• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What the fuck happened to you? You should be playing one of the many amazing games available on the Xbox one.

Have you finished a horde run yet? I've only gotten to wave 40. Is it best to have a full 5 person team?

Hindl

Your first point is interesting and doesn't sound ridiculous. The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to agree. Although, I can see merit in the philosphy of making an offense need long sustaining drives to score. The thinking being the offense is bound to make a mistake.

They started playing more coverage later in the game, and having Hicks spy Rodgers. I'll post A-22 gifs of pass plays from that game. It'll be fun to talk about.

Yeah I noticed the Hicks spying later in the game. Especially that one play where they forced Rodgers to scramble and Hicks came up out of zone to make the tackle where Rodgers threw it OOB before getting sacked. And thanks, I'd be really interested to see the All-22 for the game should be interesting to see.

Try an adventure game.

Some are usually short enough to finish in 1 or 2 days.

I've started doing this. Shit like Abzu and Inside that are like 3 hours long are perfect for me now

Sanjuro

I forgot my Redbox movie in the Grocery shopping cart the other day.

I guess someone has a free BluRay copy of Central Intelligence. I'd like to think someone would return it, but we did vote for Trump.

There goes 35 bucks plus tax! :'(

Maybe they will have a little Hart and return the copy to the Redbox.

Try an adventure game.

Some are usually short enough to finish in 1 or 2 days.

Hmmm, might finish the Blackwell series. Already finished the first two some time ago and the most recent one is 80% off...

Jerk off instead.

...but this is a better idea.

What the fuck happened to you? You should be playing one of the many amazing games available on the Xbox one.

The only amazing game on any console is NHL 17 and I have already achieved all there is to achieve on there.

Have you finished a horde run yet? I've only gotten to wave 40. Is it best to have a full 5 person team?

Don't play with Yankee, he's a treacherous rat bastard. A bit like Mech with fewer tears and more racism.

I've started doing this. Shit like Abzu and Inside that are like 3 hours long are perfect for me now

Inside was the tits. So many fantastic moments.

effzee

Agreed with a lot of this. I'm willing to give Doug some slack since he's still a rookie, but it is a lot like watching Andy. Abandoning the run when it was working a bit and an over-obsession with screens. Bizarre challenges that barely affect the game. I like what he's done with Wentz though, and he didn't have a lot to work with. 3rd string RT, 2nd string RG and LG, #1 RB and WR out, #2 WR benched, #2 RB playing with broken rib, hard to get the offense going with that. And missed penalties aside, the offense was mostly able to move. Ignoring that last garbage time drive, they had only 6 drives all game. They came away with points on half of them. So the offense gets a bit of a pass.

The defensive collapse is unacceptable though. Our CBs are garbage, but it still doesn't explain why Schwartz was playing off 10 yards every down, allowing Rodgers to just pick them apart. After that first drive when that happened, Schwartz should've shifted to more press to at least give the pass rush a chance. Not that they were doing much anyway, the entire DL basically disappeared against an OL where they should've been successful. Cox and Curry were basically invisible, although quick passes are the way to counter an attacking 4-3 D. It should've been on Schwartz to adjust. Add in the refs just fucking the Eagles at every turn and it was a poor performance all around.

If I'm grading the coaches, Doug gets a C and Schwartz gets an F.

Also shoutout to Jordan Hicks, only player on Defense doing something last night

Get your boy he's outta control

Our Dline is overrated, Barwin was only effective in a 3-4 as LB, and he along with the other LBs looked much better because the line was just eating up gaps.

The D has really disappointed me. I knew we had so so WRs, often injured RB, and a rookie QB. The OLINE would be better simply had Lane not been suspended and they didn't have to rotate all these different tackles.

But the D? They have been relatively healthy and just keep collapsing. Why is McKelvin on the team over Rowe? Can't tackle, can't cover, and is always hurt.

Why is a 7th round pick lined up on the best opposing WR week and week out? I thought the problem last year was the Eagles being stubborn and forcing Rowe to line up on some of the best and not rotating the CBs?

Where has the pass rush gone? I think these CBs are average and could look a lot better if the rush ever hit home. Last game I remember them causing consistent pressure was against the Vikings and that is more cause the Vikings OLINE is garbage.

Pederson's pass happy obsession from Daddy Reid and this terrible D has cost them 2-3 games and a chance to make a special playoffs run with a rookie QB.

They need a real DE opposite Graham to generate consistent pass rush next year. Curry isn't it. Barwin I love but doesn't fit in this system.

They need WRs (top priority), another Tackle, and a pass rushing DE or 2.

I am way down on dougie. Team started well but they have totally collapsed now. He flat out cost them 2 games on the road against division opponents with his terrible decisions, plus the team came out totally flat against the Lions and Skins. His play calling is so bad as well, and no I am not talking about the passes to our terrible WRs. Last night there was a point where Smallwood ran for back to back first downs and the Eagles had the ball close to midfield and then they passed 3 straight times and had to punt. Doug is so pass happy and it makes no sense with the terrible WRs that we have. The biggest problem though is the defense. All offseason and the start of the year all the talk was about how much fresher they would be without that mean man chip kelly making them play so many snaps, well for the second year in a row they have totally collapsed down the stretch. Curry is totally invisible, Barwin sucks as a DE, Cox hasnt had a sack in ages, the LBers are all terrible except for Hicks, all the CBers are garbage and need to be replaced, the only good pieces are the safeties but teams just stay away from them so they dont really do anything. Howie has to stop with this locking guys up before they breakout nonsense. Curry got huge money even though he hadnt done anything and he is even worse now. The amount of holes that need to be filled on this team for next year is insane, new CBs, New LBers, DE, WRs, RB, OL. I am also so off the Schwartz bandwagon. His defense only works if the front 4 gets pressure, if you slow those guys down at all the whole things falls apart. He is a one trick pony and the league has figured his D out big time now. You cant play your DBs 10 yards off against guys like Rodgers, they are more then happy to complete short passes and move the chains. The Packers averages 67 yards per possession last night, that is insanely bad for a defense.

This.

Striker

I forgot my Redbox movie in the Grocery shopping cart the other day.

I guess someone has a free BluRay copy of Central Intelligence. I'd like to think someone would return it, but we did vote for Trump.

There goes 35 bucks plus tax! :'(
I need to see that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

PC gamers be like:

lucille-portable.gif

I have done many. 5 people helps but my wife and myself and one other guy have it down so we can do it every time. We pick foundation and set up in the basement. It almost feels like cheating since the bigger stuff cant get down to you, and you can set up sentries and turrets in the back that can easily cover the whole room. The other day I tried to solo horde and I got to wave 42 before I ran out of stuff. I tried to invite boban in but we had no money and our stuff was all wrecked by then. Did you ever give me your GT? I will totally invite you to a game some time and we can run through horde no problem.

Bread

Banned
I remember playing horde with yankee and some other kid and the other dude was bragging about soloing horde on casual

I remember playing horde with yankee and some other kid and the other dude was bragging about soloing horde on casual

It really does get hard at the end, even on casual. I died once and then I had to buy a new repair gun which costs 5000 energy, and then you dont have enough to repair your stuff and it all gets destroyed and you cant replace it. You really have to be perfect to solo even on casual.

Hindl

Our Dline is overrated, Barwin was only effective in a 3-4 as LB, and he along with the other LBs looked much better because the line was just eating up gaps.

The D has really disappointed me. I knew we had so so WRs, often injured RB, and a rookie QB. The OLINE would be better simply had Lane not been suspended and they didn't have to rotate all these different tackles.

But the D? They have been relatively healthy and just keep collapsing. Why is McKelvin on the team over Rowe? Can't tackle, can't cover, and is always hurt.

Why is a 7th round pick lined up on the best opposing WR week and week out? I thought the problem last year was the Eagles being stubborn and forcing Rowe to line up on some of the best and not rotating the CBs?

Where has the pass rush gone? I think these CBs are average and could look a lot better if the rush ever hit home. Last game I remember them causing consistent pressure was against the Vikings and that is more cause the Vikings OLINE is garbage.

Pederson's pass happy obsession from Daddy Reid and this terrible D has cost them 2-3 games and a chance to make a special playoffs run with a rookie QB.

They need a real DE opposite Graham to generate consistent pass rush next year. Curry isn't it. Barwin I love but doesn't fit in this system.

They need WRs (top priority), another Tackle, and a pass rushing DE or 2.

This.

Most people knew Barwin was going to be the odd man out in the 4-3, he's definitely gone in the offseason. Curry has been a disappointment though, we'll need to invest in a DE. Maybe not this season but next season definitely. Cox and Graham can stay, and the depth along the line is pretty solid. And hopefully Bennie can be resigned for a reasonable amount, at worst he is a great run stuffer, but we do need a new DE.

Everything else I'd agree, although I think my priority would be WR -> CB -> RB -> DE. I think we're alright on the OL considering how many of them are injured, sometimes injuries just happen. I wouldn't mind taking late round flyers on tackles or bringing in some cheap veteran depth a la Wis though. I think WR can be addressed in FA, and maybe they take Dede Westbrook in a later round of the draft. But top two picks should be a home run RB and a lockdown CB. Grab a DE in the 3rd or 4th and get depth everywhere with the rest of the picks

Bread

Banned
It really does get hard at the end, even on casual. I died once and then I had to buy a new repair gun which costs 5000 energy, and then you dont have enough to repair your stuff and it all gets destroyed and you cant replace it. You really have to be perfect to solo even on casual.
Now that I think about I I'm pretty sure he didn't even beat it but was bragging about getting to 40. But still I'd solo that shit with my dick tied behind my back

Deadspin piece on the Giants' defensive turnaround. This particular part caught my eye:

http://deadspin.com/the-giants-defense-has-made-a-historic-turnaround-1789462791

Per Pro Football Focus, the Giants have dialed up blitzes on just 28.3 percent of all passing plays, which is below the league average of 30.5 percent. Yet of their 10 interceptions, seven have come when they did not bring extra pass rushers. And five of their seven sacks against the Browns came with just a four-man rush. How are they doing it? JPP has a pass-rush productivity rating of 9.1, which ranks 16th among 4-3 defensive ends, according to PFF. And Vernon has a PRP of 10.3, which ranks 10th. Harrison has the league’s best run-stop percentage (17.7), and Jenkins is allowing a passer rating of 67.5, which is eighth-best among all corners. Also, the Giants’ D—in this case, it’s most often Jenkins—has the second-best DVOA against opponents’ No. 1 receivers.

zesgendtv8xvzah6obwg.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I have done many. 5 people helps but my wife and myself and one other guy have it down so we can do it every time. We pick foundation and set up in the basement. It almost feels like cheating since the bigger stuff cant get down to you, and you can set up sentries and turrets in the back that can easily cover the whole room. The other day I tried to solo horde and I got to wave 42 before I ran out of stuff. I tried to invite boban in but we had no money and our stuff was all wrecked by then. Did you ever give me your GT? I will totally invite you to a game some time and we can run through horde no problem.

Nice, my gt is levious.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-GM-Trent-Baalke-I-feel-bad-for-the-10642258.php

The 49ers’ on-field results haven’t changed and neither has Trent Baalke’s message.

Blame him.

Before the 49ers’ franchise-record 10th straight loss, a 31-24 setback at Miami on Sunday, Baalke went on KNBR with team broadcasters Ted Robinson and Tim Ryan and said ownership shouldn’t be faulted for the 1-10 season. Baalke, whose job security is in question, also backed CEO Jed York in a conversation with reporters before a loss in Arizona on Nov. 13.

The 49ers’ biggest free-agent signings in the offseason were left guard Zane Beadles and reserve quarterback Thad Lewis.

“I feel bad for the fans, I feel bad for a lot of people, the ownership in particular,” Baalke said. “You know, they give us everything we need and I’ve said that. I’ve gone public with that. If we don’t get it done, put it on me. We’ve got all the resources necessary.

“Funding has never been an issue at the free agent market, or any other thing that we’ve needed. So, it falls strictly on my shoulders. I’m disappointed, I’m disappointed with the outcome up until now.”

Baalke has invested heavily in defense in recent drafts, but the 49ers are on pace to allow 500 points, which would be the fourth-most in NFL history. A major issue has been the run defense, which is allowing a league-worst 171.8 yards a game.

Baalke agreed with Ryan, who suggested part of the run-game problems have been tied to the defensive alignment and scheme.

“We’ve tightened things down, inside the tight end, which has helped, and we needed to,” Baalke said. “We’ve gotten ourselves in situations where we’ve been stressed, especially at the inside linebacker position, and it’s cost us some games.”

Baalke gone after this season?

Dallas can clinch their playoff berth this week:

Week 13 @NFL clinching scenario.

@dallascowboys clinch a playoff berth with:

1. DAL win + TB loss/tie
2. DAL win + WAS loss

Dallas can clinch their playoff berth this week:

Week 13 @NFL clinching scenario.

@dallascowboys clinch a playoff berth with:

1. DAL win + TB loss/tie
2. DAL win + WAS loss

I really hope Minnesota comes out and plays a good game against us, and that the Giants lose. If those things happen win or lose I'll be happy.

Team needs tough tests late in the season.

Farooq

Banned
Forgot to share this, FootballOutsiders had a peice on Dak in this weeks Quick Reads.
Link.

Hmm...Romo SB or Rookie QB SB?

We were higher than most on Prescott when we wrote about this year's quarterback crop in our annual QBASE piece, because our system recognized that Prescott's college performance against SEC defenses, without a lot of top talent teammates, was much better than his raw stats showed. But even we didn't like Prescott's odds of turning into a star, because no quarterback who slips out of the first round is likely to be a star. "The projection rates Prescott far ahead of [Paxton Lynch] and [Connor Cook], prospects currently expected to go earlier in the draft," Andrew Healy wrote. "QBASE does not predict Prescott to be a likely NFL success. But his 45 percent chance of being at least an adequate starter gives him enough upside to make him very much worth a Day 2 draft pick." (Healy, by the way, also acknowledged Prescott's comparisons to Tebow.)

Well, Prescott has exceeded all of our expectations. After 12 weeks of the 2016 season (not counting the Packers-Eagles Monday nighter), Prescott is completing 67.9 percent of his passes for 8.3 yards per attempt, with an NFL passer rating of 108.6, ranking sixth or better in all three categories. And his advanced stats are even better. Of the 35 NFL quarterbacks with at least 150 pass plays this season, Prescott ranks third with 1,153 passing DYAR, and his DVOA of 39.7% is the best in the league, beating Tom Brady (39.1%) by a few decimal points. Since 1989, no rookie has ever led the league in passing DYAR before. Matt Ryan came closest when he finished seventh in 2008.

Have we ever seen a rookie quarterback like this before? Statistically, no, and it's not close. Here's a look at what Prescott has done through 11 games, and what the full-season rookie records are in each category:

1HnBJoz.png

If Prescott doesn't throw another pass for the rest of the season, he will still break seven of the records on this table (assuming nothing bizarre happens with opponent adjustments in DYAR or DVOA). He's also threatening several others. He would need to average nearly 60 pass attempts per game from here on out to break Andrew Luck's record there, but the 24.6 completions, 307.8 yards, and 1.6 touchdowns per game he would need to set benchmarks in those categories are at least plausible -- through 11 starts, he has averaged 21.0 completions, 257.7 yards, and 1.6 touchdowns per game.

Top Bottom