• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Champion Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

Is flat-Earth believer more harmful than religious people?

What is the issue other than being stupid on this specific thing?
"Religious people" is far too big of a net to cast. There are plenty of specific religious beliefs that I think are dumb, but many aren't dumb in my view. Even in the belief in a higher power cannot be refuted the same way that a flat Earth can be.

Do these people not look up to the sky and see those two big fucking spheres out there called the moon and the sun? I mean seriously.... come on....

Saying these people are dumb as rocks is insulting to the rocks.

"Religious people" is far too big of a net to cast. There are plenty of specific religious beliefs that I think are dumb, but many aren't dumb in my view. Even in the belief in a higher power cannot be refuted the same way that a flat Earth can be.

I believe the higher power is an AI that is perpetually running a simulation and we are all part of it. I'm not sure why this is but i think AI was created by a form of US trillions of years ago and they all died out but AI survived and is alone and wants to know why its creators ceased to exist and how to bring them back.

How do flat-earthers explain flying over these "ice walls". or has one on the planet ever done it apparently. Also, flying East or West and to get to the same place

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
He gets paid to put a ball in a metal circle professionally.

I do not expect him to understand much else.

I respect an athlete for his abilities and skills, but then some of them start talking... and I don't care how good your skills are, you're an idiot.
Ah yes, the hallowed Basketball Ring.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He gets paid to put a ball in a metal circle professionally.

I do not expect him to understand much else.

I respect an athlete for his abilities and skills, but then some of them start talking... and I don't care how good your skills are, you're an idiot.

This... This is just so.... Just so stupid.

Yeah. I agree.

What I was trying to ask was whether there is more than "lol this guy is dumb". He isn't doing anyone else harm for believing in some conspiracy theory, especially this one. He even gave us some good laugh today.

The fuck is with celebrities and flat earth shit?

You that bored?

A lot of celebrities are scientologists or believe in Illuminati BS - it only takes a mind to be ignorant enough to believe something like this.

It happens to all of us and if we live in a bubble, it'll remain true.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
yup.. looks flat to me

/smh

That's because it's a disk like this.

rsjmXg3.jpg

bosseye

Flat would be pretty easy to conclusively prove wouldn't it? Just travel in a straight line until you hit the edge. Take photos/video. Profit.

McLovin

You would think that the fact that there no footage or pictures of flat earth and only photoshops would be a huge red flags to these people.

Wolfe

Not arguing the earth is flat at all, but isn't this false? The way the horizon looks is more of an optical illusion.

So a ship moving out of line of sight due to the curvature of the earth is now an optical illusion? Or did you misunderstand and think he was talking about the horizon itself?

So a ship moving out of line of sight due to the curvature of the earth is now an optical illusion? Or did you misunderstand and think he was talking about the horizon itself?
I would assume the earth is far too large for us to see the point a ship gets far enough for it to disappear over the horizon, even with binoculars. The ship would probably get out of view first just by becoming too small to see or getting obscured by mist.

Here's the illusion that's being referred to I think: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)

I see that this is getting a lot of play on my feed lately, like someone saying something dumb is supposed to be some sort of shock.

We elected #45. I'm giving Americans a side-eye for the next four years any time they try to shame someone for saying or doing something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom