• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

No offense to the Lions, but a Week 17 Bears-Packers game for the division would be pretty sweet. And a potentially good harbinger given what happened in 2010.

Doorman

Damn. So, what would the Lions have to do to make the playoffs now? Who do the NFC North teams play next week?

I wanted to see the Chargers make it too. Goddamnit Detroit. Gotta fire Schwartz and Linehan. They blew it against a few easy teams. Had leads going into halves, Stafford isn't garbage, but he needs to work on his game.

Basically the Bears are a game up in the division, but the Lions still hold that tiebreaker for head-to-head. For the Lions to win the division, they need to win one more game than both the Bears and Packers. So if either Chicago or GB win both of their remaining two, it's done.

And Schwartz will still be the coach next year unless we lose both of our next games.

Basically the Bears are a game up in the division, but the Lions still hold that tiebreaker for head-to-head. For the Lions to win the division, they need to win one more game than both the Bears and Packers. So if either Chicago or GB win both of their remaining two, it's done.

And Schwartz will still be the coach next year unless we lose both of our next games.

If both win next week Detroits eliminated

duxstar

Why do I have a feeling this season is not going to end up going my way at all.

Teams i do NOT want winning the Superbowl

Bronco's
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

I'd root for the Saints, eagles and Cowboys over all those teams .... the COWBOYS; and I'm a Niners fan.

The odds are not in my favor at the moment; or should I say Destiny/Conspiracy/Whatever else you want to believe in is not in my favor

cdyhybrid

I don't know what to say, this team is infuriating. On national TV we embarrassed ourselves in front of the whole country.

Whole team disappointed tonight. Everyone. This team doesn't have the same enthusiasm I saw earlier in the year or in 2011 when we really had everything going. I don't know what it is but something seems off. Last year I could deter the blame on Titus Young, injuries or the lack of RBs but I don't know what to say anymore.

We need a new coaching staff to bring some excitement or something.

Sometimes if the energy becomes toxic you just have to dump the coach even if it's not all his fault. Have to wipe the slate clean. Seems like it's close.

Damn Stafford sounds so bummed. I kinda feel bad for him.

I feel like for all their weapons Detroit is one of the most predictable teams offensively in the league. They're like that random guy you play online in Madden. Annoying if you don't know what you're doing, easy if you do.

Yeah. That's probably the clutchest fg I've ever seen.

oh come on, you may hate the pats but come on.

Vinatieri-snow.jpg

So, let me think... It's like gambling, lol.

If the Bengals win next week, what result do I want?

Do I want the Patriots to win, eliminating Baltimore from the AFC North?
Or, do I want the Ravens to win, to set up a showdown that will result in a winner-gets-bye situation?

Go Pats. Don't trust the Bengals not to Bungle.

To think, if only Huber catches a long-snap, the Bengals probably win. Instead, a comedy of errors and dirty thuggery doom the Bengals to a flukey loss.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

You shut your mouth.

Schwartz just sealed his fate. He is done there. Rivals both lost their QBs for significant time and you still can't take the division.

This is Detroit, where Matt Millen survived for 8 years.

I don't know what to say, this team is infuriating. On national TV we embarrassed ourselves in front of the whole country.

Whole team disappointed tonight. Everyone. This team doesn't have the same enthusiasm I saw earlier in the year or in 2011 when we really had everything going. I don't know what it is but something seems off. Last year I could deter the blame on Titus Young, injuries or the lack of RBs but I don't know what to say anymore.

We need a new coaching staff to bring some excitement or something.

I know exactly what happened: harbaugh. you guys were 5-0, top of the world and steam rolling to a perfect season perhaps. then harbaugh crushed Schwartz' hand and indeed your entire franchise.

I feel bad but its a dog eat dog world brah. this collapse will be better for you in the long run!

Bears in 1st place in the North. YESSSSSSS!!!!

That 61 yard kick was amazing. Schwartz is the stupidest coach ever. Call a Timeout dude. hahahaha. Somewhere Jim Harbaugh is smiling cuz his brother just beat the flippant Schwartz.

Nameless

Why do I have a feeling this season is not going to end up going my way at all.

Teams i do NOT want winning the Superbowl

Bronco's
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

I'd root for the Saints, eagles and Cowboys over all those teams .... the COWBOYS; and I'm a Niners fan.

The odds are not in my favor at the moment; or should I say Destiny/Conspiracy/Whatever else you want to believe in is not in my favor

Niners winning it and Seahawks not winning it might as well be the same thing at this point. I'd take a Black Sunday type of event over the Seacunts winning it all.

Doorman

You shut your mouth.

This is Detroit, where Matt Millen survived for 8 years.

Your second statement seems to conflict with your initial denial of what I said. I want Schwartz gone, I said as much early into LAST season remember, but I look at the team in terms of realistic expectations for the future, and I think from the management's perspective, 8-8 will be enough to "give this group another chance, they improved from the dropoff of last year!"

Search your cold, dead black heart Plinko. You know that what I'm saying bares a ring of truth to it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Your second statement seems to conflict with your initial denial of what I said. I want Schwartz gone, I said as much early into LAST season remember, but I look at the team in terms of realistic expectations for the future, and I think from the management's perspective, 8-8 will be enough to "give this group another chance, they improved from the dropoff of last year!"

Search your cold, dead black heart Plinko. You know that what I'm saying bares a ring of truth to it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...z-unlikely-to-keep-job-if-lions-miss-playoffs

Jim Schwartz has reached the put-up-or-shut-up stage of his career with the Detroit Lions.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Schwartz is unlikely to keep his coaching job if the Lions miss the postseason, according to team sources.

The changes might go beyond Schwartz if the Lions fail to make the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons, with the shake-up potentially reaching as high as the office of general manager Martin Mayhew.

The internal belief is that the Lions have enough talent on a roster that includes a franchise quarterback in Matthew Stafford, the game's top wide receiver in Calvin Johnson and a gifted defensive line led by Ndamukong Suh.

This was posted at 8:30 this evening, by the way.

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

Philly should rest its whole team next week if Cowboys win. The game against the Bears will be meaningless to them in their quest for the playoffs. Only difference it makes is who is the #3 and #4 seeds in the NFC...assuming Chicago beats GB. Of course you want to be #3 so you don't go to Seattle week 2 should you win the wild card game but starters with 2 weeks rest against Dallas could be more important than moving up 1 seed.

overcast

Detroit is really talented and could be fun to watch. Stafford can be good, but he makes terrible decisions. A new staff can help that. Definitely don't fucking get rid of Stafford. Come on.

At least he can make plays, unlike Bradford :[

Top Bottom