• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex Machina |OT| Insert 80 Quarters

Wozman23

Difficult decision between PS4 Pro or PC (with a 1060GTX).

Edit: £11.99 on Steam and £15.99 on PS Store. PC it is.

only £12 on UK PSN (with Plus).

I'll add this to the post but just so I understand: Is the regular price £15.99, the preorder discount until midnight £12.99, and Steam is £11.99 (with any stipulations like owning Outland or buying it before a certain time)?

Also, I don't know much more about the technical specs, but I'll add stuff as I find it.

Freeman76

Resogun was so awesome but Alienation was really dissapointing, I hope this is more like the former as with their follow-up they seemed to not really manage to recapture the magic of their first PS4 outing..

Wozman23

Resogun was so awesome but Alienation was really dissapointing, I hope this is more like the former as with their follow-up they seemed to not really manage to recapture the magic of their first PS4 outing..

You have nothing to worry about. It's the frenetic arcade feel of Resogun applied to a top down twinstick shooter. Matterfall will be the sidescrolling platformer equivalent.

bombshell

I'll add this to the post but just so I understand: Is the regular price £15.99, the preorder discount until midnight £12.99, and Steam is £11.99 (with any stipulations like owning Outland or buying it before a certain time)?

Also, I don't know much more about the technical specs, but I'll add stuff as I find it.

£15.99/£12.79

€19.99/€15.99

"This price is only available from 2/3/2017 01:00 am to 20/6/2017 12:00 am."

Honestly it looks a bit visually overwhelming. So many particle explosions going on that it's hard to even see the bullets you're supposed to be dodging.

Gitaroo

It did in the beta, no reason why it wouldn't here

Pc version? P4gamer review says ps4 version look great on hdr set so I assume ps4 version does. Its the pc version that I need to know because developers don't add that for many pc multi platform games.

MrS

Banned
Pc version? P4gamer review says ps4 version look great on hdr set so I assume ps4 version does. Its the pc version that I need to know because developers don't add that for many pc multi platform games.
I was referring to PS4 only, my bad.

Tain

What's the structure here, exactly? Is there an actual arcade mode that encompasses a large difficulty curve and has no persistent elements?

TsuWave

still think alienation deserved more love and support. i'd pay crazy for more content. but i'm still looking forward to nex machina, should be fun as housemarque's record for me so far is impeccable

IbukiLordSA

What's the structure here, exactly? Is there an actual arcade mode that encompasses a large difficulty curve and has no persistent elements?

There is an arcade mode with 4 difficulties, you play through the whole thing till you die. Each difficulty ramps up the game quite significantly and also gives you a certain amount of continues to complete the whole thing.

Single world mode where you can play through each level on it's own.

Then the arena mode where you earn in game currency for beating certain conditions or other players high scores, you use this to buy customization items.

and then local co-op.

Here is a look at the last few areas in world 1 on veteran, had no lives left dunno if I could make it, veteran is crazy hard at the moment although boss fights don't seem any different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axa-ORY7rZE

Completely did not realize this was out so soon. Preordered today, will play tonight! All Housemarque games are auto-purchases.

Tater

Thanks for the heads up, I missed references on the PS Store. Locked in my pre-order, can't wait 'til tonight!

I felt the same way about Alienation. I was expecting a pure run-and-gun, neon thrill-fest. The pop-and-stop, manual reload gameplay was a shock to my system..

..and then it got its hooks in me.

Alienation is easily my favourite Housemarque game of them all. Though that may change after tomorrow!

EDIT: Awesome and creative OP. Love it!

edbrat

still think alienation deserved more love and support. i'd pay crazy for more content. but i'm still looking forward to nex machina, should be fun as housemarque's record for me so far is impeccable

I love Alienation so much, more content would have been great esp endgame stuff building on Ark runs.

Nex is preloaded and the ps4 has been counting down, only a few more hours left dagnabit. What are the chances of online coop being added? Is there anything gameplay-wise or technically speaking which would make it tricky?

Alienation was an awesome game. However, alot of the changes were to improve the multiplayer experience, and as someone stuck playing alone, it was a little bit of a comedown from Dead Nation. Still great though and Nex Machina looks amazing.

Fisty

if Resogun does this most likely would

Yeah figured it would, honestly I don't really mind either way but some folks are "no supersample no buy" so I figured it might be good to clear that up. As long as it stays around 60fps I'm good.

Gitaroo

Yeah figured it would, honestly I don't really mind either way but some folks are "no supersample no buy" so I figured it might be good to clear that up. As long as it stays around 60fps I'm good.

Even if its 1080p, its still better than standard ps4 since it runs at 900p on the standard ps4.

How many hours from now does the game unlock for US PSN?

9 hours?

About 8 and a half now ;)

Was watching a stream just now. So in terms of humans, once you grab one, a meter begins. You need to grab another human to keep that meter going. What I see is you grab one, and wait till the meter is about to expire THEN grab the next human. That should refill the meter almost to 100%. I was wondering how you were supposed to keep the meter throughout the levels.

Another thing that helps with the meter is the end of level dash. When you finish a level, before you jump to the next, if you time it right, you get a bonus to your score and you can replenish the human meter.

Just 2 things I observed.

Can't wait to really dive into it.

wouwie

Still a bit undecided on this one. I never got into Resogun, mostly due to the "saving people" aspect of the game i think, and i like my shootem-ups to be more campaign based (loved Rive for example) than hardcore skill and score based (though Rive had that aspect too but i never played the game in that way, just the campaign). So i'm wondering if this will be enjoyable for me. I think Matterfall is closer to what i'm looking for in that sense.

Tain

There is an arcade mode with 4 difficulties, you play through the whole thing till you die. Each difficulty ramps up the game quite significantly and also gives you a certain amount of continues to complete the whole thing.

Single world mode where you can play through each level on it's own.

Then the arena mode where you earn in game currency for beating certain conditions or other players high scores, you use this to buy customization items.

and then local co-op.

Here is a look at the last few areas in world 1 on veteran, had no lives left dunno if I could make it, veteran is crazy hard at the moment although boss fights don't seem any different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axa-ORY7rZE

Cool, thanks. Sounds more like Resogun than I expected, which is cool.

TsuWave

I love Alienation so much, more content would have been great esp endgame stuff building on Ark runs.

Alienation was an awesome game. However, alot of the changes were to improve the multiplayer experience, and as someone stuck playing alone, it was a little bit of a comedown from Dead Nation. Still great though and Nex Machina looks amazing.

yeah man, I have 125 hours logged into Alienation. game is awesome, from the class abilities to weapon perks to the loot and synergy/cores systems, it's just a great game. it really just lacks content. I know housemarque has outlined like the future for nex machina with "seasons" and challenges so hopefully this one won't suffer from the same thing.

Wozman23

Still a bit undecided on this one. I never got into Resogun, mostly due to the "saving people" aspect of the game i think, and i like my shootem-ups to be more campaign based (loved Rive for example) than hardcore skill and score based (though Rive had that aspect too but i never played the game in that way, just the campaign). So i'm wondering if this will be enjoyable for me. I think Matterfall is closer to what i'm looking for in that sense.

I'm the exact opposite. I was underwhelmed with Rive, but can't get enough of Resogun or Nex Machina. Matterfall will probably be a little less risky of an option for you, especially if you enjoy stuff like Outland, Velocity 2X, or other 2D platformers.

Top Bottom