• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playgrounds |OT| More entertaining & less predicable than the NBA play-offs!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Game is too hard now. Can;t beat Magic/Dirk in NY.

Playing as Shaq and Dell Curry. 3 perfect 3's (centre of the green zone, which is tough) and all 3 missed. Really frustrating when the CPU then throws up prayers that hit.

I think I'm done with this game.

Plus my Pro is starting to shut itself down randomly...

bumpkin

Manute Bol, Muggsy Bogues, Yao YO this game is dope

Seattle Sonics added and 4 more tournys

Man Switch better get all this in the first patch wow
Pretty much. I stopped playing the game a week or two ago because I was done with the tourneys and was getting bored of grinding.

Effect

Yeah I removed this from my wishlist and not going to bother anymore. Sorry for those that bought the Switch version. :( I hope those that tried for refunds were able to get them.

Yeah I removed this from my wishlist and not going to bother anymore. Sorry for those that bought the Switch version. :( I hope those that tried for refunds were able to get them.
The patch has been sent to Nintendo at least two weeks ago. They claim that it will slash the file size in half, improve the resolutions and add the online mode.
They gave away their remake/sequel of Shaq Fu that is getting released later in the year to every Switch user who bought the game before the patch is made available by Nintendo.
Yes, the launch was fucked up but they seem to be making an effort to make up to people but right now the launch date of the patch is out of their hands.

Wasp14

The patch has been sent to Nintendo at least two weeks ago. They claim that it will slash the file size in half, improve the resolutions and add the online mode.
They gave away their remake/sequel of Shaq Fu that is getting released later in the year to every Switch user who bought the game before the patch is made available by Nintendo.
Yes, the launch was fucked up but they seem to be making an effort to make up to people but right now the launch date of the patch is out of their hands.

I don't believe them anymore, they have zero credibility. It's very likely their patch is being rejected by Nintendo for various reasons and they're not telling people. It's hard to believe Nintendo's just sitting on it when many other games are getting their patches out in a timely manner. This reminds me of someone who borrows money and says "I'll pay you back tomorrow" for months.

Also, the devs are already using weaselly wording about Shaq-Fu so we'll see if that even ends up happening.

jmizzal

I don't believe them anymore, they have zero credibility. It's very likely their patch is being rejected by Nintendo for various reasons and they're not telling people. It's hard to believe Nintendo's just sitting on it when many other games are getting their patches out in a timely manner. This reminds me of someone who borrows money and says "I'll pay you back tomorrow" for months.

Also, the devs are already using weaselly wording about Shaq-Fu so we'll see if that even ends up happening.

Xbox one has not got the patch yet either, only difference is Xbox one version came with online

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wish I had the patience to not spend money on that game on launch day :(

What a mess.

Berg

Can't wait for switch online! Been waiting forever!
Should be good timing if it's next week, might need a break from arms by then.

deadfolk

I have to have some sympathy with these guys. They have updated the other platforms and they are clearly not sitting around scratching their arses.

I've been through platform cert on a new (actually unreleased at the time) platform, albeit not a Nintendo one, so I know how painful it can be at the best of times.

I'm pretty sure that there's something causing a holdup here that isn't necessarily just their fault and they don't want to (and probably are forbidden contractually from) badmouth Nintendo.

TFW when "a few days after launch" becomes a few months...

Glad I held off on this, I can't trust devs when they promise upcoming features. Release your game in a fully functioning state, then I'll consider a purchase.

EDarkness

I have to have some sympathy with these guys. They have updated the other platforms and they are clearly not sitting around scratching their arses.

I've been through platform cert on a new (actually unreleased at the time) platform, albeit not a Nintendo one, so I know how painful it can be at the best of times.

I'm pretty sure that there's something causing a holdup here that isn't necessarily just their fault and they don't want to (and probably are forbidden contractually from) badmouth Nintendo.

Other companies have patched multiple times already. LEGO City has had multiple patches, same with Minecraft and others. Not saying that Nintendo are blameless here, but there's obviously something wrong with how they're doing things that's causing problems. There really shouldn't have taken this long to get ONE patch out. Players have supported them and the game has been one of the top 3 best sellers on the system since it was released, but I kinda feel like they're not being 100% truthful about what's going on.

deadfolk

Other companies have patched multiple times already. LEGO City has had multiple patches, same with Minecraft and others. Not saying that Nintendo are blameless here, but there's obviously something wrong with how they're doing things that's causing problems. There really shouldn't have taken this long to get ONE patch out. Players have supported them and the game has been one of the top 3 best sellers on the system since it was released, but I kinda feel like they're not being 100% truthful about what's going on.

I don't disagree with anything you say. I'm just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt a little more. No, they are certainly not being 100% truthful, but I expect that is down to NDA as opposed to wanting to deceive their customers.

bumpkin

EA is crazy not to port nba jam on fire, I don't want this shite.
I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it shite, Playgrounds is actually pretty fun. But I do agree that EA not porting OFE are leaving money on the table. You only need a control stick and three buttons for Jam, and the single Joy-Con has that covered. Not to mention that Jam was ported to the Nvidia Shield which is basically the Switch hardware.

Sh0k

They've updated that game multiple times on other platforms. I wonder what specifically is holding them up on the Switch.

My guess is since they mentioned it a couple of times is the size of the patch, I believe the first patch for the PC and for PS4 was around 3GBs? Maybe Nintendo has an strict max size for their patches. Other thing can be that the patch broke the whole game and they don't know how to fix it ... LOL

fernoca

My guess is since they mentioned it a couple of times is the size of the patch, I believe the first patch for the PC and for PS4 was around 3GBs? Maybe Nintendo has an strict max size for their patches. Other thing can be that the patch broke the whole game and they don't know how to fix it ... LOL
There's no restriction. At first they said Nintendo was holding up the patch, turned out that the patch had some issues because it was later said that they were submitting the patch again.

The patch reduces the size of the game, ups the resolution, fix many things (like HD Rumble) and adds more stuff (players, effects, online)...so one might assume that the "patch" rewrites the entire code and literally makes it a new game. Which I guess brought a few issues.

Dipship31

Xuq7Agv.jpg

Top Bottom