• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just going by the brief footage I saw of Carson Wentz on Gruden he has the Andrew Luck/Cam Newton/Big Ben power movement in the pocket combined with speed. His arm looked solid hitting an out route to a WR.

But looking at his accuracy he completed 62.5% of his passes his last season at North Dakota State. Against the competition he faced he should at least be throwing 65% IMO.

For comparison when Ben Roethlisberger came out of a relatively small school, Miami of Ohio, he completed 69.1% of his passes..

Just looking at Carson Wentz game logs against teams like Montana or Jacksonville State nothing from his passing statistics wows me. I don't think he threw 200 yards against Montana.

What did stand out to me in Wentz game logs is his running ability, but is he going to run like against NFL defenders?

Jared Goff played against much better talent against underrated PAC 12 defenders, so if I had to choose it would be Goff.

Luckily the Lions don't because we have a franchise QB.

Fantomex

Just going by the brief footage I saw of Carson Wentz on Gruden he has the Andrew Luck/Cam Newton/Big Ben power movement in the pocket combined with speed. His arm looked solid hitting an out route to a WR.

But looking at his accuracy he completed 62.5% of his passes his last season at North Dakota State. Against the competition he faced he should at least be throwing 65% IMO.

For comparison when Ben Roethlisberger came out of a relatively small school, Miami of Ohio, he completed 69.1% of his passes..

Just looking at Carson Wentz game logs against teams like Montana or Jacksonville State nothing from his passing statistics wows me. I don't think he threw 200 yards against Montana.

What did stand out to me in Wentz game logs is his running ability, but is he going to run like against NFL defenders?

Jared Goff played against much better talent against underrated PAC 12 defenders, so if I had to choose it would be Goff.

See Kas, after looking at tape, me and you are both on the same page with these QBs. Once you break down the tape, Wentz has a hige ceiling, but can you take a risk on What if?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Steelers have released cornerback Cortez Allen, team announced today.

Is that what the doctor said?

Edit: Drinking in your mid 30s is having 4-6 drinks in an evening and then stopping. No clue if that's "in moderation"

2. Moderate drinking is defined as up to four alcoholic drinks for men and three for women in any single day, according to The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism (NIAAA), and a maximum of 14 drinks for men and 7 drinks for women per week.

not that i doubt it, but this is coming from an Eagles guy (as the article states). wouldn't surprise me that the eagles front office is still butthurt about the whole situation

with that said, trent baalke is a bum

p.s.

Adam Stites ‏@AdamBCC 12m12 minutes ago

The NCAA won't let South Carolina hire Marcus Lattimore because it would be an "unfair recruiting advantage."

wat

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/721131314611507201

Josh Gordon was at the Manziel Coke Party house. This is all kinds of awesome
It's fine...
animation173sl9.gif

bionic77

I do, I have less than one beer a week on average and I rarely ever drink more than one beer on any given day.

Gata am I right?

Also Bionic, Gamestop will have the PSVR to demo
Thanks.

Can't wait to try it out.

Though that is the last place I would want to do it. I better get there quick. I can't imagine how nasty it will be after a few days. I did not forget the thread where people (predominantly gamers it is safe to assume) went on about how "harmful" the soap life style can be....

AntoneM

Wentz hurt his ankle against Montana but kept playing. Probably why NDSU lost that game. That's either a general liability or a locker room strength.

Sorry all, I grew up an NDSU football fan. There are literally dozens of us (seriously though we bring 10k plus to Frisco, TX for championship games, the stadium only holds 20k).

Top Bottom