• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

He's going to be declared unfit before his term is up.
The Goppers don't have the balls to do that.. they can't alienate his base.. they come out and vote mid-terms.

They let Reagan serve his second term when it was well known in Washington that his Alzheimer's was in full swing. They won't pull Donnie down unless they have to..

I would however put money on him dying in his first term due to his lifestyle (he eats like shit, he sleeps three hours a night.. the job will put so much stress on him that he might keel over and die in his first term)

Greg

wiAE4uv.gif

now, if you excuse me, I'll be in my tent

Sephzilla

wiAE4uv.gif

now, if you excuse me, I'll be in my tent

God damn, it was nice to see what looked like the old Packers offense again. Quick <2 second drop back/releases from Rodgers, slant routes and shit, Rodgers hitting a few deep throws, McCarthy not over-committing to the run game.

Next week McCarthy will probably feel the need to compensate and give Starks the ball 25 times.

Greg

Rodgers still had freak out moments where he bailed out too soon last night - nice seeing those quick hits before he has time to shit himself though

the saddest thing is that Nelson hasn't found his step because it's probably gone for good

Davante the true successor

jmdajr

So Titans still have to face Chiefs and Broncos.

Colts have to face Raiders and Vikings.

At this point whatever team in the AFC South loses to the Jags is doomed.

Sephzilla

Rodgers still had freak out moments where he bailed out too soon last night - nice seeing those quick hits before he has time to shit himself though

the saddest thing is that Nelson hasn't found his step because it's probably gone for good

Yeah, I'm starting to believe we're never getting pre-injury Nelson back. Glad Adams has turned it around though

Ric Flair

Banned

I'd give Jordy one more season to recover before declaring him past his prime. It can take a long time to heal from those kinds of injuries

effzee

Eagles season is over, they did better than I thought they would, but ultimately I am so so on Doug Pederson still.

He obviously coached up Wentz well and I like the combo of him and Reich as former QBs grooming him.

But some of the Reid issues persist. Poor clock management, complete abandonment of the run game especially with a rookie QB and mediocre WRs, and some really boneheaded decisions.

Looking back, with the way the games played out, they had the Det, Dallas, and Giants games either with leads they gave away or within grasps and lost due to questionable coaching decisions. Sucks cause while I had zero expectations this season, this is a potential playoff team in a strong NFC East and would have been nice to be in the playoffs again.

GG Packers.

BigAT

It's time for Snacks Stats&#8482;!

Pro Football Focus
@GIants DT Damon Harrison has made a stop on 17.3% of his run defense snaps this year -- the highest percentage of any interior D-lineman

Jordan Raanan&#8207;@JordanRaanan
He [Harrison] has 63 tackles (third on #Giants) which is insane for a run-stuffing DT.

giphy.gif

Thanks Jets.

The Goppers don't have the balls to do that.. they can't alienate his base.. they come out and vote mid-terms.

They let Reagan serve his second term when it was well known in Washington that his Alzheimer's was in full swing. They won't pull Donnie down unless they have to..

I would however put money on him dying in his first term due to his lifestyle (he eats like shit, he sleeps three hours a night.. the job will put so much stress on him that he might keel over and die in his first term)
My boy Floy has no chill whatsoever

Hindl

Eagles season is over, they did better than I thought they would, but ultimately I am so so on Doug Pederson still.

He obviously coached up Wentz well and I like the combo of him and Reich as former QBs grooming him.

But some of the Reid issues persist. Poor clock management, complete abandonment of the run game especially with a rookie QB and mediocre WRs, and some really boneheaded decisions.

Looking back, with the way the games played out, they had the Det, Dallas, and Giants games either with leads they gave away or within grasps and lost due to questionable coaching decisions. Sucks cause while I had zero expectations this season, this is a potential playoff team in a strong NFC East and would have been nice to be in the playoffs again.

GG Packers.

Agreed with a lot of this. I'm willing to give Doug some slack since he's still a rookie, but it is a lot like watching Andy. Abandoning the run when it was working a bit and an over-obsession with screens. Bizarre challenges that barely affect the game. I like what he's done with Wentz though, and he didn't have a lot to work with. 3rd string RT, 2nd string RG and LG, #1 RB and WR out, #2 WR benched, #2 RB playing with broken rib, hard to get the offense going with that. And missed penalties aside, the offense was mostly able to move. Ignoring that last garbage time drive, they had only 6 drives all game. They came away with points on half of them. So the offense gets a bit of a pass.

The defensive collapse is unacceptable though. Our CBs are garbage, but it still doesn't explain why Schwartz was playing off 10 yards every down, allowing Rodgers to just pick them apart. After that first drive when that happened, Schwartz should've shifted to more press to at least give the pass rush a chance. Not that they were doing much anyway, the entire DL basically disappeared against an OL where they should've been successful. Cox and Curry were basically invisible, although quick passes are the way to counter an attacking 4-3 D. It should've been on Schwartz to adjust. Add in the refs just fucking the Eagles at every turn and it was a poor performance all around.

If I'm grading the coaches, Doug gets a C and Schwartz gets an F.

Also shoutout to Jordan Hicks, only player on Defense doing something last night

My boy Floy has no chill whatsoever

Get your boy he's outta control

Farooq

Banned
Agreed with a lot of this. I'm willing to give Doug some slack since he's still a rookie, but it is a lot like watching Andy. Abandoning the run when it was working a bit and an over-obsession with screens. Bizarre challenges that barely affect the game. I like what he's done with Wentz though, and he didn't have a lot to work with. 3rd string RT, 2nd string RG and LG, #1 RB and WR out, #2 WR benched, #2 RB playing with broken rib, hard to get the offense going with that. And missed penalties aside, the offense was mostly able to move. Ignoring that last garbage time drive, they had only 6 drives all game. They came away with points on half of them. So the offense gets a bit of a pass.

The defensive collapse is unacceptable though. Our CBs are garbage, but it still doesn't explain why Schwartz was playing off 10 yards every down, allowing Rodgers to just pick them apart. After that first drive when that happened, Schwartz should've shifted to more press to at least give the pass rush a chance. Not that they were doing much anyway, the entire DL basically disappeared against an OL where they should've been successful. Add in the refs just fucking the Eagles at every turn and it was a poor performance all around.

If I'm grading the coaches, Doug gets a C and Schwartz gets an F

If I remember correctly, they did go into more press man and then Rodgers audibled to verts and PHI got beat deep. Even though the coverage was pretty good on that Adams TD, I think that made Schwartz back off a little bit.

Hindl

If I remember correctly, they did go into more press man and then Rodgers audibled to verts and PHI got beat deep. Even though the coverage was pretty good on that Adams TD, I think that made Schwartz back off a little bit.

That's fair, although this will sound ridiculous, but I'd rather get beat like that. The coverage on that TD to Adams, and the later 50 yard bomb to Adams, was good, and a better CB would've at least broken it up. Rodgers' placement was perfect on that TD but Carroll honestly should've been able to intercept it. And by forcing them to do that more, maybe the CBs succeed a few times. Plus, it would make Rodgers hold the ball longer and maybe get the pass rush home, even though they were largely ineffective. Wouldn't have made a difference, but I'd rather lose by getting constant bombs dropped on us than just having quick 5-8 yard dump offs marching down the field.

The one positive I take from this game is that it's pretty much the same issues the Eagles have had all season. If every week there was a different failing, then the team would have no idea how to improve in the offseason. Whereas every week it's the same thing. CBs and WRs suck, and we have a rookie QB who's making some mistakes. The issues we've been seeing with Wentz were what the draft scouts were expecting to see. Mostly inaccuracy issues down the field and locking on to the first read. Before this season, he had only started 30 games ever, throughout high school and college. I think he can be coached up and fixed. As for the CBs and WRs, if you go into the offseason knowing what you have to fix, it makes things a lot easier. The OL for all it's faults has been holding up pretty good, at least to the point where they aren't the most pressing need. Last offseason, the Eagles needed to improve at OL, LB, and the Secondary, so they grabbed Brandon Brooks, Nigel Bradham, and Rodney McLeod, and took Vaitai and Seumalo in the draft. In their worst games they've earned their contracts, and in their best games they've been steals. And Vaitai and Seumalo show promise. This offseason, we know we need to fix the WRs and CBs. I'm confident Howie will be able to bring in the players to fix these issues, and hopefully next year will be a bit better and they can make it into the playoffs. The team is still a ways off, but there's a roadmap going forward, and we have a rookie QB who's shown promise, but is trying to do too much with no supporting cast around him. They need to give him that cast and stop making him do everything on his own.

Line_HTX

Oh, the Chargers game had Jeff Triplette's crew? No fucking wonder those shits were everywhere. Didn't recognize his piece of shit face.

GG Packers.

I am way down on dougie. Team started well but they have totally collapsed now. He flat out cost them 2 games on the road against division opponents with his terrible decisions, plus the team came out totally flat against the Lions and Skins. His play calling is so bad as well, and no I am not talking about the passes to our terrible WRs. Last night there was a point where Smallwood ran for back to back first downs and the Eagles had the ball close to midfield and then they passed 3 straight times and had to punt. Doug is so pass happy and it makes no sense with the terrible WRs that we have. The biggest problem though is the defense. All offseason and the start of the year all the talk was about how much fresher they would be without that mean man chip kelly making them play so many snaps, well for the second year in a row they have totally collapsed down the stretch. Curry is totally invisible, Barwin sucks as a DE, Cox hasnt had a sack in ages, the LBers are all terrible except for Hicks, all the CBers are garbage and need to be replaced, the only good pieces are the safeties but teams just stay away from them so they dont really do anything. Howie has to stop with this locking guys up before they breakout nonsense. Curry got huge money even though he hadnt done anything and he is even worse now. The amount of holes that need to be filled on this team for next year is insane, new CBs, New LBers, DE, WRs, RB, OL. I am also so off the Schwartz bandwagon. His defense only works if the front 4 gets pressure, if you slow those guys down at all the whole things falls apart. He is a one trick pony and the league has figured his D out big time now. You cant play your DBs 10 yards off against guys like Rodgers, they are more then happy to complete short passes and move the chains. The Packers averages 67 yards per possession last night, that is insanely bad for a defense.

Fox318

I really wanted Mo Wilkerson but once they re-signed him instead, and let go of Snacks, I was thrilled when he signed. Absolutely worth the money.
I honestly think the wilk drama this year is more about the coach than anything else.

Had the giants gotten wilk he would have performed the same way snacks has.

Top Bottom