• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex Machina |OT| Insert 80 Quarters

FDC1

Woh ! I only played 1st world in easiest difficulty but I can already say it's awesome. That's what I call an impact.

Got this for my friend as a Steam gift the other day, but caved to the hype after reading the OT and bought my own PC copy today. Hyped!

I have high hopes, blasting through Resogun 1CC to get the Platinum is one of my favorite gaming memories ever.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Woh ! I only played 1st world in easiest difficulty but I can already say it's awesome. That's what I call an impact.

Yeah... its face-meltingly amazing. Whats most impressive though is the overall feel of the gameplay, its fluid and responsive, but pleasantly weighty.

Strider

Anytime you have one and not the other form of Co op some crowd is gonna complain about it...

Anyway maybe PS4 shareplay could be an option for some people to play online co op

Wozman23

Playing it and it's awesome. Like, super incredible. The zone 3 boss has indeed been nerfed TYBG.

Well, it's midnight in the UK and it unlocked at midnight (PS4).

Awesome news. My only complaint with the beta was how much that boss kicked my ass. I can't even tell you how many continues I used.

MrS

Banned
Awesome news. My only complaint with the beta was how much that boss kicked my ass. I can't even tell you how many continues I used.
Same dude. Like, I couldn't even beat it in the beta. It's still challenging here though but at least one can work out how to beat him. Really glad they listened to the feedback. Sword has apparantly been buffed (not used it yet).

As a fan of Resogun, Alienation left me a little cold but this was exactly what I was after. It's so great, quick and easy to play but rock hard when it gets going too, especially if you are seeking perfection.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I think I will buy it on PC regardless because it's more convenient to play on laptop. I played 150 hours of Enter the Gungeon after rebuying it on pc. When I sit down at a big screen I'm split between games like Horizon, catching up on tv/movies and Indy games which I never seem to finish or make progress in.

And hopefully the mouse/kb support is good. It looks like there's some spray weapons where it's less important but I've been enjoying the extra precision in some of the other arena shooters e.g Nuclear Throne

Resogun was so awesome but Alienation was really dissapointing, I hope this is more like the former as with their follow-up they seemed to not really manage to recapture the magic of their first PS4 outing..
If you're looking for the more frantic gameplay style of Resogun, here's how Master difficulty runs transpire:

bmsfxc.gif
vefcxp.gif

More where that came from, including Super Turbo Mode.

hydruxo

I love Housemarque games but I think this one is a bit too hectic and overwhelming for my tastes haha. Glad it turned out well though, I'll definitely give it a shot later on.

Zetta

This is preordered and downloaded already just need to get off of work tomorrow. Have they spoken about the OST to this game yet I would pay money for this.

Just bought it on Steam. Should have checked before, but is there co-op on the PC version?

EDIT: Google is my friend lol. Good. Can't wait.

Man this game already has its hooks in me in a way Resogun definitely did. I feel like the difficulty curve is steeper in this one so perhaps a little less accessible but I am sure as hell getting a kick out of it.

Wow, THIS is the sequel to Resogun I've been waiting for. I've enjoyed the recent Housemarque games fine enough, but this is next level. Sooooooo many Resogun vibes from this! And man is it a looker!

Strider

Wow, THIS is the sequel to Resogun I've been waiting for. I've enjoyed the recent Housemarque games fine enough, but this is next level. Sooooooo many Resogun vibes from this! And man is it a looker!

Exact same thing I just came to post. Alienation didn't quite do it for me but this game makes one hell of a first impression and the resogun vibes are very real... If you liked Resogun then this game is a no brainer.

Only able to do the first mission tonight but I'll be putting in a good amount of time tomorrow.

Got it and completed World 1 pretty easily (just on Moderate). Anybody know how to find secret exits?

By nature they are hidden :D you have to find and destroy hidden blocks. Shooting them makes a "bleep-bloop" chiptune kind of sound.

1-3 has an easy one on the top right corner to try out.

Yeah, that first world makes me very glad I got this. Figuring the route to collect each human in a chain will be my ultimate goal now

fernoca

This fell of my radar until seeing the thread in here a few hours ago.

Preordered....and this is Resogun 2 basically!! :eek:

Top Bottom