• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playgrounds |OT| More entertaining & less predicable than the NBA play-offs!

News is up. Switch owners get Shaq Fu for free in the fall. No estimate on when the first patch or online will arrive. I'm so frustrated with these developers who just seem to be stringing people along.

Wheres the link? lol

Honestly though If i could get a refund I would but ive had the game far too long and Nintendo Denied me. I really dont appreciate how the developers are stringing us along.
Last game I buy day one from this developer.

This has nothing to do with NBA Playgrounds!!! A new game yet no info on NBA Playgrounds. lol

Same here. How do I get a refund from Nintendo?

You can but would have to call them. They will check your purchase date and hours played. If it goes over a certain amount they will refuse to refund you.

EDarkness

Ha, ha!! This is flat out insanity. How the hell is it taking them this long to get this patch out? Hell, Minecraft has been patched twice already and it came out later. There's something messed up with these guys and I guess I'll be saving my money because they're pretty terrible. They should have never launched the game without all versions being the same. I feel sorry for the folks who picked this up on the NS.

F34R

If you don't wanna click on the FB link:

LETTER FROM MATTHEW KARCH, CEO OF SABER

We love our players. The passion we see from streamers. The interaction and dialog we have on Facebook. The back and forth Tweets… We love it. We’re a small team and we’ve worked hard to deliver the best bang for buck we possibly could with NBA Playgrounds. We took arcade 2v2 basketball back from the dead and we crammed as much fun into a $20 game as humanly possible.

Right away, you let us know what you wanted – what our launch was missing. So we improved. We added friends, online tournaments, reworked shot mechanics, new players, and endless performance and balance changes. We’re committed to making the game better and better. And we’re already working on the next round of feedback.

But for our Switch players, still awaiting online play – and believe us, it’s coming soon – we can do more. Our Nintendo fans were left without online play and though the fix is done and going through the final motions, we can still do something nice. Something big. Something free.

It’s good to be independent because no one sense checks our crazy when we look to reward a portion of our supportive, patient playerbase with something truly insane, like a free game.
It’s with tremendous thanks and appreciation to our Nintendo fans who are still waiting online play that we offer you an entirely new game absolutely free. That’s right, we’re giving away a copy of Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn for Switch to every Nintendo NBA Playgrounds player who has been patiently awaiting the first patch.

Please note that restrictions do apply. We are still working with our partners to determine exactly how NBA Playgrounds players will receive their free copy of Shaq Fu when it releases this Fall, but if you bought or buy in to NBA Playgrounds before the patch hits, you’re getting a free copy of Shaq Fu. Why? Like we said at the beginning, we love our players and we’re always going to work to do right by them.

In a sense, I'd rather have the update.
But a free game is a free game.
And if the update comes within a week, it's a dam good deal.
Hopefully Shaq Fu is decent.

I'm super glad the announcement was to let us know the $20 piece of software I bought three weeks ago is still functionally worthless to me.

Sure you do. Just call them up and tell them, and the reason.

This has nothing to do with NBA Playgrounds!!! A few game yet no info on NBA Playgrounds. lol

You can but would have to call them. They will check your purchase date and hours played. If it goes over a certain amount they will refuse to refund you.

I've refunded software, I don't see the problem or why you're making such statements.
What info do they need from me?

arimanius

Sure you do. Just call them up and tell them, and the reason.

I've refunded software, I don't see the problem or why you're making such statements.

It was easy.

Most recent case was when my little cousin bought the wrong game digitally. I called them up, told them what the mistake was, and was refunded. Didn't take much because he'd not even used it and it was an easy case.

This is what they told me when I called last week. They stated they don't do refunds on accidental purchases or not liking a game and since I'm not liking the game because there's no online play there's no refunds. I stated this was more of a case of them not delivery what they stated but they weren't having any of it. Again good luck on getting refund. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Moondrop

Banned
An announcement... to tease an announcement... of a promise of future Shaq Fu.

Bonus points for using programming failures as a marketing ploy. These devs are quite skilled at business, at least.

fernoca

Huh! Guess I was a bit right in them giving away something. XD

Not bad. Hopefully the patch will release sooner rather than later.

In a way, this also alludes to the Switch version selling quite well, since they wouldn't even bother in talking about it much less giving away a free game if it wasn't.

EDarkness

In a way, this also alludes to the Switch version selling quite well, since they wouldn't even bother in talking about it much less giving away a free game if it wasn't.

It's been number 2 on the U.S. eShop charts since it's been out. Only recently has it dropped and I wouldn't doubt it has a lot to do with the lack of features and online play not coming yet. I personally held off getting the game (got Thumper instead) in order to take a wait and see approach.

I still don't understand why they're having such a hard time patching the game. Games on the NS have gotten patches fast. As I said before, Minecraft has been patched twice so far.

bumpkin

I don't care about online. But I'm not playing it again until rumble is fixed.
Not to be that guy, but it takes all of five seconds to turn rumble off in the System settings before playing. That's what I do at least.

I wish their announcement was that the patch would be out in the next 24 hours, but a free game is cool I guess.

ksamedi

Its been consistenly in the top 3 digital charts since release and dropped the last few days but sf2 and other games released that obviously will do better near release. I suspect it will have long legs though, if they fix everything pfcourse.

I wish their announcement was that the patch would be out in the next 24 hours, but a free game is cool I guess.
I'd rather have the patch now instead of the free game announcement but obviously the latter is a good deal.
I think they're a decent developer, just with shitty messaging.

Z_Y

Any good? Is it anything like NBA Street Vol2?

Hestonlaugh.gif

Man...what I wouldn't give for Street Vol.2 remaster. I need to just bite the bullet and pick up a copy for the OG Xbox.

Chitown B

Not to be that guy, but it takes all of five seconds to turn rumble off in the System settings before playing. That's what I do at least.

What if I want rumble but not the messed up version?

Giolon

I'm not really sure what the outrage is. The online patch is delayed, so as compensation they're going to give out a free game.

I've seen countless major updates be delayed and then no compensation is given. What's the problem exactly other than being impatient for online multiplayer?

I'm not really sure what the outrage is. The online patch is delayed, so as compensation they're going to give out a free game.

I've seen countless major updates be delayed and then no compensation is given. What's the problem exactly other than being impatient for online multiplayer?

Because the missing online is not the only problem with the game.

I don't want some other fucking game in 6 months, I want the game I have now to work like it does on the other consoles.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

There's much more than adding to online mode that needs to be patched.

I was considering picking this on switch few days ago. Glad that I checked the thread. Any downsides other than online play?

Honestly it's just a bad game that was clearly made by people who have no idea about anything basketball related other than that they played NBA jam once.

DONT BUY

I was considering picking this on switch few days ago. Glad that I checked the thread. Any downsides other than online play?
Low resolution in portable mode(already "fixed" in the impending patch) but no, not really.
People took issue with the shooting as there wasn't a timing meter and other nitpicks like that that were also addressed in the upcoming patch.
Basically, it's a really fun game that's going to get even better as they plan a LOT of postgame support.
If interested, grab it within a few days as the patch supposedly is right around the corner.
If you get it after the patch, the free game(due in the Fall) is not part of the deal.

w0s

Dirk and magic are giving me fits. Hard when they make so many shots and dirk is a blocking king. Loving it though.

Last time I ever buy a title day one from these devs or possibly the last title at all. Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn? cool. I didn't buy a fighting game, I bought a fucking basketball game. I'd rather have the online I paid $20 dollars for.

jwk94

Seeing all this negative press just makes me want 3on3 FreeStyle on Switch even more. That said, I'll probably pick this up once that patch hits. People seem to enjoy it.

Top Bottom