or be on PS+.

Top Bottom